xbox 360 specs (unofficial, but believable)

Before the poster got his thread deleted, he posted something else saying Silver members could play *any* weekend, but not during the weekdays. He also mentioned something about the way players would be matched with one another, but I don't remember and I didn't copy and paste his secondary post.

The way I read is, you get to play online on weekends for free with Silver. Monday - Friday you don't get to play online, you need the Gold Package for that.

This is much more reasonable than how the original Live worked.

xbdestroya said:
I was following this thing this morning also - the actual thread on TeamXBox has been deleted. Now, frankly I feel like that almost ups the credibility, since Cesar of TeamXBox is under NDA and has access to additional info not privy the regular press.

I guess we'll either know soon enough... or we won't. :p
The thread was deleted by the thread author because Krevco was being a major jerk. It has nothing to do with the staff.

He he. You can get billed in micro transactions whenever on Silver, but don't get to play any games!

I think Silver is online content and part-time, limited edition gaming. Not every game will be available over the weekend to Silver subscribers. Mostly it's for updating games and buying content and not for online gaming though. If you want to play other people, you really want the Gold option.

'Free XBox Live! Weekends' could be some weekends, or all weekends.

Well, more info. Firstly a concurrent thread has begun on TeamXBox that has been allowed to stay, seems there's been some confusion among editors and mods, I don't know. The sense there is that some guy named 'BlimBlim' confirmed stuff and he's a 'real' insider who has garnered some trust in the past.

Now, I don't know about people who claim to be insiders, but then again, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt when said 'insiders' also enjoy the popular backign of people who have scrutinized their posts in the past.

So take it for what it's worth, but in my mind the liklihood of these specs being accurate just went from 49% believable to 51% believable.

Of course, the usual salt containers should be kept on hand. ;)

EDIT: Gotcha Inane - thanks for the clear-up. Yeah, that Krevco guy can be an idiot sometimes.

therealskywolf said:
Anyway guys, are those specs like......Good enough for next gen? Do they this years high end pcs or something like that?

They are good, but I dont see a huge leap that I think most people are looking for when they think of "next gen". Very far from that 1 teraflop rumor.

gurgi said:
The way I read is, you get to play online on weekends for free with Silver. Monday - Friday you don't get to play online, you need the Gold Package for that.

This is much more reasonable than how the original Live worked.

It will turn on many new people to online gaming that are unsure about it. Once they take the plunge on a weeked and get a taste of Perfect Dark, Project Gotham, Ghost Recon, or Rainbow 6 online they'll be hooked. Well not everyone, but many will.

Jaws said:
Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

No FPU in addition to VMX? If so,

1 core ~ 8 Flops per cycle
3 cores ~ 24 Flops per cycle

@ 3.2 GHz, tri-core ~ 24 * 3.2 GHz ~ 76.8 GFlops

Would they mention the FPU in the released specs, or just take it as given?

Also, version, can you walk us through the Cell 40bn dot product calculation? Or tell us what version of the chip you're basing that off (8-SPE chip at 4Ghz?)? Thanks :)

barnak said:
They are good, but I dont see a huge leap that I think most people are looking for when they think of "next gen". Very far from that 1 teraflop rumor.

You can be sure they'll still claim that, might magic something out of their dot product figures. The GPU alone can account for most of that though (GPU figures are very fuzzy, NVidia was claiming 1Tflop for the NV40 - initially at least - so..).

jvd said:
The gpu clock speed , edram amount , hardrive size and bandwidth from main ram is wrong

Now you sound like a GAF member. ;)

Anyway, I think you're right at least with the harddrive size that was to see on one of the leaked pics as 40GB.

Fredi

Brimstone said:
It will turn on many new people to online gaming that are unsure about it. Once they take the plunge on a weeked and get a taste of Perfect Dark, Project Gotham, Ghost Recon, or Rainbow 6 online they'll be hooked. Well not everyone, but many will.

Yeah I think that's MS' plans exactly. And frankly, it's a pretty good plan! I could see last generations massive losses going to a pretty profitable business within the course of a year of 360's launch.

Unlike being a gaf member , i'm not going to say a ghz gpu in the specs .

I'm looking more at a 600mhz gpu , bandwidth shy of 50gb thinking around 44ish and a 40 gig hardrive .

Unless the 20 gig hardrive is from the 300$ box and they give a 60gig or more from the 400$ box

jvd said:
The gpu clock speed , edram amount , hardrive size and bandwidth from main ram is wrong

In what way? Their worse or better? I've heard the edram ammount would be bigger and the hardrive at least 40gb. The gpu clock speed also sounds kinda low, arent last year gpus already around that?

therealskywolf said:
jvd said:

In what way? Their worse or better? I've heard the edram ammount would be bigger and the hardrive at least 40gb. The gpu clock speed also sounds kinda low, arent last year gpus already around that?

A GPU in a console is going to be clocked lower than a PC card..(heat, box size etc.)

Does jvd "know" stuff, or is this your speculation?

Back