What kind of specs & features will be in the PS4/N6/XB3

What kind of grapics will you expect to see form PS4/Xbox 2?

• Toy-Stoy-like graphics?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within-like graphics?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes I know the PS3/N6/XBox 2 is not out yet, nor are thier specs, :rolleyes: but In 2010/12 we should be seeing some Incredible features and graphics only Pixar can come up with. (it is only 6-8 years from now you know ;) )

Re: What kind of specs & features will be in the PS4/XBo

kenneth9265_3 said:
Yes I know the PS3/XBox 2 is not out yet, nor are thier specs, :rolleyes: but In 2010/12 we should be seeing some Incredible features and graphics only Pixar can come up with. (it is only 6-8 years from now you know ;) )

mabye we will see graphics on par with the first toy story .. . just mabye .

Gee, and I thought speculation on just the NEXT generation can get a bit silly... ;)

PS4/Xbox3/N6 will bring "more stuff." Just what it is, we'll find out. We have years of growth to get through first--and most certainly not just from the technical sense.

The only reason I brought this up was all the talk of rendrman and the"Holy Grail" Toy Story-like graphics. I don't see the PS3/XBox 2 being able to do this, But I do think that "Generation after Next should be able to do this". Again I am not an expert or have any high tech schooling, I am just a gamer that want to stay on top of the gamming hardware front :D

kenneth9265_3 said:
The only reason I brought this up was all the talk of rendrman and the"Holy Grail" Toy Story-like graphics. I don't see the PS3/XBox 2 being able to do this, But I don think that "Generation after Next should be able to do this". Again I am not an expert or have any high tech schooling, I am just a gamer that want to stay on top of the gamming hardware front :D

Count 2 on that

With any luck quantum flux capacitors should be debuting around ~2008-2009, so it's quite likely we will be seeing these in the 2010-2012 console refresh.

Seriously - by 2010-2012 most expect 32nm to be widely available. Beyond that there's not a whole lot that can be said at this point.

Sony started talking about PS3 in fall 1999, before PS2 came out in Japan.

Sony will probably mention PS4 in 2005, before PS3 comes out.

It's not silly to talk about PS3/Xbox2/N5, but it is kinda silly to mention PS4/Xbox3/N6, but people are doing it anyway. like if Xbox2 does not do well enough, there wont BE an Xbox3. but I'll bet you Sony will have PS4 no matter what.

anyway, to answer the question. I expect PS4/Xbox3/N6 to have in-game graphics on par with the very best videogame CGI's, such as Onimusha 3.

as for the coming generation, PS3, Xbox2, N5, I expect in-game graphics on par with the very best PS1 CGI's, and close to that of the more modest CGI's on current consoles.

I don't expect film CGI such as FF:TSW, Finding Nemo, etc, to be rivaled by realtime graphics until late into the next decade (PS5, Xbox4, N7).
that is, the next-next-NEXT generation :LOL:

At some point hardware abstraction, open standards DRM and scalable engines will become so effective that architectures will become means to a cause, not exclusive distribution targets ... although probably not by next gen.

MfA said:
At some point hardware abstraction, open standards DRM and scalable engines will become so effective that architectures will become means to a cause, not exclusive distribution targets ... although probably not by next gen.

So you are saying that graphic power will soon be so powerfull and close together that hardware issue will be a thing in the past?

Megadrive1988 said:
Sony started talking about PS3 in fall 1999, before PS2 came out in Japan.

Sony will probably mention PS4 in 2005, before PS3 comes out.

It's not silly to talk about PS3/Xbox2/N5, but it is kinda silly to mention PS4/Xbox3/N6, but people are doing it anyway. like if Xbox2 does not do well enough, there wont BE an Xbox3. but I'll bet you Sony will have PS4 no matter what.

anyway, to answer the question. I expect PS4/Xbox3/N6 to have in-game graphics on par with the very best videogame CGI's, such as Onimusha 3.

as for the coming generation, PS3, Xbox2, N5, I expect in-game graphics on par with the very best PS1 CGI's, and close to that of the more modest CGI's on current consoles.

I don't expect film CGI such as FF:TSW, Finding Nemo, etc, to be rivaled by realtime graphics until late into the next decade (PS5, Xbox4, N7).
that is, the next-next-NEXT generation :LOL:

Can't we just say 3rd and 4th generation of 3D capable game consoles?

PlayStation/Saturn/N64 - First Generation
Dreamcast/PlayStation 2/GameCube/Xbox - Second Generation
PlayStation 3/Xbox 2/N5 - Third Generation
PS4/N6/XB3 - Fourth Generation

Who knows what specs "4th generation" systems will have, but considering 3rd generation systems are supposed to have 256MB-512MB of memory, 4th generation systems with 1GB or more seem almost certain.

I also expect they will be running off 1.21 gigawatts of power. :p ;)

Then we'll have to deal with all the friggin' time-travelling gamers pulling a real-life "Turok" in the Mesozoic Era... (Hey, maybe THAT'S how they went extict! :oops: :LOL: )

Well, call me a hopeless optimist, but I think that radical innovations in microprocessor technology will have emerged by the 2011 time frame. I fully expect to see Monsters Inc. quality visuals enabled by the consoles of the 4th generation. However, even though I think that the power will exist, I don't think that the means to utilize that power will be any where near as advanced. In other words, content creation tools and methods will be horribly inadequate to deal with such power. Creating any game worthy of appearing on such hardware will take tens of millions of dollars, hundreds of developers, and many years of time.

cthellis42 said:
Then we'll have to deal with all the friggin' time-travelling gamers pulling a real-life "Turok" in the Mesozoic Era... (Hey, maybe THAT'S how they went extict! :oops: :LOL: )

Heh, as long as I get my cranial bore-gun in real life while I'm running through the steaming jungles of the mesozoic era, I'll be happy. ;)

It has been a minute since this thread have running, so please forgive me for bring it up....

Have anybody heard any rumors or have any thoughts about the "Console Wars" of the future that is likely the start around 2010?

Will Renderman or Curve Surface graphics be done on a regular basis on consoles by then? (XBox 3/PS4/N6) Will we see Unified Shaders and True Unified Lighting in console? Will GPUs and CPUs ever be one?

I know I have a lot of questions and details of the Next Gen Console haven't even been officially announce yet, but I see the console like the XBox/Xenon, PS3 and the Revolution as just consoles that will not really bring anything new to table except for more of what we have and seen with the current generation.

with PS4, Xbox3 and N6, I would want to see in-game graphics on par with Onimushi 3 or there abouts. maybe. we certainly won't reach that level with Xbox2, Revolution and PS3.

the way I see it is, the PS3, Revolution and Xbox2 are going to be like the first rung or two, on the latter of CGI visuals. the PS4, Xbox3 and N6 will be the next few rungs on that latter.

this latter has quite a few rungs on it ;) realtime game-graphics should and will continue to improve for at least 3-4 more console cycles.

btw, I would suppose that PS4 will enter into development sometime next year.

Back