Xbox 2 to sport wireless controllers as standard

MechanizedDeath said:
If they make a wireless controller that's rechargeable, they can go all out with a 900MHz or Bluetooth transmitter. And I seriously doubt there'll be any loss in precision at such high frequencies. No game samples inputs at that rate.
Don't confuse the carrier frequency with the data transmission rate across the wireless link; the two are quite unrelated. As an example, both ethernet wifi and bluetooth reside in the same frequency range, but whereas one gives 100+ mbits transmission rate, the other gives (considerably) less than 100 kilobits...

engadget said:
Our same reliable source who delivered the goods for us a few weeks back with the inside dirt that the name for the next Xbox is indeed the Xbox 360 has just hit us up with a couple of other nibblets: One, that the Xbox 360 is definitely going to come with wireless controllers; and two, that it’s going to have an optional hard drive that attaches to the top of Xbox 360 “in a really slick way, almost like the hood scoop on a muscle car.â€￾ Better still, “You’ll be able to add the hard drive afterwards without having to take the box apart if you didn’t buy the hard drive version of the Xbox 360.â€￾ Yeah, that means there are going to be (at least) two versions of the Xbox 360 available when it goes on sale, one with a hard drive, and one without.
...I have a bad feeling about this... I mean the exterior design of xbox360, with the "hood scoop hard drive".
But maybe it'll be just a compartment that comes up from top of the xbox360, but when closed the top will be level. I hope that's the case, I don't think I'd like a device that has some hump on top.
But I think xbox360 will look something like Nintendo 64 with silicon implants :LOL:

I think it will look good. I don't this MS is stupid enough to release another ugly console (I love my xbox but it aint pretty). I was gonna say that design usually plays a big role in a consoles success, but maybe I have different tastes than most people. Cause this gen I'd have to say the GC is the best looking aestheitcally... and it still came in 3rd place(argueably). I also thought the dreamcast was a very excellent design. So maybe design doesnt mean that much to the average consumer. (or I have bad taste) I think MS also wanted to axe the hard drive not just for cost but to keep the design small.

I think the hd "hood scoop" will be just a connection for the hd device on top of the xbox360. A little like the cartridge slot on top of a N64.
If the HD device will have media playing capabilities other than just music, then it will have a screen on it.
The HD device with screen would dock on top of xbox360, and at the same time it could act as a mini screen for xbox, showing setup and source info etc. maybe even video.
That would at least be more stylish than some old VCR type "door" on top that ejects when you want to inset the hd device.

Back