XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

talking of which, Fable Anniversary is slightly more stable on the Xbox One via bc

That's good news. Has anybody found a comparison video of fable 2 & 3 with a more current state of the emulator?
back than it was really not that great, because like on the xbox 360 fable was lagging like hell on my xb1 (at their xb1 debut). Didn't retry it since then.

That's good news. Has anybody found a comparison video of fable 2 & 3 with a more current state of the emulator?
back than it was really not that great, because like on the xbox 360 fable was lagging like hell on my xb1 (at their xb1 debut). Didn't retry it since then.
one of the most recent videos I found on the game is this one, two weeks old -played on the Xbox One S-, but I never was much into Fable so I can't tell.

Phil Spencer talks about the original Xbox BC.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-original-xbox-backwards-compatibility-is/1100-6453999/

"We're close, we're really close," Spencer said when asked for the status of Xbox backwards compatibility. "I have a little dashboard I go to and I can see all the games [and] where they are in getting approvals in the pipeline. I know the games that are coming for the original Xbox but I don't think we've announced them all. We have to do this in partnership with partners, but we're still on track. I feel really good. The games look great."

"There's some stuff we're going to talk about in that space in terms of how compatibility's going to work on [Xbox One] X specifically that I think people will find pretty interesting.

"There's some stuff we're going to talk about in that space in terms of how compatibility's going to work on [Xbox One] X specifically that I think people will find pretty interesting."

I have seen some speculation that perhaps 360 games (original Xbox games as well?) could get a resolution bump on X1X. Not sure if it's technically possible but the power is arguably there considering how well Xbox One already emulates 360 games and how much more powerful X1X is..

"There's some stuff we're going to talk about in that space in terms of how compatibility's going to work on [Xbox One] X specifically that I think people will find pretty interesting."

I have seen some speculation that perhaps 360 games (original Xbox games as well?) could get a resolution bump on X1X. Not sure if it's technically possible but the power is arguably there considering how well Xbox One already emulates 360 games and how much more powerful X1X is..
if it works much like the PS3 emulator which takes full advantage of good textures -something Xbox games had plenty of back in the day- it could be a vein of gold

this is so common it's not even news, but again BC beats the original hardware --not by a long margin for the most time, though, there are a couple of times where it runs at less than 30 fps or worse, but it's more stable than original hardware most of the time

is there any technical reason why they wouldn't be able to "just" force double the resolution in both axis on the 1X on every game?

that with the already announced additional improvements would make a huge difference.

Come to think about it, any reason why couldn't also force a 50% boost in both axis for unpatched XO games? Say any game that uses pre jan 2017 xdk

Last edited:
this is so common it's not even news, but again BC beats the original hardware --not by a long margin for the most time, though, there are a couple of times where it runs at less than 30 fps or worse, but it's more stable than original hardware most of the time

Looks like the framerate is more stable:

one of the most recent videos I found on the game is this one, two weeks old -played on the Xbox One S-, but I never was much into Fable so I can't tell.

Thx for that video. Meanwhile I retried Fable 2 and it seems to run at least as good as on xb360. But the controller-input lag is horrible, but I think that was horrible on xb360, too. I have no problem to play those "hit the button"-mini games, so this should really be the game. I Really which they would fix those sluggish controls in those fable games, but well, after a while I got used to it.

new original Xbox games leaked

8kPD2Fj.jpg

I didn't think those have been confirmed, but were someone's guess at what they could be?

Thx for that video. Meanwhile I retried Fable 2 and it seems to run at least as good as on xb360. But the controller-input lag is horrible, but I think that was horrible on xb360, too. I have no problem to play those "hit the button"-mini games, so this should really be the game. I Really which they would fix those sluggish controls in those fable games, but well, after a while I got used to it.
Played fable 2 recently on 360 and it does feel sluggish and input laggy. Though you do adjust to it. Still better than pre alternative movement patch witcher 3 lol.

----
I'm really wondering whether OG xbox games will work like they did on 360 ; if they're added via system update and afterwards you can pop in the disc without downloading anything. I'd guess they'll work like 360 games do on Xbox one but i'm really hoping for the former.

Back