Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more screenshots into part 3. Same settings/configuration as previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay gotta admit those shots are a lot better than anything else I've seen to date. The game really does look spectacular. I'll probably still hold off for the DX11 patch before picking it up though. Wonder if I'll see any benefit on my DX10 GPU.

It does look spectacular for the most part. Though it does need higher res textures as even if most look good at certain distance upclose quite some look to lowres for PC standards. A texture mod would be something that would really benefit be it remade textures or just added tiled detail layers for lowres surfaces.

Oddly the game so far looked far worse for first part of first level and then just IMO improved greatly. I also like how almost every lightsource cast shadows. Cant wait till I get to the night missions. :)

Beautiful! What kind of performance do you get at xbox settings Neb?

Haven't tried Xbox settings but lowest PC setting should be comparable if not better using 8xAF IIRC and rendering methods/quality. I'll test perfomance later.

Haven't tried Xbox settings but lowest PC setting should be comparable if not better using 8xAF IIRC and rendering methods/quality. I'll test perfomance later.

Nice one. According the PDF you posted in the new PC thread the 360 uses 4xAF and has been confirmed to run at a resolution of 1152x720 which in raw pixel terms puts it between 1024x768 and 1280x720. Closer to the first though. To ensure the right field of view it's probably best to go with 720p though unless you can custom match the resolution exactly.

Crytek also said the lowest setting is pretty equivilent to the consoles in terms of effects (albeit with higher texture resolution).

I expect you'll be CPU limited at those settings with your 4890, so I don;t expect to see crazy framerates. I don't suppose you still have that 7900GT in use do you? Now that would make for an interesting comparison indeed at those settings.

I Thought I'd post a view pics of the original, just so people don't forget it's greatness in all the razzle dazzle of the new version ;)

crysis20110325155618772.jpg

By pjbliverpool at 2011-03-25
crysis20110325155607342.jpg

By pjbliverpool at 2011-03-25

Nice one. According the PDF you posted in the new PC thread the 360 uses 4xAF and has been confirmed to run at a resolution of 1152x720 which in raw pixel terms puts it between 1024x768 and 1280x720. Closer to the first though. To ensure the right field of view it's probably best to go with 720p though unless you can custom match the resolution exactly.

Went with 1280x720 with betas 360 spec (4xAF forced) forced onto lowest PC setting to get proper 360 config. Stock 4890 1GB, E8400@3.6GHz dual-core. My PC would certainly perform better but DX9 API is used. No mather how good the DX9 code is it will be underutilizing the DX10.1 capable hardware and bloat CPU and GPU with uncesseray work. DX9 API also uses expensive GI workaround for PC which is not needed in DX10 due to API limitations. Ofcourse PC HW brute force overcomes that perfomance hit but it detracts from the real higher framerate.

Also dont know how shader code is read and if it affects quality by just having PC centric rendering method and most likely thus higher (or possibly lower) precision/quality.

Crytek also said the lowest setting is pretty equivilent to the consoles in terms of effects (albeit with higher texture resolution).

Texture res seems much equal between settings to be fair. Might be differences in amount of mapping layers though and/or the mapping res (tiled and non-tiled). I did though force correct 360 specs from beta.

I expect you'll be CPU limited at those settings with your 4890, so I don;t expect to see crazy framerates. I don't suppose you still have that 7900GT in use do you? Now that would make for an interesting comparison indeed at those settings.

Seems so or more like DX9 API bottlenecks. Might also be fillrate limiations as going to 1680x1050 for for example second pic gave me 58fps. I'll see if I can get it to run on the 7900GT powered PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job man, thanks for that! The game still looks great at those setting but definately much more like the console version.

So much for older PC CPU's not being able to keep up with the consoles though. You're getting 2-3x the performance there out of an old dual core Penryn! And thats with the horrible API overhead of DX9. Even my puny 2.4Ghz Conroe should be able to wipe the floor with whats being offered by the consoles in the CPU department.

Is it possible to take offline screenshots in C2 like you could in Crysis? That was a quite nice feature.

Crysis 2 "extreme" setting + custom config + override abse config to make some otherwise restricted settings change. 1680x1050, 16xAF, games own edge AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back