Why havent we heard from microsoft?

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
Not sure if this is in the right part of the forum, so excuse me for placing it here. :)

Why have we not heard from microsoft about how NV designed their graphics card. If Im not mistaken NV took alot of liberties from the dx9 specs (havent heard too much from ATIs side). So why hasnt microsoft taken a position. The whole point of DX was to have a standard set of specs to make it easy for programmers and hardware designers. So Im not sure if we have heard from MS on this whole fiasco. If this has been discussed please let me know.

later,

Unlikely we will ever hear from them on these matters. We all know how M$ and NV are like don't we? I doubt NV want their "designs" going around the internet for people to pick at their what they have done wrong/right/inefficient/etc...

When DX makes it easier for devs and hardware designers to do what they do will be when the planet Mars lands on the Moon, which is highly improbable.
With everyone in the entire industry wanting things done in their own way I doubt anything positive can come out of it.

Back