Xbox 360 gets keyboard controller

Will it? I'm wondering how acceptable the actual texting will be. I can understand using the extra keys for control purposes above a standard controller (say, "F" brings up inventory or something), but how about the whole practice of using games like WOW as a virtual chat room? How will that type of thing fare?.

While it wont be as quick as having a full fledged keyboard, i'm pretty sure you can type fast enough with it. And having the comfort of not having to switch from keyboard to gamepad and vice versa every time you have to chat, will be worth the trade-off IMO.

The lack of a k+m option on the X360 was the only reason i could never see myself buying a MMO on the X360, mostly because, i don't see switching from gamepad to keyboard every time you have to type something as convenient.

With that add-on you dont have to do it, thus, better IMO. A even better solution would be full voice chat in MMO games ofc, but i just dont see how that would work.

I like it!!.. i think it looks good. And after gettin used to it, i doubt it will much of a problem gettin used to the small keys. I mean, i see it as a bit bigger than a Blackberry keyboard, and people dont really have an issue with that.. plus we are gamers.. we will get used to it

The ABXY buttons on a DS Lite looks way smaller than these so I don't think ergonomics will be much pof a problem.

Besides the human thumb is a fairly precise instrument. Anyone with a modicum of motor skills shouild be able to type on it. (Says the person with the worst typing skills on the forum :cool:)

Pretty much all that worries me is what price MS is figuring they can gouge their market for ewith this devide..
Peace.

Back