XGI launches the Volari 8300

radeonic2 said:
Wow it gets the same framerate in doom as my 8500 at 640x480:LOL:
It's doing quite fine considering the number is 200 smaller than on 8500 ;)

Now,now, this is not a gaming card.And as I`m quite curious about their TrueVideo stuff...for 55 bucks it would fit nicely in a PC meant for multimedia, IMO:)

Kaotik said:
It's doing quite fine considering the number is 200 smaller than on 8500 ;)
:LOL:
Seriously I guess when your product perhaps like a 4 year old car it is required you focus on dvd playback.
Granted it does have SM2B.. but what good is it if you cant even play HL2 at decent settings?
What a pointless piece of "tech"
Anyone who buys one of these and not just to see how bad it sucks is clearly demented.

You can compare it to old cards for goods jokes. You cannot decides its quality on it, because today market have different cards. You can play HL2 at decent settings with these. $55 is maximum price. Strong points of this tech are evident. it is not out yet with final drivers.
Anyone who says about these how bad it sucks is clearly demented.
Stop the hardware racism.

I dunno about dementia, so I won`t interfere with that...but, this a budget of the budget card, and we`re complaining that HL2 and FEAR are unplayable?Are they playable on FX5200s?No, and those sold shitloads.Are they playable on 6200s?X300s?Any freaking budget of the budget card?Not quite.

And about the Doom numbers, unless they`ve significantly overhauled their ICD, the low-framerate is the minor problem, the major problem is that it`s running through the ARB path and that it looks like utter ass(or so it used to be on former generation cards from them)

Who buys Volari cards anyway? The reviewers?.. The last time around, IQ and drivers were a horrible mess, not to even mention the performance..

I`ve yet to see a review comprehensively looking at graphics quality on the 8300...AFAIK, VIDEO quality was never an issue with them...I`m curious how 3D looks and if they got rid of the horrid filtering they used to have.

Back