What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wouldn't start Dishonoured 2 straight after Nier. Go for Persona.
Any particular reasons?

Anyways, I tried playing GOW3 but it just lacked the hook, felt too pretentious. So, I went ahead and bought the Darksiders 1 &2 pack for $20 and boy oho boy I am enjoying DS1 a LOT ! Its simple yet .....engaging and fun ! Loving the puzzles, especially the portal ones in the Black Throne level ....Puzzles actually need my brains and aren't about following what the game tells you. I mean the portal ones, the ones before that were simple.
Feeling good with Darksiders, will go for DS2 after this considering I had played a few Dungeons of that back on the ps3 and PC both and really liked that.

I also almost bought Persona 5 last night. Lets see how long till its in my hands :p

Jesus. You just bought this thing and are already in the Black Throne? And yes, DS1 is one hell of a cool game. DS2 didn't quite do it for me, though. I hated the focus on loot. That said, I loved Death's voice (Michael Wincott can impregnate women with it or so I've heard). I also prefered his look. War is ridiculously over designed and looks a little silly to be honest.

Last edited:
Jesus. You just bought this thing and are already in the Black Throne? And yes, DS1 is one hell of a cool game. DS2 didn't quite do it for me, though. I hated the focus on loot. That said, I loved Death's voice (Michael Wincott can impregnate women with it or so I've heard). I also prefered his look. War is ridiculously over designed and looks a little silly to be honest.
Yeah, I have been playing it no stop :D !
as for DS2 I think I will like that more exactly because of the loot ! Character design wise I like War better. He looks majestic while Death looks like pretty ragtag, not quite how I would say the almighty Death would look like. I think the shirtless look makes him look a bit underwhelming, but yes that voice ! Also I liked the faster combat of Death back when I played it on the ps3. Also th eopen worldish nature of questing had me hooked. I am not liking GOW 3 exactly because it felt like a corridor of monsters after another corridor of monsters after another corridor. I will try and go back to GOW 3 after DS1 and 2 and see how it goes !

Finished Ds1 ! What a lovely game wish there was more to do after getting that awesome life stealing armour ! But alas, it just had ONE boss fight after that, and it was definitely easier than the earlier ones. But lovely game, no doubt and looks really good mostly thanks to the great art and upresed textures, lighting and gfx. Definitely recommended for any action/rpg/zelda fan ! Loved th epuzzles in the last dungeon :love: :D !

Started Ds2 just to see how it feels: oh boy its so jittery and 30 fpsish or lower :( ! Feels so jarring coming from DS1's silky framerate and come to think of it Death is so much faster than War and the framerate and jitteriness becomes so much more important than playing as War !
I hope it gets smoother later or I get used to it. I dont want to play it on my PC, although I have it there and runs at locked 60.
Going directly from ds1 to 2 lso makes you realise how different the games are. RPG systems, loot, levelling are thrown straight at you in DS2 changing the feel right from the start. Here I got that awesome arour in DS1 only atthe end of the game and here in DS2 I am equipping new armour in the first 15 minutes ! One can see the progression ...BUT the drop in framerate is pretty unexpected ! Why 30 when both these games ran at 30 on the ps3???

edit: Just noticed the strangest thing: DS1 is 40gb and DS2 is 14 gb ! and DS1 is 60fps while DS2 is 30fps !?! How does that add up ? and whats in that 40 gb anyways! :???:

Edit2: So played some DS2 and yea well it does look stellar a little more into the game. It does have the gfx to prove that 30fps but yea as of now it feels so less fluid than ds1 because of that.

Last edited:
DS1 is huge because all the cut-scenes are movies. And for the sake of this remaster, they recorded them at 1080p/60 too. DS2 is all real time. I'm assuming DS1 runs so much better because it's a much more recent port. DS2 Deathinitive Ed was basically a testing ground for the retooled engine.

