cod 2 pc version with xbox 360 controller

jvd

Banned
Hey guys . I've been playing this game with both keyboard / mouse and xbox 360 usb controller .

The controller is great. Its a little more akward as you have to use two analog sticks for movement and aiming but the game is just as enjoyable and i can actually pick off bad guys using the rifles quite easly .

I think this is going to be one of the big games for the xbox 360 . The battles are extremely intense and the demo doesn't do the game justice

I just got done installing it :)

I was sold after playing the demo. Can't believe it comes on 6 CD's :eek: That's pretty huge for a game with no FMV.

How did you set it up to use a joystick? The PC version doesn't support controller..

Game is awesome btw. It will probably be the hit for Xbox 360 launch since most console gamers probably haven't seen anything like this before. It's pretty far ahead of your average console game. At least the ones I've played lately.

Wait... ... it's already out? Isn't that kinda a bad move for MS? I would imagine it'd be better to release it for PC and 360 on the same day, that way you don't lose any of the "I can't wait anymore" gamers to the PC.

seismologist said:
How did you set it up to use a joystick? The PC version doesn't support controller..

Game is awesome btw. It will probably be the hit for Xbox 360 launch since most console gamers probably haven't seen anything like this before. It's pretty far ahead of your average console game. At least the ones I've played lately.

the software with the controller lets u map buttons . Not all games work with it though. There was a post in the forums at www.gamecopyworld.com with how to make it work .

Wait... ... it's already out? Isn't that kinda a bad move for MS? I would imagine it'd be better to release it for PC and 360 on the same day, that way you don't lose any of the "I can't wait anymore" gamers to the PC.
Its not an ms game . Anyway the game gets nasty at some points and u need a highend rig to play it .

seismologist said:
I just got done installing it :)

I was sold after playing the demo. Can't believe it comes on 6 CD's :eek: That's pretty huge for a game with no FMV.

who was claiming DVD9's are enough for nextgen consoles .. :p

hey69 said:
who was claiming DVD9's are enough for nextgen consoles .. :p

eh? 6 cds is 6x700mb.... so 4200mb in total

way below the capacity of DVD9.

unless that's the whole point of your sticky outy tongue chappy, in which case nevermind!

nevermind ... you are right, i was mixing up dvd5 with dvd9

but then again, MS said 7.5gig or somehting like that would be used on dvd9 .
eeh, nevermind, my fault . I blame monday morning for that

seismologist said:
This game will fit on 1 DVD but it's not even a next gen game! It's a current gen PC game.

And when do PCs get their "next gen" do you think? PC graphics are likely already better on very high-end systems than consoles. A silly arguement.

PARANOiA said:
And when do PCs get their "next gen" do you think? PC graphics are likely already better on very high-end systems than consoles. A silly arguement.

Yeah a really silly argument, lets not have it again ;)

I think of Unreal engine 3 as next gen for PC's.

In any case this game is awesome. It'll be a sure hit with Xbox fans. It plays alot like Halo but I think it's much more immersive.

This fall is just a great time for games in general. I hardly ever buy any new games and there's already like 5 new games that I'm thinking of getting.

My next game will probably be Brothers in Arms 2 and I still can't even find Shadow of the Collosus.

seismologist said:
This game will fit on 1 DVD but it's not even a next gen game! It's a current gen PC game.
It's Elder Scrolls.

In 2001 Elder Scrolls launched on XBOX1, it set the bar for a huge expansive worlds, hundreds of hours of gameplay, and it's disc size 3.1GB remained above average for the 4 years to follow.

If last gen was any indication, Morrowind will hold up throughout this generation as one of the largest most expansive games on the console. And the majority of games, even 4 years later, will be~70-80% of the size.

Last edited by a moderator:
NucNavST3 said:
I seem to keep adding titles to my preorder list for the 360 launch. The more I hear about this one the more I am inclined to give it a whirl. That would put my current bought and paid for list at 6 or maybe 7 can't remember. For me this launch is greater than all prior launches, I can't ever remember buying more than two games (if that) on launch day. Of course, maybe I can afford more now. Either way, I am ecstatic.

I wonder what the average attach rate will be for the 360. The Xbox had the highest attach rate, I think, from way back and possibly still.

jvd said:
the software with the controller lets u map buttons . Not all games work with it though. There was a post in the forums at www.gamecopyworld.com with how to make it work .

What software with the controller lets you map buttons? I got one best I can tell the driver CD only has drivers for standard windows joystick functionality, no custom button maping at all. I take it the forum you are reffering to is at www.fileforums.com as that is the only forum I found though your link, but I am at a loss to find the thread you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
No that isn't the forum . RUn a search for cod 2 and it will have the forum in the search results .

And the software is a hack using old sidewinder software to make it work .

Are you talking about the search option on the side that does a Google powered search? I ran that and got a few hits but no forum threads or anything relevant to hacked sidewinder software. Any chance you could provide a more direct link? I'm really intereted in getting some more functionality out of my 360 controller.

scooby_dooby said:
It's Elder Scrolls.

In 2001 Elder Scrolls launched on XBOX1, it set the bar for a huge expansive worlds, hundreds of hours of gameplay, and it's disc size 3.1GB remained above average for the 4 years to follow.

If last gen was any indication, Morrowind will hold up throughout this generation as one of the largest most expansive games on the console. And the majority of games, even 4 years later, will be~70-80% of the size.

Huh? I remember running the full XBOX morrowind from a CDRW (although that was way too slow at loading to be playable...). It was around 600MB. Probably grew with the expansion packs though. Unless it was some kind of CD-rip but I don't think anything was missing...

Back