Xbitlabs bench 6800 & X800 with HL2 and Stalker

jvd said:
radar1200gs said:
nelg said:
radar1200gs said:
You are telling us Valve isn't 5 million dollars richer thanks to ATi?
And you are suggesting that ATI didn't boost their sales with that 5 million dollar promotion?
Oh yes, I'm sure their sales increased, but did ATi or Valve defraud those same customers by not delivering what they promised when they bought their card?

Sure they'll eventually get their game, but their hardware won't be newest or best suited to running it anymore.

what you mean like the doom 3 benchmarks showing the nv3x cards beating the r3x0 cards ?
No, not at all. Neither nVidia nor ID ever made any promises about Doom3 appearing during NV3x's lifetime and they certainly didn't promise a copy of the game to everyone who bought certain cards.

Having said that when nVidia did decide to bundle a game (Call Of Duty) with certain cards, it really was bundled (cd not IOU) and really did outperform the competition.

No, not at all. Neither nVidia nor ID ever made any promises about Doom3 appearing during NV3x's lifetime and they certainly didn't promise a copy of the game to everyone who bought certain cards.

Having said that when nVidia did decide to bundle a game (Call Of Duty) with certain cards, it really was bundled (cd not IOU) and really did outperform the competition.

Well if you want to go that route ati never claimed it would be out during the r360 life time . Only that when it does come out u will get it free. Thus the voucher .

No one has been lied to me. When it comes out i will recieve my free copy .

And yes i'm glad they found 1 game that they out performed the competition on .

Really man. You have no respect from me. All you have done is troll since you started posting here .

But let me give you a little advice . Don't think your shit don't smell , cause it smells just as bad as everyone elses .

I seem to recall a Half-Life2 release date (probably more than one), even a demo being readied, then of course they ever so were conveniently "hacked into".

You don't seem to cope well with losing jvd, perhaps a quiet lie down would be good?

radar1200gs said:
I seem to recall a Half-Life2 release date (probably more than one), even a demo being readied, then of course they ever so were conveniently "hacked into".

You don't seem to cope well with losing jvd, perhaps a quiet lie down would be good?

what you don't remember the release dates for doom 3 or how it would be out by the next e3

I haven't lost anything . I am not ati nor nvidia . All i gained were too good cards .

Now drivers and companys are other things .

But i do know there is no point in talking to you .

carmack said that he didnt want d3 to be one of those games that are shown at multiple e3s while in development (or something to that effect)...so i guess, at the time, he may have been anticipating a release within a year of the first viewing

radar1200gs said:
To the best of my knowledge, neither Id, nor Activision have ever officially announced any Doom3 release date.

well now really if u don't know for a fact then you shouldn't speak .

radar1200gs said:
I did a quick search before posting. If you can prove me wrong feel free to do so.
well i'd have to go to work and get packets and scan them and post them .

But i can tell ya that we got notices to keep top lvl shelf space open 3 times since 2003 . For the game all with a request from id for the room . We've only received 1 from half life .

Althornin said:
The general tone of your posts is quite clear.
Boost a certain IHv, and slyly jab at a different one.

And general tone of your posts is quite clear: stupid personal snipes.

The only sly jab here is Valve's lies and damn lies. ATI should sue them if their contract allows.

DemoCoder said:
Althornin said:
The general tone of your posts is quite clear.
Boost a certain IHv, and slyly jab at a different one.

And general tone of your posts is quite clear: stupid personal snipes.

The only sly jab here is Valve's lies and damn lies. ATI should sue them if their contract allows.
i have to agree ati should sue them . valve is in the wrong. Ati is not though. THey bought a bundle deal and got just as screwed as the customers that bought their cards .

YOu really can't blame ati on this .

Heathen said:
but did ATi or Valve defraud those same customers by not delivering what they promised when they bought their card?

Nope. Vouchers for the game are still perfectly valid.
Yes, but mostly enthusiasts bought the cards, and most of you admit to upgrading regularly. By the time you actually receive the game, chances are you will no longer own the card it was to be bundled with! I wouldn't mind betting you won't get a cd either, you'll probably have to make do with a copy downloaded from Steam.

