What Anime are you watching now?

what new anime season any of you watched? still continuing from last season?

I compared the bluray vs a quality 720p encode from the bluray, on a 55' with a normal viewing distance, I didn't see a lot of differences in this anime. So I guess 1080p webdl is good enough (if bitrate is ok, as usual).

Edit : Did I say that this anime is awesome already ? :D I had the opening looping on my headphones while working out today :eek:

yeah, webdl from bluray encodes are indeed awesome looking. the only webdl that's comparable is itunes/appletv webdl. dunno why other webdl/streams got lesser quality.

Which service provides kimetsu no yaiba season 3 at high bitrate? Netflix is quite low and it got ridiculous compression artifacts, especially on the opening scene.

Cowboy Bebop. I'm sorry, but I'm finding it extremely boring. I do love the artstyle and the old-days good animation quality, though, and a few episodes are quite entertaining. Also, I like the setting, nevertheless.

And I just watched the last episode of Yakusoku no Neverland, season 2. Wow, I loved this season, even though the last episode felt rushed at the end.

Violet Evergarden. Oh boy such a let down, but I believed the the hype, my fault. Watched 4 eps, deleted the whole stuff. Visuals are great, the sounds too, but the direction is horrible. Nothing of importance is happening, I feel like I just watched 4 filler episodes about an autistic Saber . And the way they convey emotions is pretty basic, borderline cheap.

Ousama Ranking (Ranking of Kings) episode 21. I LOVE the way they animated the fight in this episode. Soooo, good.

Also, while this anime goes for the anime trope that "almost everyone is a good person, even the bad guys", I've still enjoyed the progression of the story immensely.

Regards,
SB

Violet Evergarden. Oh boy such a let down, but I believed the the hype, my fault. Watched 4 eps, deleted the whole stuff. Visuals are great, the sounds too, but the direction is horrible. Nothing of importance is happening, I feel like I just watched 4 filler episodes about an autistic Saber . And the way they convey emotions is pretty basic, borderline cheap.

watch kotaro home alone. it dialed the emotion exploitation to 120%

The second half of the Final Season of Attack on Titan. So good. :yes:

edit: kind of shocking I've been invested in this story since 2016 and it was the show that got me into anime, much of which was been - comparatively - disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Season one aired in 2013 so by 2023 that would be four seasons over tens years, with the final season spread over four calendar years! :runaway:

There's even been talks that the next Final Season release in 2023 still won't complete the story and they will wrap it up with a movie or two movies.

Does AoT get better after the first season or worse? I think I only made it through half the first season before going to the web for spoilers.

Back