Xbox Live ARCADE Games... definitive thread

DeathSpank demo is available. It's kinda diabloesque with a lot of humor in the quests/dialogue, I'll probably grab the full version (1200 points) when I get more time to play.

Having bought and played the formerly, personally hailed, "best Pac-Man ever", Pac-Man Championship Edition, the newly released (360) and to-be-released (PS3) Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is even better. Chomping 20, 30, 40,..., 80+ ghosts in a row is so much fun.

Having bought and played the formerly, personally hailed, "best Pac-Man ever", Pac-Man Championship Edition, the newly released (360) and to-be-released (PS3) Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is even better. Chomping 20, 30, 40,..., 80+ ghosts in a row is so much fun.

Does it have any non timed game modes? Would be cool to just be able to play it without a time limit.

Does it have any non timed game modes? Would be cool to just be able to play it without a time limit.

I haven't played the "Free" modes yet so I'm not sure but I'm waiting for you to put forth some type of challenge! I tried Robotron the other day again and...yeah...I'm going to pretend I don't see your score ;)

Ooooo, is it out??

I haven't played the "Free" modes yet so I'm not sure but I'm waiting for you to put forth some type of challenge! I tried Robotron the other day again and...yeah...I'm going to pretend I don't see your score ;)

Oh that old score? I do way better than that on the arcade machine :) I've mostly moved on to pc for gaming, but I still pop on the 360 from time to time so I'll check pacman out.

Cypress? I'll make some calls and get you a Cayman. Sit tight!

Make that two caymans, I'm also waiting on a 6970 myself :)

Pac-Man having bullet time makes for some seriously fun near-misses.

Bought it last night, bullet time is a neat idea. The whole game is much better than the previous one, very fun. Oh, sorry about your former top scores there Nav...although you still have me beat on the ghost challenge. I only managed eating 81 ghosts in a chain so far :(

Bought it last night, bullet time is a neat idea. The whole game is much better than the previous one, very fun. Oh, sorry about your former top scores there Nav...although you still have me beat on the ghost challenge. I only managed eating 81 ghosts in a chain so far :(

I love this. I have a serious Friends Leaderboard competitiveness either way I'm sure it won't be much of a challenge to move you down :p

Don't forget if you want tips and tricks the top leaderboards have Replays.

What Robotron is this? Whassit called?

Solved some of my space issues on my old 360 by plugging in a 16GB usb stick (though the 360 says it's too slow, but I haven't needed it just yet, some 384mb left :p), and downloaded demos for Beyond Good and Evil HD as well as Pinball FX2.

I love Zen Studios work, but the old Pinball FX wasn't quite up to scratch vs the PS3 version. This version however is much, much better, and I decided to buy it. It's very good so far (just have the basic four tables), with nice friendslist competition integrated and even some avatar madness thrown in. Can highly recommend it, and if you are playing this, please add me to the ladder - there are only two other people in my friends list playing, and I beat them already after just trying each table once (ok, I tried one twice).

Solved some of my space issues on my old 360 by plugging in a 16GB usb stick (though the 360 says it's too slow, but I haven't needed it just yet, some 384mb left :p), and downloaded demos for Beyond Good and Evil HD as well as Pinball FX2.

I love Zen Studios work, but the old Pinball FX wasn't quite up to scratch vs the PS3 version. This version however is much, much better, and I decided to buy it. It's very good so far (just have the basic four tables), with nice friendslist competition integrated and even some avatar madness thrown in. Can highly recommend it, and if you are playing this, please add me to the ladder - there are only two other people in my friends list playing, and I beat them already after just trying each table once (ok, I tried one twice).

FX2 is definitely better than 1 but Williams is the better game overall though their leaderboards are absolutely atrocious. Also, come on, why would we add you to our lists you probably play 360 once every half-year :p!

Site question: Can this thread be used for Windows Phone 7 games for either a) all games in general or b) those that are Live Arcade games?

My natural aversion to the presumed time commitments of a thread starter is the reasoning for this question.

So is Game Room done? Haven't seen an update to it in ages.

According to the guys from the Player One Podcast, it sure seems like it (they were the biggest fans of this, as they are very much into retro games).

According to the guys from the Player One Podcast, it sure seems like it (they were the biggest fans of this, as they are very much into retro games).

Personally, I'm glad as it was poorly implemented though having said that I would have like to at least be able to use the games that I purchased as "anywhere" titles to be playable on my windows phone 7.

Yeah I kinda agree, the idea was badass but it wasn't executed well. I'm also considering ditching my iPhone to go with a Win7 phone for it's better email handling so I kinda wish I could have played all these retro games on the phone as well. Maybe they just need to reboot the whole game room idea, don't ditch it but start fresh. Then again maybe it wasn't profitable enough for them to care to continue with it.

Back