Played a lot of Tekken 7 over the weekend. Feels good. Feels mostly like it always has, though. It also looks quite slick in motion. Still, visually it's a rather humble affair. I wouldn't be too surprised if Namco just reused the characters they've updated for Tekken6 (which was the last time the series had a big visual shift) and slapped new, extra-shiny shader work onto them. Quite frankly, there's a shocking amount of visible polygons during close ups. I also don't think T7's visual style that's sort of an in-between mix of realism and cartoons works particularly well. It sits rather uncomfortably between SFV's bold colors and expressive characters and Injustice's near-photorealism. On a regular PS4 it also looks rather muddy. I've played quite a few 900p games on the console, but in terms of iq, T7 seems way murkier than titles with similar resolutions such as Assassin's Creed Syndicate or Nier Automata.
Really, most UE4 offerings as of late make me wish that the guys at Rocksteady will simply continue using their own, heavily customized version of UE3 in future titles.

It's 864p I believe and 720 on Xbox. Native 1080p on Pro. Shame the PS4 version doesn't have the great motion blur of Tekken Tag 2 on PS3.

Replaying resident evil 7 , for the third time , along with a second play through of uncharted 4 (first play through of UC4 on my 4k tv). Finished horizon a few days ago. Next is probably mass effect andromeda, first playthrough, with mafia 3, darkdsiders warmastered edition and skyrim remaster waiting in the backlog. Add to that a ton of pc games for my new laptop (from just cause 3 and tekken 7 to older games like far cry3 and rage) and I am set until the next holiday season. This gives me the luxury to wait for price drops of some ps4 exclusives like wipeout , crash bandicoot and farpoint and save for a Scorpio (which will instantly provide me with a new backlog of Xbox one games I will replay in 4k).

man Darksiders 2 can really look like a next gen (ps4 gen) game in some areas where there are multiple lights around Death.

I have to say though I like the game the story does not have the same pull as DS1. There has been no revelations or any progress in the story ever since the game started. I am in the foundry now and I have no idea what Death is trying to do ....just that the dungeons are cool and puzzles are fun to solve.
DS1 sure had a tighter, motivating and a more coherent tone.

Update: God damn does this game look good :D ! except for some really pixellated shadows sometimes, which the pro has an option to make higher quality, the game just looks superb !!!!

Last edited:
DS2's story starts weak, then never picks up and eventually fizzles out completely. Then you're wondering whether the last act was maybe lost on the cutting room floor or not.

DS2's story starts weak, then never picks up and eventually fizzles out completely. Then you're wondering whether the last act was maybe lost on the cutting room floor or not.
oh ! so i can't really hope for it to pick up ... -_- Thats a bummer. I thought maybe after getting out of this world of makers it would make sense in relation to War.

Started playing Shadows of Mordor Goty-edition last week and I have now put about 17h into it. Enjoying it a lot. Took me a 2-3 hours to get into it, but the game is very solid all around. Doesn't look too bad at 4K on my PS4 Pro either, although it really makes the machine loud at times.

Did anyone played the DLCs on this? Are they any good?

I jumped back in to ESO, I was level 4.. I can't seem to stay with one game for more than a few days. Injustice 2 was fun, but I'm never going to be competitive. I'm better off sending in my AI.

So I jumped back into DRAGON age Inquisition and surprisingly am finding it a lot of fun now! i guess it's best played with breaks.
Also bought Andromeda for PC from the sale as I had already downloaded it there, its clearly an unfinished game, one can see that in all missions. The framework for the missions is there but the final polish is missing in them. You can see that this part was supposed to wow you , but they haven't really done it so it doesn't, this part was supposed to be fast and frenetic but it hasn't been done yet so it feels ok, etc etc. The missions have the Uncharted template but haven't been fine tuned yet. The elements arent in place.

DAI on the other hand feels like much better done game. In fact the details out in DAI are just staggering ! How did they get so much work done and still managed to make it look so dang good ! DAI puts Andromeda to shame.

Also anyone knows how to respec in andromeda ? cos I really messed up trying to try different powers.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Replaying Ori and the Blind Forest DE... greatly anticipating WotW!! It was my game of the show... such emotions and feels for the trailer. lol

Started some native 4k gaming on my pro , with darksiders and wipeout collection and yep native 4k looks much crisper than checkerboarded 4k . Wipeout looks fantastic, esp. wipeout 2048 . Always thought that it had the best looking stages of any wipeout game being brought down by psvita's shitty resolution and playing it on a 55" 4k screen, it looks glorious. Not only that but it actually looks like a sega arcade racer with its colorful and crazy looking stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back