XBox 360 Price Cut/60GB model*

No, because the 20GB is being phased out.

BTW, I'm (fairly) certain there'll still be a across the board price cut guys, it'll just come later this year now.
I would speculate the same. Maybe mid Dec $299 60GB, $420 Elite.

If not, then probably March 09 right before the beginning of their last fiscal quarter.

Really interested in the 60GB unit if it is a" low power less noise wont break version" that has been rumoured..

I wouldnt be surprised if it is prices equal to the Wii in denmark.

Really interested in the 60GB unit if it is a" low power less noise wont break version" that has been rumoured..

They would have to do some sound padding of the 12x drive to curb the major sound source. The fans aren't the major noise contributor.

I would speculate the same. Maybe mid Dec $299 60GB, $420 Elite.

If not, then probably March 09 right before the beginning of their last fiscal quarter.

Your proposition doesn't make the Elite too attractive... No way that the price difference would be that high, unless the Elite gets lot's of extras.

I think the Elite already got less attractive. the 20GB was just tight on storage, with that rectified, now that the pro comes with a perfectly acceptable amount of storage, how many people really are going to feel a big difference between 60 and 120 GB? And that's basically the only thing setting the Elite apart, is it worth $100?

Perhaps the alleged coming blu ray Elite is an attempt to rectify this problem.

I think the Elite already got less attractive. the 20GB was just tight on storage, with that rectified, now that the pro comes with a perfectly acceptable amount of storage, how many people really are going to feel a big difference between 60 and 120 GB? And that's basically the only thing setting the Elite apart, is it worth $100?

Perhaps the alleged coming blu ray Elite is an attempt to rectify this problem.

I think you're right that it might be less attractive, but I'm not entirely sure it's as bad as you think. The Elite has been out longer than a year and has garnered somewhat of an elitist reputation. It's the best of the best, as far as the 360 goes. It's not just about the extra large drive or the mislead belief that it's quieter or less prone to the RROD, but the color is as big a factor as any of those other features. Some around here may not think think it's a big deal, but it is with a lot of non-tech people I know. It's a much wanted feature and I myself would pay a premium for it too. Is the different color(including all the accessories), bigger drive, HDMI cable, audio dongle and free migration cable worth the extra $100? I figure it is to a lot of folks, but I agree that less now with the 60gb coming. Personally I think Microsoft will make a few adjustments this holiday to the Elite SKU contents or the price, but probably not both. I've also decided that Microsoft will never release a Blu-ray SKU. Anybody who thinks they will, then I've got some beach front property here in Oklahoma to sell you. ;)

Tommy McClain

Yeah.

What he said.

I can't believe people are still holding their breath for a blu-ray equipped 360. And the Elite not only comes with double the storage space of the new premium, it also comes with all the additional cables and it's black.

You have no idea how many times I sit on my couch and look at my entertainment center thrilled to the gills that my 360 is black and blends in beautifully. It looks just like another piece of high-end AV equipment. It doesn't look like some toy sticking out like a sore thumb.

You have no idea how many times I sit on my couch and look at my entertainment center thrilled to the gills that my 360 is black and blends in beautifully. It looks just like another piece of high-end AV equipment. It doesn't look like some toy sticking out like a sore thumb.

Agreed, the biggest reason I bought an Elite was for the color, white is an eye sore. Though I wish it didn't have that "black primer, someone forgot the last coat of paint" look. ;)

Agreed, the biggest reason I bought an Elite was ...:

mine was because of the 5.1 audio dongle and the added HDD space and the HGMI cable- yea I know I can get one for $10 on monoprice but still it adds up.

easily worth the $100 not to hack the cable or hassle

Don't forget that you have to take away space for formating and cache . On the 20 gig thats 8 gigs I believe that you loose between the two giving you only 12 gigs of space. The 60 gig should give you around 50 gigs of space and the 120 should be around 110 gigs of space. Some people are going to need that space. I know a few people that are over 50 gigs already.

Yeah.

What he said.

I can't believe people are still holding their breath for a blu-ray equipped 360. And the Elite not only comes with double the storage space of the new premium, it also comes with all the additional cables and it's black.

Oh believe me, black is the main reason I want an Elite. I just am operating off the assumption that most people dont care that much. It's sort of lame to ask for extra money for a color..

As for the Blu Ray 360, I dont believe it's coming, but it was a common rumor with digitimes saying several times that MS had sourced Blu Ray drives out of the far east earlier in the year. These things take time and a Blu Ray 360 wouldn't show up before Fall obviously, so I'm not sure why you'd think it's decided one way or another in July anyway. Nobody expected it before..September.

I keep up on 360 rumors more than most people. I was talking about the 60GB before others, etc.

Don't forget that you have to take away space for formating and cache . On the 20 gig thats 8 gigs I believe that you loose between the two giving you only 12 gigs of space. The 60 gig should give you around 50 gigs of space and the 120 should be around 110 gigs of space. Some people are going to need that space. I know a few people that are over 50 gigs already.

I'm pretty sure you can free up more than 15GB on a 360. I don't know the exact number you can get free, but its quite a bit more than 12GB. I remember mine had ~13GB free and it had a titanic HD video and some other crap and hexic on it.

BTW

According to 1up pod cast .

60 gig hardrive with a 15 foot ethernet cable and 3 months of xbox live is $100 and the 120 gig hardrive has droped to $150 .

At least the prices are getting some what better. They really should just sell the 120 gig drive at $100 and forget the 60 gig

That 60 gig harddrive package is clearly aimed as an upgrade path for Arcade/Core owners. I think it's a fantastic plan. Sell the console as cheaply as possible ($199 by holiday please!), with a $100 upgrade path to full functionality.

I like my black elite, but I wish it was white though, because all accessories they release are white except for batteries or charge kit. It is only reason I am not buying the wheel and wireless adaptor, I don't mind their prices.

Well I am not going to complain here, but I am just saying they aren't doing something that would favour everyone. I want a choice as a consumer.

I would hope by this holiday their 3 SKU's would be at $249 (Arcade), $299 (60GB Pro), and $349(120GB Elite). That's provided Sony doesn't drop their core pack under $399 otherwise I think they need to be even lower.

Your proposition doesn't make the Elite too attractive... No way that the price difference would be that high, unless the Elite gets lot's of extras.
The elite isn't designed for mainstream or value buyers really. I can see them upping the GB on the elite to 200 though down the line.

Back