What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crack you're using won't allow you to see the maps.

There is another you can find what will allow you to see it.

Best thing to do though is to buy the game, then you won't have any issues.

US
Or he could get a proper crack ;)

Btw mass effect was good, despite it being on rails(choices dont matter... at all), the story really interested me, cant wait for the expansion or whatever- damn cliffhanger.

Or he could get a proper crack ;)

Btw mass effect was good, despite it being on rails(choices dont matter... at all), the story really interested me, cant wait for the expansion or whatever- damn cliffhanger.
Mass Effect is supposed to be a trilogy. And it's supposed to be completed within this console generation.

King's Bounty - The Legend. Amazingly addictive HoMM clone <g>. Damn game has kept me up after midnight every work night this week.

Playing Mass Effect, really athmospheric and entertaining. I also frequently visit the club for some "booty shakin".

I'll I will say is that if you're getting that kind of lap time aruond the ring, the game needs lots of work on realism, including physics, though I don't know if that's a racing sim or not.

ps Go Forza 2!!!!
If it still uses the same engine as the last game, the physics are pretty good(thought it makes extensive use of lookup tabes- BOOOO) but low speed tire grip wayyy to low and it doesnt simulate as much as the car as Live for speed does, for example. trannsmission noise in the game it purely related to speed while in LFS it actually depends on the speed of the tranny(and it's realllly cooll to be going like 70MPH for example, put it in reverse, slowly release the clutch while giving it gas and listening to the tranny noise and btw- how about proper clutch support SIMBIN?). Little things like that LFS totally owns all over sims, besides Richard Burns Rally, which althought released in 2004 is the best raceing simulator of all time, as it simulates EVERYTHING, doesnt just use lookup tables- it calculates the air entering the intake for example to get the HP readout and simulates a turbo so it can calcuate the HP if it breaks or is partially broken.

Forza 2 is by far the best console sim I have played, althought I havent played the latest gran turiso games but form what I hear they aren't even in the same league. Now if only Forza 2 had a cockpit, supported the Driving Force Pro (it's USB... come on.. write a driver for the 360 PLZZZZZZZ) and didnt have the anti-cheating thing where if you go off course it ads time- that would be fine for multiplayer games but for single player it is retarded IMO.

oh and look at the type of car he has- an open wheel racer with big wings- well suited to the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing CoD4 & having gotten sick of the constant CTDing of Europa Barbarorum, I've started playing the old Rome:Total Realism 6 & I'm having a ball where EB is so often a chore :D

Was playing some Civ4, I think I'm Cived out for the next couple of years now though :p

Also finally gotten around to playing Sins of a Solar Empire a bit, reminds me of Conquest:Frontier Wars but without the awesome :devilish:
I mean, there are some pretty cool bits but CFW is still better.

If it still uses the same engine as the last game, the physics are pretty good(thought it makes extensive use of lookup tabes- BOOOO) but low speed tire grip wayyy to low and it doesnt simulate as much as the car as Live for speed does, for example. trannsmission noise in the game it purely related to speed while in LFS it actually depends on the speed of the tranny(and it's realllly cooll to be going like 70MPH for example, put it in reverse, slowly release the clutch while giving it gas and listening to the tranny noise and btw- how about proper clutch support SIMBIN?). Little things like that LFS totally owns all over sims, besides Richard Burns Rally, which althought released in 2004 is the best raceing simulator of all time, as it simulates EVERYTHING, doesnt just use lookup tables- it calculates the air entering the intake for example to get the HP readout and simulates a turbo so it can calcuate the HP if it breaks or is partially broken.

Forza 2 is by far the best console sim I have played, althought I havent played the latest gran turiso games but form what I hear they aren't even in the same league. Now if only Forza 2 had a cockpit, supported the Driving Force Pro (it's USB... come on.. write a driver for the 360 PLZZZZZZZ) and didnt have the anti-cheating thing where if you go off course it ads time- that would be fine for multiplayer games but for single player it is retarded IMO.

oh and look at the type of car he has- an open wheel racer with big wings- well suited to the ring.

OK, first of all let me explain my biases:
-I've never seen an interesting car game on the computer my whole life. Pimp my wheels? Pathetic BS imho. I appreciate car nerdiness, not cultural vapidity.
-Racing car sims? Cool, but personally for me it doesn't relate to me driving real cars in real life enough to feel exciting. I might as well race starships.
-Raised on Grand Turismo, especially the one with hundreds and hundreds of regular cars
-Bought an Xbox 360 for ONE game, and still only own one game - Forza 2.

I'm sure that he SHOULD have a fast lap in that game for that (concept?) car, however I highly doubt that if that car was put on the actual 'ring it could touch that score, let alone without a professional driver and team behind it. I mean, the Porsche 956 with all of that pulled an insane 6:11, but a modern supercar is in the mid 7 minute range.

