What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gears of War for the PC. Everything cranked up. Looks pretty damn good except for that glow on the characters all the time. Looks at times like everything is over exposed on the characters. The artwork is pretty sweet and I can see why it was a huge hit for the Xbox users. I am still hoping GoW2 comes out for the PC and I dont see what people are saying about the controls sucking. They are just fine and quite intuitive really on the keyboard mouse combo.

replaying doom3
i have a question :
The is a part where you are faced with a choice send the distress signal or not - does it matter

replaying doom3
i have a question :
The is a part where you are faced with a choice send the distress signal or not - does it matter
Q: What happens if I cancel or submit the transmission to earth in the
Communications Tower?
A: If you cancel it, the sergeant will be mad, plus Betruger will submit the
transmission in the Recycling Sector 2 anyway.
If you submit it, the sergeant will be happy, and Betruger won't have to
submit it himself to create a living hell ;p

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/469881/31621

Not to derail this topic but for those who have played GoW on the PC what did yall think about the graphics? I thought it was stunning tbh. And also I thought the artwork was awesome and the game overall did a very good job hiding the fact that it was a corridor type shooter.

Anyone know how to do the roadie run in Gears of War for the PC? I did it kind of by accident and I thought it was pretty cool lol but I forgot how I did it...is it just pressing shift?!

Not sure what buttton off hand as being a lefty I always move my controls over to the other side of the keyboard, but it is the same button you use for dodge and cover, just hold it to run.

And yeah, artisicly Gears is great, and I dig the gameplay as well, played tons of multiplayer on the 360. The PC port is rough though, I'm currently stuck near the begining chapter 2 because I need Dom to roadie run though the darkness with me to a door but he is won't follow so I can't get past that part. Restarted the chapter a few times but always get the same thing. I think it got borked in a patch, as I recall playing though it back when the PC version first came out.

Not sure what buttton off hand as being a lefty I always move my controls over to the other side of the keyboard, but it is the same button you use for dodge and cover, just hold it to run.

And yeah, artisicly Gears is great, and I dig the gameplay as well, played tons of multiplayer on the 360. The PC port is rough though, I'm currently stuck near the begining chapter 2 because I need Dom to roadie run though the darkness with me to a door but he is won't follow so I can't get past that part. Restarted the chapter a few times but always get the same thing. I think it got borked in a patch, as I recall playing though it back when the PC version first came out.

Hmm thanks so its maybe holding the space bar down? Because thats what makes my character go into the cover position...

I have noticed that the characters dont always follow you but if you get to the new checkpoint, right before it they appear magically behind you. And playing this game at 2560 x 1600 and max settings is a visual treat :) Some cutscenes though it gets quite choppy.

Time to get Clear Sky :D !
Playing Crysis and Far Cry 2!

1.5.05 was a big step, and now 1.5.06 has really streamlined things even more. DX10.1, more stable, etc. I really like some of the stone textures in stalker. And it really does feel more open than FC2 much of the time. I still wish that you could sleep, however.

I'm trying to finish up Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 before R2 and GoW2 both come out and man is it frustrating at times! Baddies have amazing vision and come in droves late in this title and my team has a collective IQ of about 60.

I'm trying to finish up Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 before R2 and GoW2 both come out and man is it frustrating at times! Baddies have amazing vision and come in droves late in this title and my team has a collective IQ of about 60.

Are you playing on the Xbox? I ordered Vegas 2 and Bioshock recently for like 19.99 each and I cant wait to play them :) after I beat Gears of War.

i went to the eurogamer expo and saw a lot of nice graphics (of which i respect the amount of hard work that went into them) but not a lot else...
got bored, glanced at a couple of cute girls, went to rough trade, went to the pub, eventually came home, fired up THIS
felt cleansed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you playing on the Xbox? I ordered Vegas 2 and Bioshock recently for like 19.99 each and I cant wait to play them :) after I beat Gears of War.

I'm playing the PS3 version (basically identical) and I like it other than the absurd number of dumbass baddies. It's hard to play "no cover system" FPSs after Gears and games like R6. I'm about to order Bioshock for the 360 too since it's so much cheaper, but I have a feeling R2 and GoW2 are going to take me over very soon...

Are you finishing Gears1? Great game! Halo 3 was better than I expected too but lacked the adrenaline of Gears.

what!! you cant find cover for yourself ?

I mean the cover, quickly poke around the corner or over the short wall to shoot and then cover again. Traditional FPSs have you back off an object to use it for cover which is *not* remotely realistic to real firefights where people take cover and shoot from around corners. I think the first Soldier of Fortune was the first game I saw this ability in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back