What kind of specs & features will be in the PS4/N6/XB3

What kind of grapics will you expect to see form PS4/Xbox 2?

• Toy-Stoy-like graphics?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within-like graphics?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As crazy as it sounds, successors to the next generation of consoles (if they're still called consoles) will probably be closer to what manufacturers had envisioned for the current generation. :|

Megadrive1988 said:
Anyway, to answer the question. I expect PS4/Xbox3/N6 to have in-game graphics on par with the very best videogame CGI's, such as Onimusha 3.
Theoretically yes, practically no. Meaning besides in some tech demos or very few AAA titles we will never see those kind of graphics in games.

I still have not clue to what to expect from the third generation of 3D graphics console.(PSX/Saturn/N64 being the first and the PS2/XBox/GC being he second) So I understand that is kind of difficult to predict anything beyond that point. :?

I look at the continuing graphic advances that PS2 is making (concidering that it is a 5 yr old tech that is is the least powerfull of the current generation of consoles) in games like Burnout 3 and I said to myself....WOW!

The 3rd Generation of 3D graphical Consoles (PS3/Xenon/Revolution) is bound to turn heads but not really turn the world on its head like the First Generation did with Mario 64. it Will mostly be the same as the Second Generation (PS2/XBox/GC) except for added shaders and more and improved poly count.)

So What I am trying to say is... (Sorry for the rambling) Is there going to be anyting "New Under The SUN" with the 4th Generation of consoles? (XBox3/PS4/N6).

Is there anything better that Polygons or any new king of Shader tecnology coming out of the woodworks? (Unified Shaders, Unified Global Lighting and Maybe Rendeman-like graphics)

I think it is too early to predict what next gen will achieve in terms of graphics, and don't forget that it will depend largly on developers, you will see likes of Konami, Capcom, Bungie, Tecmo, Namco, Naughty Dog, PD etc achieve a lot more than an average developer, and I do hope that Onimusha3 CGI level graphics might me achievable by these developers. Who knows?

Re: What kind of specs & features will be in the PS4/N6/

kenneth9265_3 said:
Yes I know the PS3/N6/XBox 2 is not out yet, nor are thier specs, :rolleyes: but In 2010/12 we should be seeing some Incredible features and graphics only Pixar can come up with. (it is only 6-8 years from now you know ;) )

I don't get it. How do we even know there's going to be a PS4 an Xbox 3 or an N6? :?

Just like past generations, the day PS3 comes out, Sony will hint "something" about the next generation. And they will be so happy about their new baby, they won't go down lightly with the "photorealistic" or "one mmmmmillion times more powerful!!!" claims...

Spidermate said:
kenneth9265_3 said:
Yes I know the PS3/N6/XBox 2 is not out yet, nor are thier specs, :rolleyes: but In 2010/12 we should be seeing some Incredible features and graphics only Pixar can come up with. (it is only 6-8 years from now you know ;) )

I don't get it. How do we even know there's going to be a PS4 an Xbox 3 or an N6? :?

I'd say it's a given that at least 2 of those will have successors to the next gen consoles. Whatever they'll be called.

london-boy said:
Spidermate said:
kenneth9265_3 said:

I'd say it's a given that at least 2 of those will have successors to the next gen consoles. Whatever they'll be called.

Maybe so, but what if it so happens to be false? :?

Spidermate said:

False? What? Does anyone around here think that at least 2 of those won't have consoles coimng out of their asses for years to come??? ;)

london-boy said:
Spidermate said:

False? What? Does anyone around here think that at least 2 of those won't have consoles coimng out of their asses for years to come??? ;)

Do you have any hard proof to prove me wrong? If not, then how can you justify your prediction?

Spidermate said:
london-boy said:
Spidermate said:

Do you have any hard proof to prove me wrong? If not, then how can you justify your prediction?

Easy matey, we're not talking Bush vs Kerry. All i'm saying is that the console market will still exist 15 years from now, and that it is most probably be populated with the same people. I'm sure Sony won't let go anytime soon, and i predict MS will hang in there, if only to "get into the livingroom".
The videogame market will also get much biger than it is now, and it's no prediction, it's fact.
Hey, i'm "predicting", and if i'm wrong, then it's cool. I just think it's safe to assume the above. :D

london-boy wrote:

Just like past generations, the day PS3 comes out, Sony will hint "something" about the next generation. And they will be so happy about their new baby, they won't go down lightly with the "photorealistic" or "one mmmmmillion times more powerful!!!" claims...

exactly mate.

actually, Sony started talking quite alot about Playstation3 even before Playstation2 hit Japan. in fall 1999, incredibly.

just 2 of many articles & postings: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/072/072836p1.html?fromint=1
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3828A2C2.A91D73C0@ameritech.net&output=gplain

I expect to see Sony mention at least something on their Playstation4 goals before the end of 2005.

Real-time gphx, always seem to improve more than one would think by just looking at h/w advances. I mean there are games that at times seem photo-real, and that's right now. I expect new developments on the s/w side of the equation will give us rough-photo-real by then.

Will the new partnership that Sony and nVidia have created be a long term thing even after the PS3? Can we see nVidia technology in the PS4?

kenneth9265_3 said:
Will the new partnership that Sony and nVidia have created be a long term thing even after the PS3? Can we see nVidia technology in the PS4?

I think it's a long term relationship, even if NVIDIA doesn't end up in PS4, which is all down to how well Sony thinks NVIDIA handle the PS3 job.
I really don't think Sony would tie themselves down with someone, some 7-8 years before they release something...

Xbox3/ps4 will be the products of joint ventures with pharmaceutics.
Games will have "FDA approved" Stamp . :devilish:

Graphics will be whatever your brain will be able to generate and keep stabilized :p

_phil_ said:
Xbox3/ps4 will be the products of joint ventures with pharmaceutics.
Games will have "FDA approved" Stamp . :devilish:

Graphics will be whatever your brain will be able to generate and keep stabilized :p

Will they get rid of unwanted hair?

Back