Xbox 360 Sales Data

Xbox360 seems pretty dead in Japan. DoA4 should've spurred sales alot more than this, I'm sure anyone can agree to that. But a "killer" application could spark interest, but I think nothing short of FF+DQ exclusivity is going to help now.
Ouch for MS if BD/LO/NNN bomb hard. Even for a big company losing >$50M (development + marketing) is no small matter. Hopefully NNN captures some attention, BD solidifies it into sales, and LO is a massive hit.

mckmas8808 said:
Oh and Scooby isn't? Point being MS's big reason to launch early was to get this huge lead. But if sales keep looking so so bad in Japan, then Japan alone could erase half this gap in the first year.

You are aware that sales have picked up dramatically in Japan since the release of DOA4, with some stores being completely sold out, right?

And retailers are expecting even more sales when Project Gotham Racing 3 and Enchant Arm (First JRPG) releases there, right?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/hardware/xbox_out_east_week_16

Powderkeg said:
You are aware that sales have picked up dramatically in Japan since the release of DOA4, with some stores being completely sold out, right?

And retailers are expecting even more sales when Project Gotham Racing 3 and Enchant Arm (First JRPG) releases there, right?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/hardware/xbox_out_east_week_16

Your right the sales went from 5,000+ units to 10,000+ units. So your right sales have picked up.

Nicked said:
Xbox360 seems pretty dead in Japan. DoA4 should've spurred sales alot more than this,

DOA4 wasn't out at launch. It wasn't released until just last week.

The Japanese launch lineup was horrible, but MS has some good games lined up for them coming out soon. DOA4 just released, PGR3 will be their first decent racer (Ridge Racer is the only racing game out there, and it sucks) Enchant Arm will be the first major exclusive JRPG released for the 360, both released next week.

That's 3 really solid titles for the Japanese market releasing in a 3 week period, starting last week.

mckmas8808 said:
Your right the sales went from 5,000+ units to 10,000+ units. So your right sales have picked up.

And you're a juvinile fanchild.

Unless you've got a link to backup that load of bullshit you just posted. You wouldn't have one, would you? Didn't think so.

Powderkeg said:
DOA4 wasn't out at launch. It wasn't released until just last week.

The Japanese launch lineup was horrible, but MS has some good games lined up for them coming out soon. DOA4 just released, PGR3 will be their first decent racer (Ridge Racer is the only racing game out there, and it sucks) Enchant Arm will be the first major exclusive JRPG released for the 360, both released next week.

That's 3 really solid titles for the Japanese market releasing in a 3 week period, starting last week.
DoA4 was released slightly more than a week ago. Typically game sales for the first week are ~60% of the total sales it'll achieve in its lifetime, +-. I think this won't be the case for DoA4 on virtue of the fact there are next-to-no Xbox360 owners, but it is still not a great achievement.

Ridge Racer has been getting good reviews and is a game they will care about a hell of a lot more than PGR, and Enchant Arm got pretty mixed reviews and isn't really "major" (first major RPG will be BD, IMO).

I don't doubt sales can pick up, but I don't think its the mostly likely scenario of all.

Powderkeg said:
Unless you've got a link to backup that load of bullshit you just posted. You wouldn't have one, would you? Didn't think so.
Uh, your OXM link: "while just 5,674 units from this grand total were sold in the third week" and the respected Sinobi blog whose numbers we are currently discussing.

And while we are discussing it, you do realize that at 10,000 units per week, in a year the 360 would sell twice as many units as the Gamecube sold in Japan last year, right?

Nicked said:
DoA4 was released slightly more than a week ago. Typically game sales for the first week are ~60% of the total sales it'll achieve in its lifetime, +-. I think this won't be the case for DoA4 on virtue of the fact there are next-to-no Xbox360 owners, but it is still not a great achievement.
Or based on the fact that it's a launch title and should have longer legs than a typical game...

.Sis

Powderkeg said:
And while we are discussing it, you do realize that at 10,000 units per week, in a year the 360 would sell twice as many units as the Gamecube sold in Japan last year, right?
I would be suprised if they maintained 5-10,000 units a week, though.

The next few months will be interesting for Xbox 360 sales and should give us an indication of how they'll do long term.

.Sis

Powderkeg said:
And you realize that is just 2 days of sales, right?

Week ending December 30th, DOA4 didn't go on sale until the 29th. You did this math, right?
Week ending Dec 30? How did you reach that conclusion?

Powderkeg said:
The GC is a dying format :| That wouldn't be impressive at all, but likely sales will continue falling (Mistwalker games, popularity pending).

Actually it would be impressive, but only so far as the original Xbox and current X360 sales are so underwhelming.

I think the 'glass is half full' view here is that software DOES matter for the 360 and people will buy it if the software is good. I dont think Sony is calling in the cavalry just yet but its good to see that the titles that were expected to sell consoles are actually selling them. However, you cant expect epople to run out and drop $350 on a console with ONE game they like, no one in NA would do it, it will take more games and more time.

12/26-01/01

DS 390,181
PSP 110,741
PS2 78,646
GBASP 15,998
GC 12,579
Xbox360 12,300
GBM 11,234
GBA 447
Xbox 121

Funny the GC outsold it, eh Powderkeg? Hard to imagine it doubling GC sales with a performance like this. 4 days of DoA4 I think (28th launch Japan, 29th U.S?). DoA4 was 13th on the software chart, 10th had sales of 61k, so DoA4 was probably anywhere from 55k to 40k.

DS domination (and its sold out) is whats hot this week.

mckmas8808 said:
Because I purchased both on them. I like stuff I purchase to do good so I can get further support with that product.

Problem?

Nope...just curious as to why someone who has accused others of being "fans" of certain products is so open about being a fan of Sony Products. ;)

mckmas8808 said:
Because I purchased both on them. I like stuff I purchase to do good so I can get further support with that product.

Problem?
Not on a fan forum, no.

.Sis

Back