[PS3] God of War III Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for sure, I'm gonna replay the Gaia section at least 40times over. This is one of those sequence that requires you to pause and digest everything due to the over whelming amount of information on screen. I hope there's a photomode function though.

I find that trailer non exciting ! Watching the demo gameplay is more fun than this trailer to me. Feels disjointed and incoherent.
The only thing cool was that boss with orange and purple lighting. He looked cool :) ! The earlier trailer felt much better than this one !
After playing the demo and now watching this trailer, I'm more pumped than ever to get my hands on it. The trailer was epic IMO, even though little was shown.

Trailer is fundamental!
Hades looks phantastic, the water-horse-spider one of the coolest things I have ever seen!

To the God of War devs: if you desperately need an additional playtester...I officially anounce my willingness to help you out.

Utterly incredible when you consider Uncharted 2 level graphics on such a mammoth scale. Hades looked way more detailed than before I thought.
And the return of Cronos, the Daddy of all Titans who must be pissed as hell. I wonder if he'll personally get into a godzilla vs king kong type fight with Zeus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Utterly incredible when you consider Uncharted 2 level graphics on such a mammoth scale. Hades looked way more detailed than before I thought.
And the return of Cronos, the Daddy of all Titans who must be pissed as hell. I wonder if he'll personally get into a godzilla vs king kong type fight with Zeus.

Isn't Cronos Zeus' father, or the 'original' big God? I'm getting confused, ain't i...

Is it me or, apart from the obvious IQ differences (AA for one), GOW3 is pretty much on par or at times better than the FMV on the PS2 GOW games? Not just me, right?

I do remember the discussions on here about whether next (=current) gen consoles would reach last gen FMV quality... Quite funny to see it now.

Oh so he was Zeus's daddy AND a titan?? Cool, i can see how they'd want to use that in the storyline!

It is explained in a cut scene in GOW2

let me explain for those who don't intend of playing GOW2
Cronos was eating all his wife's babies because he was afraid his son would overthrow him. His wife was was human looking. Not a titan at least in GOW2.
But when she had Zeus, she disguised a bag of rocks to look like baby Zeus, and Cronos ate the bag of rocks instead of baby Zeus who she hid from him.

When Zeus grew older, he started the war with the titans. And he used the Blade of Olympus to end the war. Which is the sword you end up with at the end of GOW2.

Zeus ,like his father Cronos, starts to get paranoid when he gets older too. He is worried his son will succeed him. That is why he helps Kratos kill Ares in the first game. And in GOW2 he kills Kratos who we learn is his son as well.

Also if you didn't play GOW2, you would not realize that the narrator from GOW1 was actually the titan Gaia the whole time. Who turns out might be the most important figure in Kratos' life.

The ending of GOW2 is a big fight with Zeus. But when you are about to kill him, Athena steps in and is killed by Kratos instead. Zeus walks away. And one of the final scenes is him rallying the other gods on Olympus to prepare for battle. And you see all the other titans, which Kratos recently freed climbing up to mount Olympus.

It is explained in a cut scene in GOW2

let me explain for those who don't intend of playing GOW2
Cronos was eating all his wife's babies because he was afraid his son would overthrow him. His wife was was human looking. Not a titan at least in GOW2.
But when she had Zeus, she disguised a bag of rocks to look like baby Zeus, and Cronos ate the bag of rocks instead of baby Zeus who she hid from him.

When Zeus grew older, he started the war with the titans. And he used the Blade of Olympus to end the war. Which is the sword you end up with at the end of GOW2.

Zeus ,like his father Cronos, starts to get paranoid when he gets older too. He is worried his son will succeed him. That is why he helps Kratos kill Ares in the first game. And in GOW2 he kills Kratos who we learn is his son as well.

Also if you didn't play GOW2, you would not realize that the narrator from GOW1 was actually the titan Gaia the whole time. Who turns out might be the most important figure in Kratos' life.

The ending of GOW2 is a big fight with Zeus. But when you are about to kill him, Athena steps in and is killed by Kratos instead. Zeus walks away. And one of the final scenes is him rallying the other gods on Olympus to prepare for battle. And you see all the other titans, which Kratos recently freed climbing up to mount Olympus.

Oh yes i knew all the GOW2 story.
Regarding the real Greek Mythology... Makes you wonder what kind of drugs they were smoking at that time!!!

Exactly my thoughts. ^_^

Who did the trailer ? It doesn't feel like an agency's work.

EDIT: The GoW3 team just posted a blog update:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/god-of-war-iii-vengeance-trailer/

Quote:
Just to give a little perspective on what we were going for with this trailer, we really wanted to sell the high action of the game and put together snippets of several of the big moments. Everything is pulled straight from the game – there is no trickery, etc. Everything is running in “real time.” There are no “cinematic” sequences here, meaning this is all gameplay.
I sure hope that means the game will have that same quality of motion blur. I'd gladly trade 60fps for such beautiful IQ.

Oh yes i knew all the GOW2 story.
Regarding the real Greek Mythology... Makes you wonder what kind of drugs they were smoking at that time!!!

Ha ha ! I think that statement can apply to both the original creators of the Greek Mythology and the GoW team.

Great imaginations nonetheless. Have always been fascinated by them stories.

I sure hope that means the game will have that same quality of motion blur. I'd gladly trade 60fps for such beautiful IQ.

Since the trailer consists of actual game footage, I was looking for a representative screen capture in GAF:

2wqfomb.jpg

...that I quite like (but the angle and posture is not perfect yet -- just a little bit more tweaking needed).

[size=-2]Notice that all my favorite shots have Kratos' face turned away (or blocked, or too small to see) :p[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back