XenForo 2 Problems and Feature Requests

Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, bit the font sizes on the 'New Posts' titles vary in size. It breaks my brain.

View attachment 6595

I'm not seeing it on any of my devices. From a source perspective, from what I can see, all of the thread titles are setup as class "structItem-title" which is identical in the CSS.

Maybe Rys can reproduce it?

1655220806583.png

Can't see my Username button to change my account settings.

It's there, but small. Running Android 12 & mobile Chrome. Select Desktop Site & it's there.

View attachment 6587

Also, when you create a PWA icon on the launcher, you can hardly read the icon.

View attachment 6588

Tommy McClain
I've fixed the PWA icon issue, give it a whirl (only tested with Chrome on macOS but it should be good everywhere there's Chrome or something Chrome-based). I'll hopefully get round to the missing profile text at small sizes bug this weekend.

I'm not seeing it on any of my devices. From a source perspective, from what I can see, all of the thread titles are setup as class "structItem-title" which is identical in the CSS.

Maybe Rys can reproduce it?

View attachment 6596
I can't repro sadly, and I don't have an Android-based phone to help me with that. I can give Android a go in an emulator though maybe and see if I can figure it out, but it's low priority.

I've fixed the PWA icon issue, give it a whirl (only tested with Chrome on macOS but it should be good everywhere there's Chrome or something Chrome-based). I'll hopefully get round to the missing profile text at small sizes bug this weekend.

Thanks Rys. New icon is much better. I'll be patient for the profile text fix. Thanks for looking at it

BTW is there support for push notifications? Haven't had the PWA installed long but I don't think I'm seeing any push notifications.

Tommy McClain

Thanks Rys. New icon is much better. I'll be patient for the profile text fix. Thanks for looking at it

BTW is there support for push notifications? Haven't had the PWA installed long but I don't think I'm seeing any push notifications.

Tommy McClain
I’ve enabled support for the Push API stuff on all supported platforms, but I don’t have any of them to test with. Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

I’ve enabled support for the Push API stuff on all supported platforms, but I don’t have any of them to test with. Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

The only push notifications I've used were the simple browser based ones, like Edge or Chrome on Windows or Android supports. It usually prompts to be enabled at the bottom of the window.

They then show up in the Notification Bar on windows:
1655407283956.png

Screenshot_20220616-151631_Chrome.jpg

I rejected push notifications. The banner that appears afterwards, saying "enable, disable, don't ask again" has light grey text on a light background, almost unreadable, with default B3D scheme.

That's definitely a bug, I don't want to make it hard for folks to find anything here. I'll look into it, thanks for reporting.
The forum seems to not be properly indexed by Google. Bug or feature?

IIRC some searches didn't found beyond 3d forum at all. Some found dev beyond3d instead
Any dev version must not be publicly accessible as per Xenforo license rules, it must be behind an a HTTP authentication request which would prevent it from being indexed.

For searches, it would really depend on the search term. Additionally, it can take months for Google to update it's crawling for a Xenforo 1 to 2 conversion, possibly only accelerated by a sitemap available.

I've checked and the sitemap is being built and automatically submitted to both Google and Bing, with the correct URL. I'm not sure whether that means the crawlers will definitely come and visit and index based on that map, but there's nothing stopping them doing that. No robots.txt denies any crawler, etc.

I've checked and the sitemap is being built and automatically submitted to both Google and Bing, with the correct URL. I'm not sure whether that means the crawlers will definitely come and visit and index based on that map, but there's nothing stopping them doing that. No robots.txt denies any crawler, etc.
Maybe conflict with the dev site? Have Google been blocked from the dev site?

Can we add a “good idea” / ”interesting” like? A 💡 or 🤔 (bulb or thinking emoji). There are plenty of posts that drop knowledge but are above my level of understanding, so while I appreciate them I can’t immediately verify them. Besides offering dum-dums like me some cover in case of charlatans ;) , it might be useful to distinguish between agreeing with a post vs. appreciating a more thoughtful or technical post.

Then again, it’s not like we have a weekly smartest/funniest post round-up, so maybe I’m over-thinking this. Maybe it can be useful in automatically expediting useful contributor new accounts to regular ones that can edit and junk.

I never took "liking" of a post to mean agreement, as I always view it as thanks for the contribution. I haven't seen reasonable people using "post likes" in a positive way, I have only ever seen them dragged up by absolute assholes to try and twist and imply meaning behind them while they go on toxic tirades. Fortunately for the health of the community, they are long gone.

Perhaps "Helpful" may fit in along the lines of "good idea" / "interesting". The graphic I used elsewhere was a life preserver -- 1662252774862.png

Possible ratings differentiation which might be useful here (but then again may run entirely counter to the intent of keeping the meta out of the forums and preventing all the petty bickering and posturing):

• Haha / LOL / Funny
  • Agree
  • Helpful
  • Wow / Surprise
  • Sad / Aww

Back