• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is not an idiot I'm sure, on the other hand, I'm quite sure he is in bed with nV.

I mean srsly! Overpriced?? Compared to what? And what about millions that nV bribes devs with in TWIMTBP. He obviously has something to gain by writing this nonsense.

Hmm he isn't in bed with nV, I don't agree with his comments on overpriced, but I can tell you TWIMTBP doesn't bribe developers, but I'm aware ATi did give out cash (like) purchase the Cry Engine for a 10 min demo thats 500k. Its not suprising they will spend $1 million on a game like Grid, codemasters seem to have been working with ATi for many years now.

Hmm he isn't in bed with nV, I don't agree with his comments on overpriced, but I can tell you TWIMTBP doesn't bribe developers, but I'm aware ATi did give out cash (like) purchase the Cry Engine for a 10 min demo thats 500k. Its not suprising they will spend $1 million on a game like Grid, codemasters seem to have been working with ATi for many years now.

Hell! I thought Fudo was talking code
ATI throws a million+ in Dirt 2

Hell! I thought Fudo was talking code

ah sorry its marketing they will do it if they have to, if its code thats fine, if its something else, I don't see why its such a big deal, come on, the codemaster's engines seem to have been working with with ATi cards for years now.

Let's just take one step at a time. I don't doubt one second that they might have something along that line in plans, but it sounds way too early for now.

Haven't you heard? Latest craze is that the HD5870 is a cut-down part. 1440 for the 5850, 1600 for the 5870 and then 1760 or 1920 for the 5890.
Heck, people taking the chiphell pic. at face value believe it's closer to 2400 than anything else ;) putting it well in the middle of a 1600 5870 and a 3200 Hemlock.

ah sorry its marketing they will do it if they have to, if its code thats fine, if its something else, I don't see why its such a big deal, come on, the codemaster's engines seem to have been working with with ATi cards for years now.

I just don't know & never really thought about marketing deals. While I can accept "game bundling promotions" costing $$$s I thought AMD were not really in a position, financially, to go overboard.

What sort of money is available/normal/usual for TWIMTBP & ... the ATi equivalent?

I dont know how you made the connection that Fuad isnt in bed with Nv to TWIMTBP doesnt bribe developers. Fuad's latest blurb just shows who's spinning his mouth and also there is no "bribe", there are contractual agreements.

Faud tends to be pretty neutral with his articles, I took it that he personally thinks the pricing of the the HD line is expensive comparative to the previous HD line.

Now nV does have more money to spend on co-marketing deals that is true, but thats just business, for ATi since they can't spend as much. When they had the chance with the r3xx line they didn't take the advantage to stucture themselves well in that aspect, nothing that we say will change that, they missed a great oppurtunity, looks like that don't want to do that now, they have an advantage of an earlier release.

Faud tends to be pretty neutral with his articles, I took it that he personally thinks the pricing of the the HD line is expensive comparative to the previous HD line.
Fuad is as neutral as Charlie is. If you cant see Fuad's slant in his last five articles then no convincing by me can make you see that now. Lets agree to disagree on this topic, others have well and truly see Fuad's colors, if they had also mistankely thought that he was "neutral". :rolleyes:

neliz, any more bench leaks?

neliz, any more bench leaks?

1 I'm waiting for someone to break NDA and tell you about the SS AAA options, amongst the other AA options there, but Fellix' source doesn't come up with the goods :(
6 I'm also looking forward to using ED without Source engine games crapping out on me.
X

How are the 5 series cards priced compared to the price of the 4 series when they were launched ?

Higher? But still lower than the GT200's at launch. so overall AMD positioned the HD5xxx cards slightly higher than the HD4xxx cards.
Overall the HD5870 is priced €50/€75 lower than the HD2900XT at launch, dealer prices for the HD5870 is €275, retail is €310.
If someone cries "prices have gone up" than prepare for more expensive products with higher performance.

8xaa.png

8xMSAA pattern sample from a 5870 board. Same since the R600 as you see.

Back