WiiGeePeeYou (Hollywood) what IS it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ERP said:
If I said that it's being taken out of context.....

It can do some things that can't be trivially accomplished on NV2A, but most of them can't be usefully exploited, partly because of no vertex shaders to do useful setup and partly because of the limitations on the inputs to the TEV stages.

The TEV is a bit of a one trick pony, it's very good at indirect texturing.

Which would mean that IF Wii's GPU had Vertex Shaders and removed some limitations from the input to the TEV stage (which should not be the equivalent of designing a brand new GPU the size of R300 even) that they could extract quite of extra tricks even from a GCN-turbo if Wii were to be just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clarification ERP.

About CoD3 it is hard to say anything about it from those screens but it seems the smoke is much better than last gen it also seems more complex and more full (the trees, the quantitity of the smoke...).

pc999 said:

About CoD3 it is hard to say anything about it from those screens but it seems the smoke is much better than last gen it also seems more complex and more full (the trees, the quantitity of the smoke...).
yeah the smoke and some of the ligthing loos good, i think they are from the new EGM

Thunder Emperor said:

can't tell very much from those screens. looks very GCN-like, with maybe the exception being the smoke. would need to see it in motion. *hopefully* it indicates that Hollywood has a decent bump in fillrate, particle-effect processing and bandwidth.

the smoke in X360's COD2 was very impressive especially since it was running 60fps much of the time (if not all the time)

pc999 said:

Can't tell anything from those screenshots, but it looks like it could be a port of the PC's DX7 mode.

Fox5 said:
Can't tell anything from those screenshots, but it looks like it could be a port of the PC's DX7 mode.

I have been looking from some from the CoD2 XB and besides the smoke it seems it looks equal. Althought this ss can be very old (up 2 months or more, like in the case of RS ones).

Anyway this with self shadowing could look much better.

Megadrive1988 said:
the smoke in X360's COD2 was very impressive especially since it was running 60fps much of the time (if not all the time)
From my experience playing through the game, smoke was the main culpret in slaughtering its otherwise solid 60fps.

Mmmkay said:
From my experience playing through the game, smoke was the main culpret in slaughtering its otherwise solid 60fps.

ive got CoD2 for the PC and you are correct, the framerate takes a nosedive when you pop a handful of smoke 'nades in the same place...

Fox5 said:

You can't tell anything from those screenshots yet apparently you can tell that it looks DX7?....

Anyway to the real reason I posted, I just saw the new Pangya golf pics, very impressive.

chosen_colette said:
mind a link to the pics? also check out the elebits trailer and tell me what ya think http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11287&type=wmv

I just saw the Elebits trailer. after they get through the story with 2D artwork, the graphics are pre-rendered CG, so it means basicly nothing. Doesn't tell us a thing about Hollywood.

many segments of the pre-rendered graphics used in the Elebits trailer would be very hard, if not impossible, to achieve in realtime (gameplay or engine cut-scene) on the Xbox360 and PlayStation3, let alone the Wii.

pc999 said:
The gameplay movies are very diferent and this is very high qualitity I would be suprissed with this even on the 360.

the gameplay movies are from the E3 demo right? they even said they removed all the lighting and such from the E3 demo to make it easier on everyone or something to that nature, im not saying thats realtime, but is konami usually one to use CGI?

Megadrive1988 said:
I just saw the Elebits trailer. after they get through the story with 2D artwork, the graphics are pre-rendered CG, so it means basicly nothing. Doesn't tell us a thing about Hollywood.

i see, could you provide a link to the golf pics everyones talking about? IGN dosnt have them =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back