Xbox 360 Sales Data

http://www.internet-nexus.com/2005/12/xbox-360-sales-data.htm

www.internet-nexus.com said:
Here are the Xbox 360 sales stats from a November report released by The NPD Group:

- 325,902 Xbox 360s were sold in the United States in November.

- 556,221 Xboxs were sold in the United States in the same number of days following launch.

- The best selling Xbox 360 title, Call of Duty 2, sold 250,730 copies; it was the 3rd best selling console title in November.

- The worst selling Xbox 360 title is Ridge Racer 6 with just 9,091 copies sold.

- Perfect Dark Zero was the best selling first-party title and number three on the Xbox 360 sales chart.

- The worst selling first party title was Kameo: Elements of Power, with 73,801 copies sold. However, Kameo was number 8 on the Xbox 360 sales chart.

- Total number of Xbox 360 game titles sold: 1,273,352.

- Total number of original Xbox game titles sold: 1,334,930.

- Total amount of money made by Xbox game titles: $72,072,729.

- Average number of games sold per Xbox 360 console: 3.9.

- Average number of accessories sold per Xbox 360 console: 3.

- Percentage of wireless controllers sold per Xbox 360 consoles sold: 98%

Also, the top 10 selling Xbox 360 titles are:

1. Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
2. Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)
3. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
4. Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Edition (Microsoft Games)
5. Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA)
6. Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Games)
7. Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft Games)
8. Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Games)
9. Quake 4 (Activision)
10. NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts)

It looks like COD2 is the killer app this time round. And its interesting that 2 of the more graphically impressive games (not to mention 360 exclusive) Kameo and PGR3 are not really huge hitters.

Kameo is probably going to be labeled a flop now considering its performance vs how much time/money was spend in development.

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:
You have to give the games a couple more months before calling them flops.

True enough, especially when there are only so few consoles in the consumer's hands. :LOL:

Why are you acting like 360 software sales are a flop? As I understand it had a stellar tie ratio.

And there should be a second 3-400K hardware shipment in people's hands any day now. They'll have 1.5 million worldwide by Christmas I think.

Does PD0 combined top the best 3 titles? If not, it's a bit surprising for me that Microsoft games couldn't surpass ports.

Bill: I was agreeing... I thought it was funny that one should think the games are a flop just because there weren't that many sold when it probably had to do something with the number of consoles out there.

Are these numbers just for the US? If so then its really not that bad at all, I mean, that title to console ratio is pretty damn good, also the accessories number is good.

Not really that bad at all, I think they should have done a reigon by reigon release from a money standpoint, I think it would have gotten them also an image of having a lot more consoles made, but this is still pretty impressive for a world wide launch.

as you can see that CoD 2 is a FPS and is the best selling title for the xbox360, this really suggest the demographic who bought the xbox 360 are mainly FPS fan.

hey69 said:
if you have 10 average games, you take the less average of them all...

CoD2 is great by the way and Condemned is even better, Kameo, PDZ and King Kong are above good games too, so basically you don't know what you are talking about...

I think it will be interesting to see how well DOA4 sells, since by the time it ships, the "2nd shipment" of 360s will have been sold as well.

The xbox360 seems to have a lot more demand going for it than the xbox did. I believe that if enough xbox360's were available at launch, it would have by far eclipsed the xbox. Though this time around it was a rushed launch, they did execute it well considering their accelerated timeframe.

So we add another 500k [total guess based on anecdotal evidence] for NA this month? That seems reasonable given the yield issues and worldwide demand. Which would be a solid-but-unspectacular launch, but I think demand will last after January well.

pakotlar said:
The xbox360 seems to have a lot more demand going for it than the xbox did. I believe that if enough xbox360's were available at launch, it would have by far eclipsed the xbox. Though this time around it was a rushed launch, they did execute it well considering their accelerated timeframe.
We shall never know, but it would have been a difficult task, Xbox had a fantastic launch. Maybe though.

Microsoft is going to end up making a profit thanks to the peripheral sales.

Average of 3 peripherals per console, with almost one overpriced wireless controller per system. What do you think that controller costs to make? $10? $5? and it's $50 in the store.

And how many of those other peripherals were hard drives for core systems? Those have to be pulling in an easy $50 of profit each.

Once the manufacturing costs of the system drops a bit MS is going to make a killing on overall hardware sales.

cho said:
IMHO , that is a bad sales number for xbox 360.
I would agree with you if there were lets say 300,000 360s still sitting on Store shelves collecting dust but that isn't the case...

Back