Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just downloaded the Steam version of Crysis.

Started it up in 1920x1200 16xAF (forced from control panel) and 4xMSAA and everything on Very High. Go to say I shed a tear at the sheer beauty and fluidity of the intro sequence... :oops:

Its been such a long time since I played this game and boy does this look good at vanilla settings.

Anyway would appreciate some help getting hold of a some decent mods. In particular DoF, POM+AF, Texture Pack and Ultra-High config.

I ran the default GPU benchmark at the above settings, results as follows:

==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 37.63s, Average FPS: 53.15
Min FPS: 33.61 at frame 139, Max FPS: 68.77 at frame 885
Average Tri/Sec: -14799559, Tri/Frame: -278430
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -3.29
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 32.98s, Average FPS: 60.63
Min FPS: 33.61 at frame 139, Max FPS: 68.77 at frame 885
Average Tri/Sec: -16079643, Tri/Frame: -265191
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -3.46
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 32.89s, Average FPS: 60.81
Min FPS: 33.61 at frame 139, Max FPS: 69.24 at frame 979
Average Tri/Sec: -16048374, Tri/Frame: -263893
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -3.47
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
Play Time: 32.86s, Average FPS: 60.86
Min FPS: 33.61 at frame 139, Max FPS: 69.96 at frame 997
Average Tri/Sec: -16147140, Tri/Frame: -265335
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -3.45
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)

I prefer the particle MOD you created..... looks good and isn't 'In yer face' as much..

And were's these TOD files buddy :LOL:

Anyone have a link to Nebby's particle mod?
Neb?

Also with the texture mods I assume you have to "inject" these into the existing paks or unpack and repack?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Dude! Will post some screenies soon.

I still searching for the TOD package else I'll repack it. XD

The texture mod files are jsut dropped into your "...Cryss/game" folder. Package data is read in alphabetic order why packed mods have "zz_" or similar as first name letters. CryEngine is one of the most mod friendly engines available! :)

My particle mod.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6HDCJ9NM

Well all the mods listed a few posts back are wonderful and 60 fps (vsync) is constant on my rig, but I might have to try dx9 and AAA since transparency could really use some AA once you get so much foliage with shadows...

Well all the mods listed a few posts back are wonderful and 60 fps (vsync) is constant on my rig, but I might have to try dx9 and AAA since transparency could really use some AA once you get so much foliage with shadows...

Same here actually. Got plenty of headroom locked into VSYNC. The DX10 MSAA just doesnt cut it, but without NHancer (doesnt work with my driver version, boo hoo!) I am struggling to find an AA setting or tool that filters the foilage properly! Any suggestions appreciated!

I installed a ToD mod (called Rizel2 or something... I forget) and I wasn't very impressed with it. I loved the DoF, but I appeared to be missing a lot of volumetric effects, like fog and godrays. The SSAO (It is SSAO isnt it?) was really too heavy for my liking and the colours were too saturated almost to the point of looking like Farcry. I also had some LoD artifacting at long distances, which ruined the cutscenes. I am much happier with the DX10 vanialla config on Very High, but I have left in the Rygel's texture pack and the awesome ambient lighting mod with AF+POM. Really quite a staggering increase in IQ with this.

Left to try are Nebula's particle mod, some HD foilage, edge AA and the nice nanosuit and the weapon skins.

Nebula, would really appreciate your ToD modifications. Grazie mille!

I spot the Rhygels texture pack fault...

Delete the leaves.a.dds in the updatepart 1 .pak folder :)

thank you very much, i almost became to think all because of some kind of the acid rains mod :D

btw i did some test about transparency aa with sparse grid and other methods.. i want to use trsgssaa but it halves the framerates so i have to stick with trsssaa.. ignore the rygels fault i did the tests a couple of days ago..

crsysisaa.png

8xMSAA + 8xTrSGSSAA 8xMSAA + 8xTrSSAA 8xMSAA + TrMSAA
4xMSAA + 4xTrSGSSAA 4xMSAA + 4xTrSSAA 4xMSAA + TrMSAA
2xMSAA + 2xTrSGSSAA 2xMSAA + 2xTrSSAA 2xMSAA + TrMSAA

almighty found (a few pages back) that bumping it down to DX9 and using the Warhead Cvars would allow AMD to run with transparency AAA. I don't know of anyway to do the same with DX10 :(
Actually I really like Neb's particle mode best of the ones above as it's the most noticeable. I haven't played enough to come across one of those textures that makes use of good POM (yes, I watched the superbowl last night instead :) ).

Thats fine, I have always expected to switch to the DX9 renderer, but I will wait for Nebula's config.

One would assume that a 4x multisample with 2 x transparency supersample would be achieveable at 45 - 60fps with my setup... just!

BTW, anyone care to elaborate on the Rygel's texture pack bug?

This is DX9 with 8x AAA and 16x AF (forced).

The first run is slow as it's loading textures. It then settles at about 75 fps average.

All mods listed above installed and running:

2/7/2011 7:54:17 AM - Vista 64
Beginning Run #1 on Map-island, Demo-benchmark_gpu
DX9 1900x1200, AA=8x, Vsync=Disabled, 32 bit test, FullScreen
Demo Loops=3, Time Of Day= 9
Global Game Quality: VeryHigh
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 33.26s, Average FPS: 60.13
Min FPS: 42.66 at frame 139, Max FPS: 95.88 at frame 971
Average Tri/Sec: -39317404, Tri/Frame: -653876
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.40
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 26.55s, Average FPS: 75.34
Min FPS: 42.66 at frame 139, Max FPS: 105.75 at frame 121
Average Tri/Sec: -48878228, Tri/Frame: -648771
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.41
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 26.48s, Average FPS: 75.54
Min FPS: 42.66 at frame 139, Max FPS: 105.75 at frame 121
Average Tri/Sec: -48975380, Tri/Frame: -648323
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.41
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)

FYI I didn't realize I had the rez at 1900x1200 instead of 1920x1200 in that last one.
For reference upping to 8xQ (edge detect) AAA drops the framerate to about 50 fps at 1920x1200 on my rig...but it sure looks sweet.

Thats fine, I have always expected to switch to the DX9 renderer, but I will wait for Nebula's config.

One would assume that a 4x multisample with 2 x transparency supersample would be achieveable at 45 - 60fps with my setup... just!

BTW, anyone care to elaborate on the Rygel's texture pack bug?

Open "zzTexturesupdatepart1.pak" with WinRar. Then browse to "Objects/natural/Bushes/RoundLeafBush" and delete "Leaves_a.dds". Then just resave file.

thank you very much, i almost became to think all because of some kind of the acid rains mod :D

btw i did some test about transparency aa with sparse grid and other methods.. i want to use trsgssaa but it halves the framerates so i have to stick with trsssaa.. ignore the rygels fault i did the tests a couple of days ago..

crsysisaa.png

8xMSAA + 8xTrSGSSAA 8xMSAA + 8xTrSSAA 8xMSAA + TrMSAA
4xMSAA + 4xTrSGSSAA 4xMSAA + 4xTrSSAA 4xMSAA + TrMSAA
2xMSAA + 2xTrSGSSAA 2xMSAA + 2xTrSSAA 2xMSAA + TrMSAA

Dude I can get better image quality results then that by running plain old 4xMSAA+TRSAA....

Is FRAPS the best way to capture Crysis or should I use the in-game cmd line?

Capture? Do you want to benchmark? There is a built-in bench and then there is a cool app for automating benchmarks with different settings over at guru3d. If you want to compare to other people's reported benchmarks that's the best tool. If you want to test how well it plays at a particular setting just play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back