Rare Replay. The game collects decades of classics for the Xbox One. 30 games, 30 $/€

Maybe they'll do a second pack with the remainder. I'd like an Ultimate/Spectrum edition as I 'only' had a BBC B back in the day so be good to play Alien8, Nightshade and others. (though realistically I'll probably end up giving up after 30 mins of playing each of the games <g>)

A shame about the 360 titles just being emulated, but I guess that was to be expected. The Conker remaster is not in this, is it? Just the original? Also a shame.
Yes, just the original, for now.

I loved grabbed by the ghoulies, never finished it though. Despite going back and trying to play it every year or two it always seemed to end up with a save game bug that crashed me out. Like the fact its one of the few original xbox games they targeted for a 360 update. Based on the piles of discarded GbtG boxes in Nuts and Bolts I'm guessing it didn't do too well.....
Speaking of Nuts and Bolts - Cyan - have you had chance to try that in the 360 emulation?
Grabbed by the Ghouilies, strangely enough was one of my favourite original Xbox games, as I said a few times. I found it charming for whatever reason, maybe the colourful art style, maybe the festive tone..

As for Nuts and Bolts, I couldn't try it via emulation since I don't have the original game in digital format nor in disc format.

Rare Replay video, Grabbed by the Ghoulies gameplay on Xbox One.

More:

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Rare Replay is Amazon's most-pre-ordered game announced at E3 :) --hardly surprising, this game is a console-seller, and probably the best game of the X1 entire catalogue.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/rare-replay-is-amazon-s-most-pre-ordered-game-announced-at-e3/0151588

Wow. quite surprised how good GbtG looks in that video, slight bluriness on coopers jumper and and on some of the 2d screens, but aside from that it looks great.

so no resolution, frame rate, or AF bump for Perfect Dark Zero, banjo, all the post xbox games?
We shall see but my guess is that Perfect Dark Zero, Viva Piñata, Nuts and Bolts...are going to be the emulated versions of the original X360 game. Those games are included in the initial list of BC games so it seems likely.

They've recreated the blur of an old CRT TV using a filter than can be turned on/off on-the-fly.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-rare-replay-is-a-different-type-of-remastered-collection

Tommy McClain
The older spectrum and NES titles, like Lunar Jetman or RC Pro Am, can be picked up immediately and are still fun to play. But this is more than just a port. Rare has created visual filters which recreates what it was like to play them in the '80s. Click R3 and a filter simulates the blur of an old CRT television. The sharp, unforgiving pixels of a modern TV mellow into a nostalgic fuzz.
R3? What does the author of the article mean?

Playstation user who doesn't understand Xbox doesn't use the same names. R3 would be a RS click or right thumbstick click.

Tommy McClain
I guess so..... If you fancied one of these... Rare raffled this Xbox One console as a prize at Comic-Con.

CJhFxJIUwAA3C0U.jpg

That is HIDEOUS.
Ok then... maybe you will find this news less hideous... Rare are going to fix a nasty two players bug for Battletoads in the Rare Replay version. The bug was almost kept by Rare in the game for authenticity’s sake. But they decided not to.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-rare-collection-fixes-battletoads-infamo/1100-6428813/

... infamous two-player co-op glitch for the upcoming Rare Replay collection for Xbox One. Speaking this week at Comic-Con, the developer said it plans to remove the glitch, even though it is a "part of Battletoads legend.

But as Polygon explains, the bug made a difficult game even more challenging. After reaching the eleventh level in co-op, Player Two's controls would bug out, leaving the player unable to move. As a result, the other player needed to give up their own remaining lives so their friend could play on.

two-player-battletoads-bug-to-be-fixed.jpg

This is it:

What game of the Rare Replay collection are you going to play first? I am thinking Kameo or Battletoads or Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

Lots of great stuff and historic Rare games there. This is a game to play and have for years if you are going to get the most out of it.

I'm not sure if I'm buying it yet. I pretty much only want the 360 games only. I might buy them separately as 360 titles if they are cheaper. The only other game I'm interested is Grabbed by the Ghoulies. I wasn't a big N64 of SNES gamer, but I loved GoldenEye even with the awful N64 controller. Maybe one of these days it will make it onto a Xbox.

Tommy McClain

Back