• Mobile hardware strategy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Slim Revision hardware strategy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • This will be a nothing burger

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • *new* Xbox Games for Mobile Strategy

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • *new* Executive leadership changes (ie: named leaders moves/exits/retires)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a rumor about an halo remaster for ps5.
I don't know if it's a leak or a made up news, or even a probe news originated from Microsoft to check the public's reaction*, but what's interesting is that nobody dismissed it as an absurdity.
BTW, I've never understood halo's charme, and getting old I've moved far away from fast shooters. I just remember getting lost in under detailed small corridors, and being instakilled in multiplayer. After so many years, it's still relevant?

- Phil we have the response from the public!
- Aaaand?
- They don't care! We did it!
- Excellent. But they don't care about us going multiplatform, or they don't care anymore about anything that we do?
- I haven't asked...
- Don't worry, anyway is there that we are heading.
The original HALO is one of the best titles I ever played. But when I played Halo Infinite's campaign I was shocked by how backward it was. Its a great IP but stuck in around 2003. The multiplayer is fun actually but nothing next gen or something thats going to bing in new generation of players. Especially with all the modern FPS titles available today.

I agree as well the Halo remaster for PS5 is likely a controlled leak from the MS team to get people used to a multiplatform future for more Xbox titles.

The original HALO is one of the best titles I ever played. But when I played Halo Infinite's campaign I was shocked by how backward it was. Its a great IP but stuck in around 2003. The multiplayer is fun actually but nothing next gen or something thats going to bing in new generation of players. Especially with all the modern FPS titles available today.

I agree as well the Halo remaster for PS5 is likely a controlled leak from the MS team to get people used to a multiplatform future for more Xbox titles.

It's likely just Master chief edition coming to PS5.

Very few people want to sit on their couch and boot into windows even with big picture mode.

They want games optimized for console type gaming with a fool proof operating system and interface.
totally right. If they manage to create a hybrid handheld or the software for hardware companies to make one and make Windows as seamless as possible for users, that would be a triumph. Dunno if they are going to create another traditional console, it seems very likely, but even on an "pure" gaming PC like mine, where you must know the craft of certain things, pc gamepass is the closest thing to having an Xbox, despite its flaws.

When I play a game on PC Gamepass I feel like I am playing on my old Xbox --I had 3 Xbox consoles (OG XB, X360, XB1) during 10 years -from 2005 to 2015-.

PC gamepass has seamless gamepad detection...., I have all my old Xbox Live friends there, the achievements work like on the console and it's fully integrated on the OS. Also capturing a frame or recording a video is easy. Dunno about using the mic to talk with friends since I never tried, but I think it works fine.

For someone who don't want to deal with Windows stuff even if Windows is running under everything, MS have a long way to go though. So many things to list here, but even the PC gamepass app can get messy with windows popping-up to confirm it's you or to tell you the game is going to be associated to your account, etc etc.

Windows shenanigans is just another story, too. But when you are playing a game on pc gamepass, if you were a Xbox user, you feel at home. If it were for me I'd use PC gamepass much more than Steam, but I have more games on Steam, and Steam can't loose to anything, it's really good at what it does. (my only woes with it can be fixed, except one, but I talked about those in the Steam thread)

hope that the forward compatibility also means that whether you have a console or a hybrid handheld, they can make ALL Windows games -even modern free software, games and stuff you can get everywhere- work on some kind of Windows VM or whatever, even having the option to have performance boosting of classic/legacy games 'cos this would increase the value of any hardware like a million orders of magnitude.

You can have a console, or a hybrid that works as expected with new performance certified games, but sometimes people just want to play older games, emulators and so on, and having that option right of the bat would be an excellent addition.

This is the second important departure this year:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/5/24122208/microsoft-xbox-kareem-choudhry-leaving-xbox-cloud-gaming

Xbox executive Kareem Choudhry is leaving Microsoft after more than 26 years at the company. Windows Central reports that Choudhry’s last day is today, and his departure has triggered a shake-up of some teams inside Xbox. Choudhry’s departure comes just six months after a big shake-up of Xbox leadership and amid continued changes to Microsoft’s gaming strategy.
Choudhry had been focusing on Microsoft’s AI plans for Xbox in recent months, which include a new Xbox AI chatbot that The Verge exclusively revealed earlier this week. Choudhry was also key to Xbox’s backward compatibility support and helped bring Xbox Cloud Gaming to life as xCloud in 2019.
Microsoft is now moving Choudhry’s former team, Xbox Emerging Tech, to the Xbox hardware side that’s headed by Roanne Sones. A new Xbox Experiences and Platforms team has been created, with Ashley McKissick and Kevin Gammill leading what’s reportedly a push to improve the Xbox experience across Windows and Xbox consoles.
Microsoft is also working on next-gen Xbox hardware, with gaming chief Phil Spencer continuing to tease the potential for an Xbox handheld in a recent interview with Polygon. Spencer also hinted that Xbox could eventually get PC stores like Epic Games Store and Itch.io, signaling that Microsoft is still considering further big changes to its overall Xbox strategy.

Additionally, Major Nelson has joined Unity.

Last edited:
Back