What Anime are you watching now?

Does AoT get better after the first season or worse? I think I only made it through half the first season before going to the web for spoilers.

animation-wise, worse.

basically 1st episode = top notch animation. 2nd episode goes down a wee bit. then its all drops off a cliff for a few episodes. then 1 (or half) episode of action with proper animation. Then it is back to a bunch of slideshows.

Does AoT get better after the first season or worse? I think I only made it through half the first season before going to the web for spoilers.
For me, I liked that AoT has clear story arcs that also chose to tell arcs in different ways. E.g, season one was split into two arcs, the fist was the primer and learning about titans and Eren and the second about Eren and co's assignment to the Scouts where more of the world and background unfolds. The story continues to unfold well over the next three seasons, with end end of season 3 lining up a big shift in the story which is why season 4 is bonkers long; 28 episodes without the final stretch due next year.

But if you've spoilt the story for yourself, I cannot see the allure of watching it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They improved the animation in the bluray vs the tv/streaming version btw.
Really? They took two passes at the animation? Attack on Titan was always a weird mix of conventional animation, sometimes an excessive use of panning across stills and sometimes 3D animation.

Really? They took two passes at the animation? Attack on Titan was always a weird mix of conventional animation, sometimes an excessive use of panning across stills and sometimes 3D animation.

And sometimes they even forgot to paint a rock, leaving them pink / purple.

I wonder if they are equipped with shoestring budget

Did I mention I happened upon Ascendance of a Bookworm and it's just been charming me? I plowed through the first two seasons and episode 7 of the third season just came out today. The third season is currently ongoing so I'm watching weekly when I want to binge, WAAAAAH!

Strange thing? I don't think I've seen any fanservice in it. A very refreshing change. :)

Did I mention I happened upon Ascendance of a Bookworm and it's just been charming me? I plowed through the first two seasons and episode 7 of the third season just came out today. The third season is currently ongoing so I'm watching weekly when I want to binge, WAAAAAH!

Strange thing? I don't think I've seen any fanservice in it. A very refreshing change. :)
It's one of those shows the synopsis and trying to explain it to someone would make it sound crap.

I don't know if it's badly animated, it's a simplistic style which is cheaper yes but it works for this series. This story isn't really one that needs the best animation, not a ton of action sequences so far. ;)

Yup , it's certainly one of the better shows in recent years.

just watched estab life. uh.. what a mess lol. but the 3d animation was quite good.

I don't know if it's badly animated, it's a simplistic style which is cheaper yes but it works for this series. This story isn't really one that needs the best animation, not a ton of action sequences so far. ;)

there were a lot of sequences that were practically begging for a proper animation (e.g. the whole research and production thing).

realist hero season 1 has a better method of "cheap animation" that still looks conventional enough IMO. There's also Monogatari series with their over-the-top cheap animations (and a proper full-blown animation on very strategic places) that made the show have a very distinct look.

Back