What Anime are you watching now?

Started watching Castelvania. I'm only sliiiiightly familiarised with the games, so I don't really know if the story is ok on that aspect.

So far, I'm liking it, even if the script/animation is a bit... weird, sometimes. Lol, like the woman at the beginning of the first episode. She arrives to Dracula's castle and she makes these weird faces, or she gasps in awe before the colossal door... when she's been there at the door for a while (instead of arriving + gasping in awe + then looking around... I laughed, honestly).

Castlevania was a good surprise imo. A lot of CGI sure, but the audio and atmosphere is good, the story ok, etc.... I expected just a cash grab around the licence, but nope, they put some effort in it.

Ousama Ranking. Up to episode 7 now. I like this delicious twist that is happening now. While the overall arc of this is going like I expected it to, how it is happening has sidestepped all my expectations. There are so many schemes within schemes in what at first appeared to be a relatively innocent story using a tried and true formula. But it isn't quite that at all and I love it. The ones I thought were villains aren't and the ones I thought would be good haven't turned out to be. And it appears that one "bad person" has already gotten what's coming to them but on the other hand a person that I thought was bad ...

Definitely do not read the spoiler if you plan to watch this but haven't watched all the previous episodes yet.

... got killed in an earlier episode but it turns out that person isn't bad.

Woo, what a fantastic and unexpectedly fun ride that still manages to maintain the sweet innocence of the main protagonist.

Regards,
SB

List of "pun names" in Ranking of Kings / Ousama Ranking

• Queen Hilling - Queen Healing, because she heals

• King Bosse - King Boss, because he is the boss

• Kage - Shadow, because it is a shadow clan being

• Daida - ..... dunno, any idea? Maybe "Dai da" as because he is being possessed by the large/great (dai) bosse?

• Bojji - ..... dunno, any idea?
anything else?

I finished watching Avatar: The legend of Korra.

Well, I liked it. Korra's character evolved a lot. I missed the old days where the avatar was truly awesome when in avatar state (do you remember Aang's giant sea mech?), but on the other hand I understand that they went for a more human character.

Castlevania, season 2. Quite nice. IIRC, the animation is a bit better than in the first season. Still a few quirky things, but overall, it's good and it makes me curious about the games.

Without spoiling anything (or too much), how does it compare to the games?

Watched Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba up till newest episode.
Surprisingly enjoyable show.

Been catching up Attack of Titan and now on 3rd season.
Well made and yet something that I mostly watch as filler between other shows.

I tried Eden of the East, 6 eps in, I stopped... It doesn't catch my attention at all, and at this point it doesn't try to answer or move the "interesting" plots. Oh well, I tried.... Next to the list, Dorohedoro !

Only 3 eps in, Dorohedoro is awesome. The art, the audio, the world, the plot... I'm speechless. It's "just" a sf/action anime, but damn it's original and very well done
Btw, their is a grain on the pictures, so you don't gain much by having the bluray vs a 1080webdl.

Only 3 eps in, Dorohedoro is awesome. The art, the audio, the world, the plot... I'm speechless. It's "just" a sf/action anime, but damn it's original and very well done
Btw, their is a grain on the pictures, so you don't gain much by having the bluray vs a 1080webdl.

Isnt grainy picture became smoother in webdl? While BluRay will keep the grains pristine

Isnt grainy picture became smoother in webdl? While BluRay will keep the grains pristine

I compared the bluray vs a quality 720p encode from the bluray, on a 55' with a normal viewing distance, I didn't see a lot of differences in this anime. So I guess 1080p webdl is good enough (if bitrate is ok, as usual).

Edit : Did I say that this anime is awesome already ? :D I had the opening looping on my headphones while working out today :eek:

Back