What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the exact opposite. Heck, if it was up to me I would have made this into an anime and not a game. That thing was just so damn frustrating to play.

I'm currently playing The Wait for Dragon's Crown. Also playing Man-child hovering over the Purchase Button for Soul Sacrifice with his Index Finger.

Now that I'm done with Metal Gear Rising (100% after 62hrs) I'll probably start The Last Of Us tonight, besides that I'm still playing Dark Arisen, Hotline Miami (trying to get A+ on every level) and Forza Horizon and I'm having a lot of fun with all three games.

Next games on my "to play" list are Catherine and State of Decay, still undecided on which will be my next game after TLoU though. :p

I can't decide with Catherine. I keep meaning to finish it but I probably never will. I generally am willing to do one level at a time. The nonsense between levels is the most fun, but it does take for ever. And failing at the missions can be really frustrating if you run out of continues. If you forget to save you may wind up on the morning news. It's that frustrating. But take apiece, the concept and the gameplay can be pretty good. Another ps3 game that -- not to pick on the ps3 but -- would be better without load times.

Still have to return to The Last of Us, but didn't feel like it tonight. I triggered some missing Plus games, but didn't immediately wanted to play any of them. Instead, I took out Sports Champions 2. I had barely played any bowling in Cup mode so played that inyo Silver, where it mmediately gets challenging and more realistic. Then went back to boxing and had some great fun there, even though I forgot how to dodge left and right. Boxed for 45 minutes and worked up a great sweat, but didn't lose a fight (got close in the first match though - my blocking sucked and I wasn't efficient with my hits).

Reminds me that these kinds of motion control games are still high among my favorite experiences in this gen, really great stuff (though I still feel Move Fitness has more precise tracking)

Thanks to a friend I have a PSn account with :

Saints Row 3
Doom3 BFG edition
Dead Space 2
Bioshock 2
The Walking Dead : All 5 episodes
Rayman 3 HD
Dead Rising 2
Limbo
LBP2
Silent Hill (PS1)
and a few more smaller I games.

Also, I just bought Darksiders 2 finally ! So, I am spoilt with choice for my next game after I finish ACIT :p !

Please, any suggestions on what I should download next would be most welcome :) ! I love Doom3 on my PC, with sikkmod it rocks beyond imagination, but I heard the BFG edition has Doom1 and 2 also, so I am tempted. Also, is Dead Rising 2 any good? Then there's Dead Space 2 I haven't played yet and Darksiders 2 is just calling my name ! :p

Should I bother downloading SR3? I liked SR2 for its fun but heard SR3 lacks quite th epunch or am I wrong?

Saints Row 3
Doom3 BFG edition
Dead Space 2
Bioshock 2
Rayman 3 HD
Dead Rising 2
Limbo
LBP2
Silent Hill (PS1)

Also, I just bought Darksiders 2 finally ! So, I am spoilt with choice for my next game after I finish ACIT :p !

Please, any suggestions on what I should download next would be most welcome :) ! I love Doom3 on my PC, with sikkmod it rocks beyond imagination, but I heard the BFG edition has Doom1 and 2 also, so I am tempted. Also, is Dead Rising 2 any good? Then there's Dead Space 2 I haven't played yet and Darksiders 2 is just calling my name ! :p

Should I bother downloading SR3? I liked SR2 for its fun but heard SR3 lacks quite th epunch or am I wrong?

Imo, Darksiders 2 is brutally good...I highly recommend it. Also 15h+ game.

Saints Row 3
Doom3 BFG edition
Dead Space 2
Bioshock 2
Rayman 3 HD
Dead Rising 2
Limbo
LBP2
Silent Hill (PS1)

Dead Space 2 is an amazing game but I thought that Darksiders 2 was a mediocre game at best, I loved the first game but the sequel was so disappointing IMO.

The game technically is an unpolished mess, the world is bigger than the first game but it's so bland, the pacing is all over the place and the loot did more bad than good on the game...the only thing that did better than DS1 was the combat system which was definitely an improvement.

Hm, I think Darksiders 2 is indeed one of the best games out there and substantially improved nearly all aspects compared to Darksiders 1, which was already a good game.

Different tastes I guess.

Managed to Download SR3 and Dead Rising 2. Played Saint Row 3 for an hour, I guess, and had much much more fun than all the 10 or so hours I spent in GTA4 ! Don't understand why GTA takes itself so seriously and denies us all the fun that can be had in an open city. R* has again mentioned that though missions will be exciting fro the start in GTA 5(a page from SR3's book) but you still won't be allowed to do crazy things in the world. It will still be grounded !