Forza 2 has proven to be quite accurate for real car/real lap times versus game car/game lap times.

So with that said, any car game suggestions? No money for a new console for GT unfortunately...

i finished a 2.3 year old halo1 game last night. and area 51 today. tried hitman blood money...not in the mood. patching my WoW now (2 hours) though my account isn't active.

may do a little two worlds tonight.

OK, first of all let me explain my biases:
-I've never seen an interesting car game on the computer my whole life. Pimp my wheels? Pathetic BS imho. I appreciate car nerdiness, not cultural vapidity.
-Racing car sims? Cool, but personally for me it doesn't relate to me driving real cars in real life enough to feel exciting. I might as well race starships.
-Raised on Grand Turismo, especially the one with hundreds and hundreds of regular cars
-Bought an Xbox 360 for ONE game, and still only own one game - Forza 2.

I'm sure that he SHOULD have a fast lap in that game for that (concept?) car, however I highly doubt that if that car was put on the actual 'ring it could touch that score, let alone without a professional driver and team behind it. I mean, the Porsche 956 with all of that pulled an insane 6:11, but a modern supercar is in the mid 7 minute range.

Forza 2 has proven to be quite accurate for real car/real lap times versus game car/game lap times.

So with that said, any car game suggestions? No money for a new console for GT unfortunately...
Well I already said Gran Turismo is known to be shit for realism.
Play Richard Burns Rally and Live For speed, those are the best raciing sims imo.
I never said anything about pimp my ride btw- what was that all about?
It should be clear from my post I like racing sims, not some need for speed type bullshit.
Racing sims will never equate to driving an actual car, it is silly to think that it will, what they should do though is, as accuratly ass possible, is to try to replicate it for a PC or gaming console as best they can. Racing sims will never touch real life since even if the physics are 100% you will do stuff in games that you would be to scared to too in real life- you will race MUCH harder since there is no consequence to wrecking a car in a game.

Well I already said Gran Turismo is known to be shit for realism.
Play Richard Burns Rally and Live For speed, those are the best raciing sims imo.
I never said anything about pimp my ride btw- what was that all about?
It should be clear from my post I like racing sims, not some need for speed type bullshit.
Racing sims will never equate to driving an actual car, it is silly to think that it will, what they should do though is, as accuratly ass possible, is to try to replicate it for a PC or gaming console as best they can. Racing sims will never touch real life since even if the physics are 100% you will do stuff in games that you would be to scared to too in real life- you will race MUCH harder since there is no consequence to wrecking a car in a game.

Yes, I should have made that clear I wasn't accusing anyone here of liking NFS style games, just the general gaming public vs my preferences. I have found that going back to earlier and less realistic racing sim style games from Forza 2 etc make those games feel terrible, and certainly much further away from real. Playing a NFS now game feels closer toplaying an old arcade game or something. Also I think that a game can feel/be accurate regardless of whether or not a person doesn't kill him/herself ingame.

Theres nothing wrong with arcade racers, as long as you arnt expecting them to be sims

Yes...and of course using the same logic there's nothing wrong with a pod racing game...it's just a preference I understand and agree. But still in the sim world there's often a better and a worse. I personally loved GT's huge array of cars, and forza's great feel. To me it's fun to get some sort of approximations of real cars and in GT it's sure funny to see what a modded F150, or maybe a Peugot 302, or maybe a C5 Vette could do...

Yes, I should have made that clear I wasn't accusing anyone here of liking NFS style games, just the general gaming public vs my preferences. I have found that going back to earlier and less realistic racing sim style games from Forza 2 etc make those games feel terrible, and certainly much further away from real. Playing a NFS now game feels closer toplaying an old arcade game or something. Also I think that a game can feel/be accurate regardless of whether or not a person doesn't kill him/herself ingame.
Well Forza 2 is def. fun but not perfect IMO, richard burns rally is "total win" if you have a decent quality wheel- you can tell what the car is doing just by the feel of the wheel, live for speed is good like I said to- download it at www.liveforspeed.net, try the demo.
I do think the RWD road cars are wayyy to tailhappy though in LFS though, the ones with race tires are better though so perhaps the road tire model is the weak link?
It's still damn fun though, much more so than other racing games, even the simbin games.

ps= np mate, I wasnt mad or anything, just wanted to be clear arcade racers aren't my thing :smile:

max payne 1 (suddenly im in a noir mood i guess). goes good with a scotch/rocks. finished a halo 1 game i started over 2 years ago! also fiinished my downloaded copy of area 51. this weekend. tried some blood money....not in the mood (more thinking than max payne)...still playing mass effect from time to time. tried some more two worlds, meh, i don't know how to progress now (locked castle). (not as much gaming as it sounds like though.)

just waiting to get a crack at farcry 2.

then GTA4 in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back