I do agree with democoder though that this is more Valves fault than ATi's.

radar1200gs said:
Heathen said:
but did ATi or Valve defraud those same customers by not delivering what they promised when they bought their card?

Yes, but mostly enthusiasts bought the cards, and most of you admit to upgrading regularly. By the time you actually receive the game, chances are you will no longer own the card it was to be bundled with! I wouldn't mind betting you won't get a cd either, you'll probably have to make do with a copy downloaded from Steam.

yes but my uncle who bought a 9600xt will keep the card. He had upgraded from a geforce 2 gts .

He wont upgrade again till he can't run a game at the lowest settings .

We don't care that we have vouchers. As it is even if the game has been out for 6 months all of those that are going to buy the x800xt would still be upgrading .

so really no one is at all effected. They will just get a free game in 6 months instead of when they shoudld have

jvd said:

I don't. 100% of my anger is on Valve. I already had a R9700 before Hl2 was announced, so I had no reason to be mad at ATI, and I really don't care about those people with vouchers.

What I care about was being super hyped up at E3, told the game was imminently coming out, getting my blood oozing with excitement, told 7 days before the delay that it was still on time, and then to hear nothing but BS from Valve since September 30th.

Valve makes good games, I'll give them that. Or atleast, they made one great game. I've been waiting for TF2, but I even forgave them for that when I learned about the Source Engine, because hey, it made sense to rewrite it on a much better engine. But they've run out of excuses.

It would great they kept HL2 project a secret. It surprised everyone. They should have truly kept it secret until this summer or not announced a release date.

I play a Valve game hours every day: Counter-Strike on HL engine. I can't wait for CS2. I will still buy it when it comes out. But I feel I have a right to be pissed at Valve.

radar1200gs said:
Heathen said:

I got the voucher with my 9800XT. Funny thing, I got the XT from bestbuy a day before it was supposed to be on the shelfs. Some guy goofed up when I called in and said they had em in the back, and he'd hold it for me. When I got to the store the manager said they didn't have any, but I told him how his employee stated he was holding one for me. Regardless, I didn't by the XT for the voucher, I bought it to replace a 9800 Pro (256MB Ram == good), and I certainly don't care what video card I play HL2 on as long as it's still free for me with my voucher.

DemoCoder said:
jvd said:

I don't. 100% of my anger is on Valve. I already had a R9700 before Hl2 was announced, so I had no reason to be mad at ATI, and I really don't care about those people with vouchers.

What I care about was being super hyped up at E3, told the game was imminently coming out, getting my blood oozing with excitement, told 7 days before the delay that it was still on time, and then to hear nothing but BS from Valve since September 30th.

Valve makes good games, I'll give them that. Or atleast, they made one great game. I've been waiting for TF2, but I even forgave them for that when I learned about the Source Engine, because hey, it made sense to rewrite it on a much better engine. But they've run out of excuses.

It would great they kept HL2 project a secret. It surprised everyone. They should have truly kept it secret until this summer or not announced a release date.

I play a Valve game hours every day: Counter-Strike on HL engine. I can't wait for CS2. I will still buy it when it comes out. But I feel I have a right to be pissed at Valve.

now you know how i feel with yet another e3 coming and going soon and still i don't have doom 3 in my hands . ALong with having a perorder for it for over a year now .

HELLO! lets get this straight. a 9600pro is TWICE as fast as a Nv35 in PS2.0 in HL2. No matter what, anybody who bought a ATI card during the Fall and earlywinter got a voucher.{well all R3xx} and can get a $50 dollar game.
Magazine editors have PLAYED THE GAME. It will be presented at E3 {hello benchmark} with the X800s. DOOM3 is late! ya ya never a set date ...bla bla bal. Its late, but will show up this year too. So many trolls so many whiners. A good lot of ya are just a bunch of nitpicking nerds, and wont even buy the cards.."too much money".... "doesnt have what i want " OMFG!
Doesnt anybody notice? we have made it to 1600/1200 awesome IQ and very playable frames....and theres a BOTTELNECK!!!! im old, i played scrollers waybac in the IBM_AT days. this is just to cool now.

Back