Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

I have a question about the XSX GPU it supports FP4/FP8 or Int8/Int4 calculations?
I am not sure there has been an explicit confirmation, but I assume you mean thoes are packed?

Ie not can it perform quarter rate precision, but can it perform quarter rate precision at four time the usual 32bit precision?

From the AMD RDNA white paper

the compute unit vector registers
natively support packed data including two half-precision (16-bit) FP values, four 8-bit
integers, or eight 4-bit integers.

So this would be 8x 4fp or 4x 8fp throughput.

I have a question about the XSX GPU it supports FP4/FP8 or Int8/Int4 calculations?
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-inside-xbox-series-x-full-specs
"We knew that many inference algorithms need only 8-bit and 4-bit integer positions for weights and the math operations involving those weights comprise the bulk of the performance overhead for those algorithms," says Andrew Goossen. "So we added special hardware support for this specific scenario. The result is that Series X offers 49 TOPS for 8-bit integer operations and 97 TOPS for 4-bit integer operations. Note that the weights are integers, so those are TOPS and not TFLOPs. The net result is that Series X offers unparalleled intelligence for machine learning."

Microsoft is allegedly 3 months ahead of Sony in manufacturing.
Hang on, do they only have 825,000 or is 825,000 units of their inventory carbon neutral? Because 825,000 doesn't feel like a lot for 3 months.

Hang on, do they only have 825,000 or is 825,000 units of their inventory carbon neutral? Because 825,000 doesn't feel like a lot for 3 months.

Ignore that reply, Bickle2 is just responding to really old messages where the discussion has already moved on. Literally the very next post by AzBat dealt with that. The premise of the Carbon Neutral consoles was already proven to not be about Series X despite the material using only that Xbox image. https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2150369/

Still rumors, but allegedly price of $499 and release date of November 10th.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox...ies-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

The more powerful Xbox Series X will cost $499, with a $35 per month Xbox All Access financing option.​

Both consoles will launch on November 10, 2020.​

That $35/mo price is on the high side. Whoever got in with the One @ $25/mo with the upgrade option might get sticker shock when they have to start paying $35/mo for it. Unless of course they still paying $25/mo?

Tommy McClain

Zac Bowden is saying $499 for Series X...

Tommy McClain

Yup, my numbers held up... Sony you're next.
Nope. The $399 magical unicorn days are over! At least for the higher-spec'd machines anyhow.

The PS5 SE BOM will be around $560-$570 dollars, and $520-$530 for the PS5 DE. The XBSX BOM will be around $590-$620 dollars, and $340-$355 for the XBSS. Mind you, these estimations don't take into account other outside factors or logistics (e.g., testing/QC, packaging, crating, warehousing, shipping, etc.) which may or mayn’t be factored into the overall BOM cost.

What I see happening...
XBSX:
$499 ($90-$120 loss per unit)
PS5 Standard Edition (SE): $499 ($60-$70 loss per unit)
PS5 Digital Edition (DE): $449 ($70-$80 loss per unit)
XBSS: $299 ($40-$55 loss per unit)

I believe Sony will eat slightly more ($10-$20) upfront with the PS5 digital edition, rather than swallowing greater BOM losses trying to reach the $449 or $399 price-point with the PS5 standard edition.

your way off on what MS is loosing on systems.

No. Too many people are greatly overestimating the SoC/APU cost difference between both systems. The PS5 APU has a fair amount of custom tech (costly tech!), regardless of it's GPU CU deficiency.

Back