Xbox Live ARCADE Games... definitive thread

Geometry-wars 2 stuff...

I'm enjoying geo-wars a good deal. Although I think it'll be a while before I crack sequence. I've managed to get to around 17/20... Completing it without dying will be a true test of luck :)
It's funny. The first time I played gw2 (deadline), I got 3.5million yet it took me a good few hours to beat that score again (currently I'm somewhere around 8m I think - I've haven't yet managed to survive the entire 3 minutes).
The achievements are fun, wax off was tough but the two waves achievements seems really easy in comparison. Odd because waves *really* doesn't work for me, I find it really difficult.

(ignore my gamecard, I'm not online at home at the mo)..

Another Braid review.

Team Xbox - 9.1

Without question, I will say that everyone who owns an Xbox 360 should at least download the Braid trial version to see what I can hardly explain here. I believe this gem could end up as a sleeper XBLA hit, because it combines fun gameplay with an absolutely exquisite appearance—not going too far to one side or the other that it dilutes form over function, or vice versa.

Braid is certainly a tough one to try and describe. I had to turn it off because the backwards sound effects and music drove my girlfriend nuts :p Very interesting game though - certainly one of the few that rewards complex measured thought as opposed to reflexes.

If you like thinking at all, pick up Braid. If you like regular routine games where you're comfy doing the same things over and over, avoid it. You won't like it.

Yeah, it gets much tougher. The puzzles in World 6 are blowing my mind. :LOL:

It's nice that if you get stuck or start to get frustrating with a puzzle, you can just move on. Some people may not like the art, but I do and the music is fantastic. XBLA needs more titles like Braid.

Wax off - died at 98% again
treaty - died at 27 zones again
the end - not a chance
smile - ???

I've tried so hard and so many times.

Smile is finishing the last board with a smily face pattern. Look at the description - something like, 2, 3, etc. If you knock out all those blocks in that shape you'll see a smile.

Got through Worlds 2-4 with all pieces. Now my brain is fried on World 5 with 6/12 pieces obtained. Soooooooooo worth the 1200pts.

Braid is beyond words. This one small game will not only change the landscape of the platform genre, but all real time games IMO.

This along with Geo Wars 2... well let's just say that MS' push for Live Arcade excellence has produce fruit of the most excellent quality. :eek: They are two of the best games I have ever played.

Wow. I just finished Braid (my first run through, at least.... *cough*). Wow.

World 6's puzzles are indeed... incredible. I almost broke down and looked for an answer, but I eventually got it. SOOOO SATISFYING! :p

For both the story and the "other stuff" I missed, I'll have to play through a few more times I think. Heh. Best $15 I've spent in the last several months.

2 puzzles left. 1 in world 5 and 1 in world 6. The temptation to cheat is so damn high :(

edit: All done. Finally can sleep without puzzles in my dreams. The ending blows away the whole game. What a trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's hoping Braid doesn't become this year's Portal to the gaming press. 'The key is sparkly-green! ROFLOL'

Stellar input. Don't worry, there will be plenty of standard, straight to the point, games out this year to fill your needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back