Rare Replay. The game collects decades of classics for the Xbox One. 30 games, 30 $/€

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter

rare-replay-id-horiz-rgb.jpg

This is the list of Rare games included in Rare Replay:

Jetpac
Atic Atac
Lunar Jetman
Sabre Wulf
Underwurlde
Knight Lore
Gunfright
Slalom
R.C. Pro-Am
Cobra Triangle
Snake Rattle N Roll
Digger T. Rock
Solar Jetman
R.C. Pro-Am II
Battletoads Arcade
Killer Instinct Gold
Blast Corps
Banjo-Kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
Perfect Dark
Banjo-Tooie
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo: Elements of Power
Viva Piñata
Jetpac Refuelled
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ames_including_classics_from_nintendo_systems

Last edited:
hm... No Conker: Live and Reloaded? Wonder if they're increasing res for the Xbox & 360 titles.

hm... No Conker: Live and Reloaded? Wonder if they're increasing res for the Xbox & 360 titles.
Same here, I wonder if the games are going to receive some kind of technical overhaul. The classics too, the 3D ones I mean.

I am curious about Kameo because I played it less time than I'd have liked to.

Kameo was a great launch game. Due to the launch window constraints, I know there were some character types that they were not able to include. It would be awesome if they were able to flesh them out, but I guess that original team is long gone.

I didn't catch or see this anywhere, but are these games now all going to be 1080p/60?

Kameo was a great launch game. Due to the launch window constraints, I know there were some character types that they were not able to include. It would be awesome if they were able to flesh them out, but I guess that original team is long gone.

I didn't catch or see this anywhere, but are these games now all going to be 1080p/60?
According to this IGN video, the Rare Replay games aren't just simple ports, but technically wise not further info is given.

A lot of games from my childhood in that compilation. If this were heading for PS4 I'd definitely buy it for Knight Lore alone. :yes:

Hum, so old games like Knight's Lore seem to have an Old Monitor filter. I actually hope the n64 stuff also feature that. I think they are better off with a bad IQ hiding the low polyness and low res textures than without it. I'm ok with improved fps, draw distance and AA though...

I've never played a Battletoads game, but well...people ar ready for the challenge.

Hoping I'll be able to import all my alternate skins for Kameo . The Christmas one is particularly fun.
Have pre-ordered this but wondering if there will be a digital version as being able to launch them as 'mini-games' rather than swapping the disk in and out definitely appeals.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies, one of those games I liked from the original Xbox is going to be remastered in Rare Replay and will run at 1080p 60 fps.

http://www.icxm.net/x/craig-duncan-interview.html

ICXM: How a game looks and plays is fairly controversial for some gamers – what is Rare’s aim for resolution and frame rate with Rare Replay? (for the games that are being remade)

Craig: It actually varies game to game as we have taken a different approach to get each game in the collection represented the way you remember them, something like the original Xbox Grabbed by the Ghoulies we remastered completely into 1080p and 60fps as the games cartoon art style worked well (cutscenes are still in 4:3 as the original), the Xbox 360 games are in their native resolutions and frame rates as they are already HD, the older titles we made the call to put them in an arcade style themed windowed mode to retain the authenticity, we also added a CRT filter that accurately reproduced the scan lines and pixel bleed screens gave back then which you can toggle on and off – We did whatever made the most sense to keep the quality high and the nostalgia present – the games play as you remember them, we embraced this goal.

I loved grabbed by the ghoulies, never finished it though. Despite going back and trying to play it every year or two it always seemed to end up with a save game bug that crashed me out. Like the fact its one of the few original xbox games they targeted for a 360 update. Based on the piles of discarded GbtG boxes in Nuts and Bolts I'm guessing it didn't do too well.....
Speaking of Nuts and Bolts - Cyan - have you had chance to try that in the 360 emulation?

A shame about the 360 titles just being emulated, but I guess that was to be expected. The Conker remaster is not in this, is it? Just the original? Also a shame.

Back