XBox One and Windows 10 Programs [UWP, X0, W10]

Honestly if office and some type of file manager ever came to Xbox I don't think I would ever buy a PC again.
well, while I agree with that and the fact that a closed machine like Xbox works very well with Windows 10, I wouldn't mind having a laptop too if that was the case, but I agree with you overall.
So buddha's wrong ?
I think Buddha is right. I don't remember the exact specifics, if I had to install the app on the Xbox One or not, it was on my dashboard, highlighted, which surprised me, and I clicked on its tile and then it didn't take much to start watching episodes of Mr. Bean

I was discussing a problem about a gfwl game on another forum and someone posted this :

"UWP apps require a certificate but certificates expire...... Only thing I've been able to find out is that supposedly this "only" affects installing the app or updating it. Supposedly it doesn't affect running the app.
If anyone has any of these UWP games it would be interesting to see what happens when the date is changed or try to sideload an app with an expired cert.
You can't backup a Windows Store UWP app seperately from the OS so no way to test that."

nesbox: "See how you can explore and load ROMs from your OneDrive directly in the emulator. Going to release the version on Friday."
https://twitter.com/nesboxcom/status/778907625555714048

This is awesome and I'm not sure Microsoft can/would do much. I mean unless they specifically start banning ROM file types from being used on OneDrive?
Gotta try it again, it didn't work for me the last time I tried, some days ago.

The universal apps are pretty cool. I downloaded Torrent TV :smile2: the other day on the PC, and now I have it working on the Xbox One, and the TV is very well calibrated so the image quality is really good. Now I can watch Cristiano Ronaldo :eek: playing with RM when I can't go to a bar to watch sports.

Last edited:
It doesn't automatically mean that it supports Holographic features, just that the UWP app runs on Hololens as well I think. You can already have several UWP apps open at the same time in Hololens, placed somewhere in your space or relative to you as you please, if I understand correctly. It was 3 apps at the same time initially, and I think they increased that number recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not all apps that are UWP have Holographic listed as a supported platform.

Obviously, otherwise what would be the point of listing supported platforms in the first place. ;)

I think Arwin's point is it runs in Hololens as a 2D app, rather than being a Hololens-targeted app with Hololens features.

Like I said in a different thread, it is working for me now. :eek: I purchased it on the Xbox store using the console, and now it is also in my PC (Windows 10). If the emulation is good I am going to have a lot of fun playing Diddy Kong Racing, F-Zero, Ridge Racer 64 and other games full screen on a TV using a modern console.

Back