WiiGeePeeYou (Hollywood) what IS it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chosen_colette said:
i see, could you provide a link to the golf pics everyones talking about? IGN dosnt have them =(

edit: nevermind, Teasy beat me to it, and those are probably okay to link to I would imagine.

looks Gamecube+ to me. plus magazine pictures always look extra-good, because of the natural anti-aliasing introduced, which does not show up in the actual game running on your television/monitor.

(but I hope Wii has good AA capabilities and that developers use it)

edit: thank you for the link to the video pc999 - I would say that's 100% realtime. no problem believing that is realtime gameplay / in-engines scenes. it looks Gamecube+ or Xbox1 level (or Xbox1+ at best). very nice. they can spend the polygons on the 1 (or 2) models that are on the screen at once, and have fairly simple (but nice) environments.

now I wish we could have a video of Pokemon Wii that is as clear as the Super Swing Golf Pangya video on gametrailers.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Megadrive1988

What makes that look GameCube+? I really think this term is so overused and often really inappropriate.

Nothing with a similar graphical style last gen even came anywhere close to the quality of graphics displayed there AFAICS. To be honest they look quite a bit better then Hot Shots Golf 5 (from the screens shown so far), which is a PS3 game..

I agree this is what make me think that it is more than GC, still it is interesting to see how diferent games look.

Teasy said:
Megadrive1988

What makes that look GameCube+?? I really think this term is so overused and often inappropriate. Nothing with a similar graphical style last gen even came anywhere close to the quality of graphics displayed there AFAICS. To be honest they look quite a bit better then Hot Shots Golf 5 (from the screens shown so far), which is a PS3 game..

ok, sorry for using that term. so I will say this, then: it looks BEYOND what the Gamecube has ever done. it looks very good. I didn't have anything really critical to say about it. I'll probably end up getting the game too. the lighting is nice.

pc999 said:
Yes the gameplay movies are from E3, but it would be a really big jump to do.

They arent pics but scans yet you do have here the trailer, the pics in the scans come from here.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2715

im not saying the elebits trailer is realtime, but whats to say that it COULDNT be realtime? at 480p a shader 3 card with 8 pipes could do that, ATI tech demos look better than that and run on cards like the X1600 do they not? And most of ATIs tech demos default to 1024 x 768 or maybe higher resolutions...

chosen_colette said:
the interview is real, and i havent been able to get in touch with fearsome yet hes been moving, and as of right now hes idle on AIM

I'd absolutely love to hear the interview, but I suppose I'll just have to settle for Fearsome hearing it and telling me its real :)

Teasy said:
I'd absolutely love to hear the interview, but I suppose I'll just have to settle for Fearsome hearing it and telling me its real :)

yes youll have to settle for that because if i sent it to anyone who wasnt a part of my "staff" i could be in big trouble as i already agreed to take the interview down (rather than go through the trouble of going back and forth for an eternity with ubi about taking it down)

however i can provide a piece from an email they sent me about the issue

"Given the circumstances, and the gravity of Jessica’s publication of Nintendo product details, and the attribution of these details to a respected producer, it would be in the best interests of your site for you to take quick action."

chosen_colette said:
im not saying the elebits trailer is realtime, but whats to say that it COULDNT be realtime? at 480p a shader 3 card with 8 pipes could do that, ATI tech demos look better than that and run on cards like the X1600 do they not? And most of ATIs tech demos default to 1024 x 768 or maybe higher resolutions...

what's to say it couldn't be realtime? the complexity and quality of the graphics.

so I disagree with you about an ATI SM3.0 card with 8 pipes doing that, even at a low resolution of 480p.

the only way it could be realtime is if it was running a highest-end ATI GPU (or GPUs)

this is well beyond the realm of what Hollywood is going to be doing, a GPU / LSI that is going into a $200~$250 console.

lets use some commen sense.

now, that is not to say that Konami could not take those pre-rendered visuals, and SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the complexity & quality down into a realtime engine that runs on Wii.

Megadrive1988 said:
what's to say it couldn't be realtime? the complexity and quality of the graphics.

so I disagree with you about an ATI SM3.0 card with 8 pipes doing that, even at a low resolution of 480p.

the only way it could be realtime is if it was running a highest-end ATI GPU (or GPUs)

this is well beyond the realm of what Hollywood is going to be doing, a GPU / LSI that is going into a $200~$250 console.

lets use some commen sense.

now, that is not to say that Konami could not take those pre-rendered visuals, and SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the complexity & quality down into a realtime engine that runs on Wii.

