What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been Battlefield 2ing it up with my brother. I hate the rank and unlocking system. But oh well one has to do what one has to do....

That reminds me, I'm honestly shocked that another BF2 patch is going to be released. I hated that game, I put a few hundred hours to it and I hated every minute of it. Sigh, that's what I get for following the same group around to various games.

Just finished Dead Space
and i thought it was bloody brilliant
mouse lag sucked but apart from that a great game imho if a bit samey and slow paced

OpenArena. Mainly because it's free and it since it's built on the Quake 3 source code will run like lightning on any machine. So my friends with their MacBook's (oh the names I call them) can actually play with me.

Which reminds me; I really wish id would open up Quake Live more. I'd actually be willing to pay a small fee just to be able to play it. But alas, been signed up for a invite forever and nothing yet. Let alone enough to hand out to people I want to play with.

OpenArena. Mainly because it's free and it since it's built on the Quake 3 source code will run like lightning on any machine. So my friends with their MacBook's (oh the names I call them) can actually play with me.

Which reminds me; I really wish id would open up Quake Live more. I'd actually be willing to pay a small fee just to be able to play it. But alas, been signed up for a invite forever and nothing yet. Let alone enough to hand out to people I want to play with.

Check out Padman, it too runs like lightning and the graphics are beautiful and funny. You can play against bot's if you start a server, load up bot's of both colors, and join one of the teams. Kludgey method but only way I found to start playing.

The AI seems good, lol I got my ass kicked, if the games inherent silliness is to your liking you'll love the gaming (I think).

Botsupport

The World of Padman features full bot support for all game types! All you off-line gamers out there will be happy to play Spray your Colour, Big Balloon and Last Pad Standing with bots. The bots play very well, and most maps have been optimised for good bot play. It is pure fun to see the blue nosed people frag each other in SyC and BB.

http://padworld.myexp.de/index.php?media

Gives you an idea of the graphics.

http://padworld.myexp.de/index.php?news Home page.

http://padworld.myexp.de/index.php?startlang=de In German

Supports Linux and Mac.

Edit: Windows too, that's what I'm using (Vista).

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to play Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir but the camera/controls is driving me insane!

I'm enjoying the new Prince of Persia despite the fact that it's one of the easiest games I've ever played. I find the visuals very appealing and I've always had a weakness for platformers.

Looks like Storm of Zehir is up next!

The new PoP is also DRM free, not even a disc check on launching the game. Which means it stands a chance at a 3+ star rating at Amazon.

Yea, I swear they've made the camera worse with each expansion.
Indeed- I dont remember the cam being that bad in the OC and first expansion, it's utterly unusable unless you want to play it like an RTS. Having to click the mouse to turn is retarded.

Indeed- I dont remember the cam being that bad in the OC and first expansion, it's utterly unusable unless you want to play it like an RTS. Having to click the mouse to turn is retarded.
Hmm. That's disappointing. Have you verified that there isn't an option to choose a different camera?

I know that personally, I had a hard time with the camera for the first expansion for a while (I haven't gotten this expansion yet). But after I used it for a while I rather started to like it. Well, if it truly is bad, I think we can expect a patch to fix it before long.

Finished stonekeep after failing to when it first came out (thanks GoG). Using video of dressed up live actors for the baddies and characters was awesome.

Also playing spellforce 2, and have been pleasantly surprised by the way they did the mixing of rpg and rts.

If anybodies played them, is Spellforce 1 worth playing if you started with the second?

Not sure about the second but the first Spellforce was great fun, though you could cheat like mad by not activating towns and just going around with your hero. Made it a lot easier.

I've been playing Overlord (on PC), purchased for 10 bucks on a steam "sale weekend". It is a FANTASTIC game, imo. I love the whimsical approach to fantasy stuff and the visuals are very well done (great colors, art, etc). The 3rd person pseudo RTS mechanic is a lot of fun.

I'm also REALLY enjoying Sacred (I played the demo when it first came out but haven't ever liked the Diablo-type RPG games or RTS to pay full price). I was reminded of Sacred when I tried the Sacred 2 demo, which is fantastic. I asked for Sacred 2 for xmas along with Fallout 3 so hopefully I'm playing them next year. The problem with RPG's is that I always want to do EVERYTHING and that leads to EXTREME time suckage. I'm way over-leveled in sacred and should move on with the MQ 'cause the world is just too big to do 'everything" with the small amount of time I have to game these days.

I think taking about 4 years off from gaming allowed my cynicism about FPS games to dissipate(although UT2k*, UT2, and many games in general from ca. 2003 to 2006 were struggling with identity/innovation crises. . .i think a lot of that was the graphics capability outrunning innovation, leading to it being impossible for a game like overlord to be made with "acceptable" graphics because you just couldn't push enough data to have the AI when the graphics and physics are all ready bringing machines to their knees). For example, I LOVED HL 2 and liked Q3 but the (e.g.) "aw crap the wall caved in, go back get a box to crawl up to the rafters and crouch down the ducts"-type of recycled, overly-simplistic puzzles are not "new" to someone that has played almost every AAA fps since wolf3d.exe.

I played Jericho and Bioshock this fall and both were breaths of fresh air for me and I'm willing to give AAA fps a shot again. However, no Far Cry or Crysis for me, the demos were VERY "meh". I've never liked "realistic" shooters. . .I want to run 40mph with a rocket launcher!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back