BTW, I tried creating a fairytale villian kindof character in SR3, the only thing missing is that I wanted to make him very very thin, but SR doesn't let me do that. He is too muscular to be that sweet evil guy :p !

I'm such a Kairosoft junky... I've spent all week playing "Sushi Spinnery" on the ipad. Somehow seems to be lacking the balancing of Cafeteria Nipponica, but at he same time lets you be a good bit more expressive, with hundreds (thousands?) of possible sushi combinations and a wide open restaurant to fill as you choose.

More on track around here, maybe, though was Might and Magic "Clash of Heroes" for ipad. It was really fantastic; alllmost too easy (but brutal for an ipad game), but lots of clever puzzles and occasionally brilliant AI, and just enough detail to keep you intrigued for the full 25-hour campaign. My one complaint would be that the music, like a lot of iOS games, could really use some more variation over a 25-hr game. It's just a pity since the music was relatively good, but short.

Playing Darksiders 2 right now and boy, is this game good :D ! I mean, wow ! They added loot and an open world with a horse from the start ! It gives that Skyrim feel riding on the horse, swiping scythes at enemies and smashing into them with my Despair(the horse) !Optional Dungeons and loot keeps dropping , I think I might not really need that Diablo 3 or Skyrim for some time !

Playing Darksiders 2 right now and boy, is this game good :D ! I mean, wow ! They added loot and an open world with a horse from the start ! It gives that Skyrim feel riding on the horse, swiping scythes at enemies and smashing into them with my Despair(the horse) !Optional Dungeons and loot keeps dropping , I think I might not really need that Diablo 3 or Skyrim for some time !

I told you so :))

Fantastic game!! DLC is cool as well...

I told you so :))

Fantastic game!! DLC is cool as well...

Yeah ! I mean this is such a step up from the first one which was just an action game. This is something else !

My character is all decked up in new enchanted clothing and I have an enchanted Scythe to which I fed all my other equipment to level it up. Now it does fire damage while my secondary weapon does frost damage slowing enemies down ! I had never thoght I would get so invested in it so quickly :D !

But the game got tough pretty quickly ! I m already out of all health potions and gold ! Have nothing on me now, frankly, I don't know how I will continue from here. I am too vulnerable and have no more health potions or money to by health potions. Those reptilian buggers at The Fjorn(? I am not sure) pack a lot of punch !

Is there any easy place to farm some gold , weapons and XP?

The best Dungeons I have ever been to !!!!! The best !!!

Hope these guys continue to work their wonders under Crytek , I will be the first to buy their games :cool: !

NCAA 14... Dirt3...assassins Creed BH... Dragons Dogma coming this week ($11 free shipping from MS store) and getting GTA5 next month

Should easily get me through until Xbox One. :)

I am skipping GTA5, instead getting Skyrim and Diablo 3. Although it started on a very good note, I Got so bored in gta4 that I couldn't finish it and then I found Saints Row 2 and 3 which offer fun straightaway. Anyways, such games are just minor distractions between the actual games for me :D !

Absolutely loving Darksiders 2 right now. Frankly, I request every gamer out there to play this onece. Such a game should have sold in multi trillions ! It is an explorer's paradise , a looter's paradise, a truse Dungeon Hunter game ! I can't believe this game isn't the new best selling IP. This is a true game, gameplay distilled to its best parts. And level design/dungeon design is so damn beautiful :p ! I really would like to go and congratulate the level designer personally ! People have different skills and this one needs to be appreciated, propagated and fostered. Hope he/she gets lotsa more work and we get to see more games with such fantastic dungeons !

Sounds like DS2 is a much better game than the first one. Which I didn't like that much. But it looks like its getting hard to find now that THQ has gone.

Sounds like DS2 is a much better game than the first one. Which I didn't like that much. But it looks like its getting hard to find now that THQ has gone.

Yes, much better. First one was just an action game, this one has a lot more interesting stuff going on , thanx to loot , weapons, upgradeable weapons, skills, the ability to go back to town and get supplies in the middle of a dungeon and come back where u left, feeding ur possessed weapons to upgrade them, fab dungeon design,etc etc. By the way, its only for $10 on the PSN and just 7.5gb. No reason to not buy it.

Superfrog on Vita tells me we should have way more platformers like these. Level design isn't great though imho, but the Vita screen is the first screen I've used that beats the good old CRT in every way. I look forward to Rayman Legends even more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back