Very well, i am by no means an expert in graphics technology, so please dont take anything i say TOO seriously in regards to the technical side of things, i know some things and i am learning. Thanks for clearing that up :)

chosen_colette said:

I find it hard thee are some real smooth shadows and reflections that surpasse anything I saw in next gen and with high polys counts (eg~1:37+), I may be wrong anyway.

Plus what a card can do in demo/cutscene mode is usualy very diferent from what it can do in gameplay, althought I guess that there is a correspondence (the better the demo the better the gameplay).

"Given the circumstances, and the gravity of Jessica’s publication of Nintendo product details, and the attribution of these details to a respected producer, it would be in the best interests of your site for you to take quick action."

Interesting...

pc999 said:
I find it hard thee are some real smooth shadows and reflections that surpasse anything I saw in next gen and with high polys counts (eg~1:37+), I may be wrong anyway.

Plus what a card can do in demo/cutscene mode is usualy very diferent from what it can do in gameplay, althought I guess that there is a correspondence (the better the demo the better the gameplay).

I remember waaaaay back when when the Geforce 3 came out and i got my shiny new Ti500 the Zoltar demo they had, it was awesome :D

chosen_colette said:
Very well, i am by no means an expert in graphics technology, so please dont take anything i say TOO seriously in regards to the technical side of things, i know some things and i am learning. Thanks for clearing that up :)

i'm not an expert myself :) but i've kinda learned to tell what is realtime, what is pre-rendered, and what is likely to be possible in realtime on a given hardware platform.

Megadrive1988 said:
i'm not an expert myself :) but i've kinda learned to tell what is realtime, what is pre-rendered, and what is likely to be possible in realtime on a given hardware platform.

I see, i still find it interesting that the specs for the PC version of RE4 are as high as they are (256meg GPU for high detail mode, 128meg for minimum, and DX9.0 support for full effects)

Does that mean that RE4 used some effects that the Xbox wasnt capable of? Anyone have some input on this? im just curious about it (i can start a new thread in a relevant area if one can point me to that area)

Megadrive1988 said:
edit: thank you for the link to the video pc999 - I would say that's 100% realtime. no problem believing that is realtime gameplay / in-engines scenes. it looks Gamecube+ or Xbox1 level (or Xbox1+ at best). very nice. they can spend the polygons on the 1 (or 2) models that are on the screen at once, and have fairly simple (but nice) environments.

It looks at least XBox+ IMO.

Teasy said:
It looks at least XBox+ IMO.

Actually I am starting too agree with Megadrive given how Dead or Alive:Ultimate or DoA:Extremw Beach Volleybal looks.:???:

Still lighting/shadows still better.

pc999 said:
Actually I am starting too agree with Megadrive given how Dead or Alive:Ultimate or DoA:Extremw Beach Volleybal looks.:???:

Still lighting/shadows still better.

Neither of those games have self shadowing do they? DOA4 doesnt either... lol:LOL:

There's not even a shadow of doubt that Elebits is indeed CGI.

BTW, anyone else think that the Elebits look like fat Pikmin? :p

chosen_colette said:
Neither of those games have self shadowing do they? DOA4 doesnt either... lol:LOL:

Like I said, no?

Anyway besides that those look at the very least on par, more complex/full, with more fxs and more detailed, althought Pangya may look that because of art (IMO it does not need anything more given its manga style and golf gameplay).

BTW

The latest issue of EGM contains a couple very juicy rumors in their rumor section. Take these with a smaller grain of salt then usual…EGM does have an ear very close to the ground.

The biggest rumor from EGM’s rumor section is that many third party developers are ditching their PS3 projects in favor of the Wii. This change can most likely be attributed to a combination of a strong Wii showing at E3, and the high pricepoint of the PS3.

LucasArts is hearing the cries of Wii fans everywhere. A rumored Star Wars game is coming to the Wii (exclusive), and lightsaber battles will be the main focus of the title.

Once again, these are just rumors for now…but two rumors that I would love to come true.

http://gonintendo.com/

I also had the chance to see a full page EGM scan it still bad but they have one other pic that meybe is from 360/PS3 version althought from the scan they look on par and this one on par with CoD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back