Xbox Live ARCADE Games... definitive thread

SSF2THD has the worst demo ever. The only mode available is 2-player local. So if you only own one controller, you can't even play the demo! What were they thinking?

What characters are unlocked in the demo? As the game is primarily competitive I can see why they did that, I would certainly prefer a multiplayer only demo over a singleplayer only one. SF2 was the first fighter I ever played, pity its such a huge download.

BTW Age of Booty is indeed another excellent, and unusual addition to the XBLA lineup. Simple to play, hard to master.

Free XBLA game: Dash of Destruction. It is a Dorito sponsored game--and very easy 200 gamer points. We found it to be kind of like Rampage in 3D. Simple game but fun for the kids. The biggest complaint will be it is short (but FREE) and not a ton of variety. You can play as the car or T-Rex and MP includes either a game of tag (everyone tries to catch the "it") or a game of cat-and-mouse.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/d/doritosdodxboxlivearcade/default.htm

I thought it was a pretty good distraction for a couple hours. Plus, getting all 200 GamerScore points was really nice. ;)

Tommy McClain

BTW Age of Booty is indeed another excellent, and unusual addition to the XBLA lineup. Simple to play, hard to master.

Age of Booty is one sale right now for 400pts ($5) through April 7th.

Great arcade title--one of the top 3 on XBLA imo. SP has like 27 missions iirc. There are dozens and dozens of maps where you can create your own SP or MP maps--up to 4 players on one console, 8 total online. Action-RTS style game with a lot of nuanced strategy. Fun, fun game and it even has its own map maker.

At $5 it is one of the best titles you can add to your collection. And seeing as there are few 4 player games, even fewer that really are playable by non twitch gamers, I think this is a no brainer.

Whatcha waiting for, go buy it now!

Ps- Anyone who gets AoB and wants to play let us know. We have 3 people over here who love the game plus a couple friends who play as well. ;)

Age of Booty is one sale right now for 400pts ($5) through April 7th.

Great arcade title--one of the top 3 on XBLA imo. SP has like 27 missions iirc. There are dozens and dozens of maps where you can create your own SP or MP maps--up to 4 players on one console, 8 total online. Action-RTS style game with a lot of nuanced strategy. Fun, fun game and it even has its own map maker.

At $5 it is one of the best titles you can add to your collection. And seeing as there are few 4 player games, even fewer that really are playable by non twitch gamers, I think this is a no brainer.

Whatcha waiting for, go buy it now!

Ps- Anyone who gets AoB and wants to play let us know. We have 3 people over here who love the game plus a couple friends who play as well. ;)

I think I may have 400 MS points left over

No system link play though correct?

I would have to check. I will let you know the next time I boot it up. I know it has local and live, and with Live you can have 4 players local online (with only one live account).

Xbox Live Arcade Revenues Up 41% In March

Xbox Live Arcade recently enjoyed its biggest March on record, with revenues topping $10 million for the first time, according to a new report by Forecasting and Analyzing Digital Entertainment (FADE).
March sales were up 41 per cent year-on-year, while the service saw y-o-y growth of five per cent during the first three months of 2010, the research firm said.
FADE attributed the impressive sales to the recent Xbox Live Block Party promotion, which featured releases including Toy Soldiers, Scrap Metal and Perfect Dark..... contd

SUPER TECMO BOWL IS UP!! throwback 2D game play or 3D upgraded graphics at the push of a button.... well done remake IMO (from trial)

SUPER TECMO BOWL IS UP!! throwback 2D game play or 3D upgraded graphics at the push of a button.... well done remake IMO (from trial)

Drooool.... must.... resist.... resistance.... is.... futile! I have wanted to teach my son some football but Madden is too complex. this may be juuuust right. The videos looks pretty sweet.

Drooool.... must.... resist.... resistance.... is.... futile! I have wanted to teach my son some football but Madden is too complex. this may be juuuust right. The videos looks pretty sweet.

There is nothing complex about Madden Arcade and for me it is much more fun than Super Tecmo Bowl. I was over the nostalgia for Super Tecmo Bowl in moments.

I will be getting Snoopy once I get a 360 back. My only complaint: No 4 way split screen. Booh! Oh, that, and no ability to control lobby sizes outside of private matches ...

The title Breach made me think we were going to get an old school turn based mission game :(

Anyone think Monday Night Combat will be any good? For some reason, that name sounds catchy to me.

Back