Xbitlabs bench 6800 & X800 with HL2 and Stalker

"I certainly see no significance in benchmarking cards on unreleased alpha builds"

That is of course, unless they favor your favorite brand of card...

It kinda scares me, the amount of devotion people seem to express towards their favorite video card company.

regener8 said:
"I certainly see no significance in benchmarking cards on unreleased alpha builds"

It kinda scares me, the amount of devotion people seem to express towards their favorite video card company.

whichever way you float your boat - the benchies have to be taken with a large grain of salt.

wait for the real thing, stalker isnt even running dx9 is it, only has dx7/8 standard features in the alpha. pointless.

might as well re-bench quake 1. :rolleyes:

AlphaWolf said:
Do you think Gabe Newell is waiting in line at best buy to pick up an X800?
No, I'm sure he/they have had pre-release boards for a while. However, I would have hoped they would have been using them for development puproses, not benchmarking other companies unreleased games. So Gabe may be able to say the X800 is the best card for HL2, but for DX9 games in general? How?

regener8 said:

How the hell you make that into some kind of fan related comment I have no idea.

All the benches show is some seriously cpu limited benches with no AA/AF. Wow what a revelation.

Diplo said:
AlphaWolf said:
Do you think Gabe Newell is waiting in line at best buy to pick up an X800?
No, I'm sure he/they have had pre-release boards for a while. However, I would have hoped they would have been using them for development puproses, not benchmarking other companies unreleased games. So Gabe may be able to say the X800 is the best card for HL2, but for DX9 games in general? How?

Go back and read what I quoted of yours and my reply. That is what I was responding to, nothing else.

Note: Gabe Newell also plays games, he doesn't just code them. I expect he has a very good idea of dx9 performance in general, but I frankly don't recall a comment of his directly regarding X800.

<edit> 'Payola' does roll off the tongue much better than 'The Way It's Meant to be Played' or 'Get in the Game' doesn't it?

For the love of something . Ijust want to know what path the nv40 was running for half life 2 . Can no one answer this ???

dr3amz said:
funny, cos the nv30 beats the 9800 in some tests? :p
I believe you mean NV35 or NV38. . . :) The only time the NV30 did anything significant was with the fixed function pipeline or with shaders involving lots of FX12 precision instructions.

John Reynolds said:
DemoCoder said:
It's called Payola.

Jesus, don't rail against the f@nboys if you're going to act like one yourself. I cannot believe you wrote that. :(

I'm not pro-IHV, I'm anti-Valve. Can't you sense my anger with them as a trend? :) Newell says game will be finished by Summer. Hacker leak caused delay my ass! I think if ATI wasn't getting such good PR from Valve they would have sued them for fraud by now.

DemoCoder said:
I'm not pro-IHV, I'm anti-Valve. Can't you sense my anger with them as a trend? :) Newell says game will be finished by Summer. Hacker leak caused delay my ass! I think if ATI wasn't getting such good PR from Valve they would have sued them for fraud by now.
whatever.
The general tone of your posts is quite clear.
Boost a certain IHv, and slyly jab at a different one.

radar1200gs said:
You are telling us Valve isn't 5 million dollars richer thanks to ATi?
And you are suggesting that ATI didn't boost their sales with that 5 million dollar promotion?

nelg said:
radar1200gs said:
And you are suggesting that ATI didn't boost their sales with that 5 million dollar promotion?
Oh yes, I'm sure their sales increased, but did ATi or Valve defraud those same customers by not delivering what they promised when they bought their card?

Sure they'll eventually get their game, but their hardware won't be newest or best suited to running it anymore.

radar1200gs said:
nelg said:
radar1200gs said:
Oh yes, I'm sure their sales increased, but did ATi or Valve defraud those same customers by not delivering what they promised when they bought their card?

Sure they'll eventually get their game, but their hardware won't be newest or best suited to running it anymore.
oh god, get off this horse already

DemoCoder said:
Find a quote where Valve said the hack caused the delay and maybe you'll have a point. The hack causing (or contributing) to the delay was only speculation.
(Bold in quote added by me)

radar1200gs said:
nelg said:
radar1200gs said:

what you mean like the doom 3 benchmarks showing the nv3x cards beating the r3x0 cards ?

Diplo said:
dr3amz said:
probably not - early beta releases of the games don't really do much for anyone.
They certainly did a lot for ATI fans when the 9800 Pro was the clear winner, last round :)

I thought that was Valve who released those benches, not some hardware site using a very beta build of a game, beta drivers, and beta hardware. ?

radar1200gs said:
The fanboys really aren't fond of akward questions, are they?

Using the word 'fanboys' in every post doesnt make you look like any less of one. It does make you look like a troll though.

Back