What Anime are you watching now?

Jujustu, aot... I tried Vinland Saga but, after a few good épisodes, it turns out to be something I don't like. Same with Dr Stone.

Still have the 2-3 last Serial Experiments Lain épisodes to watch, this thing is weird...

I started an old one, Armored Trooper Votoms, really like it so far.

I didn't know their was a anime thread here, I could take for hours about this :eek:

I took my time but finished Armored Trooper Votoms today (52 eps).

Really liked it, old school art, old school audio, ok story with decent side characters... I had hope for another ending, but it's decent.... Aaaand, I just check, their is a sequel with 5 oav. So I'll watch that too :eek:

Watched Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul , which is the 3rd Made in Abyss movie (but the two previous ones were just recap of the previous seasons). So, this take place just after the event of the anime, and boy, I forgot how MiA was brutal... For those who don't know the anime, don't be fooled by the "cute" art style. It's not for kids...

Without spoiling anything, it's good, and I guess they decided to make a movie because it's cheaper than a entire season ? Visualy it's good as usual, but the big factor for me is the audio. The voice acting is spot on, and the songs/themes are really good. They advanced the plot, so I'm waiting for a new season now... I don't know if it's planned already.

BTW, a friend of mine who is working in the voice acting /sub / dub industry have met Ise Mariya (Reg voice, and a lot more) a few time, sooooo i'm very jealous of him :eek:

Myanimelist link : https://myanimelist.net/anime/36862/Made_in_Abyss_Movie_3__Fukaki_Tamashii_no_Reimei

Last edited:
Started rewatching One Piece from sky island arc and onward.
Kind of celebration to coming 1000th episode.

Mieruko Chan anime released!

The tons (tons!) of sexy camera angles and scenes are really really distracting and doesn't add anything at all.

The manga also got those but in a much more limited capacity, and it often comes part of the story telling

Mushoku Tensei. Hm... I like the fantasy setting, but, so far, there's nothing extraordinary about the animation and the story/characters.

-------------------

Avatar: The Legend of Korra. A clear step up from the original Avatar series with regard to animation quality. I'm not liking Korra a lot (she's kind of an airhead, but I guess that's an expected trope for every young, uniquely powerful character ¬_¬), but I suppose this will change over time.

Mushoku Tensei. Hm... I like the fantasy setting, but, so far, there's nothing extraordinary about the animation and the story/characters.
I liked it, and season 2 just started over the weekend.
Considering it's one of the original isekai I find that it stands up against all the isekai animes really well. It being the original is probably why you feel it's not doing anything new.

But then I seem to like isekai, even though I always think I'm not going to. :LOL:

It being the original is probably why you feel it's not doing anything new.
My comment wasn't related to a lack of novelty, per se. I mean that there's nothing that makes me feel very connected to the characters/the story so far, but let's see...

My comment wasn't related to a lack of novelty, per se. I mean that there's nothing that makes me feel very connected to the characters/the story so far, but let's see...

Its one of the rare series where the characters got character developments. IIRC even in season one there's 1 or 2 development

Ranking of Kings anime is a nice surprise! really nice story and presentation, combined with WIT Studio flexing their animation muscle in the right spots.

Just watched it because of your recommendation. Certainly an anime to keep an eye on. I wonder if it's going to go as predictably as I imagine it will. Not going to read the manga yet so I don't spoil anything.

So, a reunion of the shadow clan's lone surviving member with Prince Bojji to re-establish that partnership? I imagine we'll learn why the shadow clan betrayed the king at some point.

A house divided with so far maybe only 1 of the 4 guardians being on the side of Prince Bojji? So, a potential coup attempt or civil war? But maybe that makes Prince Bojji great will be his way of defusing the situation?

Can't wait to see how this plays out. Tempted to read the manga now, but I think I'll hold off until at least the end of this season.

Regards,
SB

Just watched it because of your recommendation. Certainly an anime to keep an eye on. I wonder if it's going to go as predictably as I imagine it will. Not going to read the manga yet so I don't spoil anything.

So, a reunion of the shadow clan's lone surviving member with Prince Bojji to re-establish that partnership? I imagine we'll learn why the shadow clan betrayed the king at some point.

A house divided with so far maybe only 1 of the 4 guardians being on the side of Prince Bojji? So, a potential coup attempt or civil war? But maybe that makes Prince Bojji great will be his way of defusing the situation?

Can't wait to see how this plays out. Tempted to read the manga now, but I think I'll hold off until at least the end of this season.

Regards,
SB

i cant wait, I'm gonna spoil myself by reading the manga tonight

about your spoiler. yeah that seems to be the case. it also kinda point to that in the opening song scenes

And I finished watching the first season of Avatar: The legend of Korra. I think a long time ago I saw somewhere that the characters were a bit bland, but I don't think that's entirely true now that I watched the series.

I've come to like Korra better. Also, the story is quite good and entertaining. How.Ev.Eeeeeer... I was really annoyed by how things developed between Korra and Mako, like, yeeeeah, obviously she had to fall for the handsome guy, even if Bo Lin was the first one to treat her right and acknowledge her virtues. But, obviously, Bo Lin is a goofy character and less handsome than his brother, so, he was destined to NOT get that part. So, I felt really bad for Asami, but I guess in second season she'll just peacefully accept that her boyfriend HAD TO fall in love with Korra and leave her for her... we're a happy team, after all, yaaaaay! ¬_¬ FFS... She may end up with Bo Lin or maybe another handsome/strong/not goofy male character will come along and take the cake. Ugh.

Oh, and I just stopped watching Mushoku Tensei. It's AMAZING how this filth is being watched by so many people. I tried understanding or looking from another POV when I saw the first flirtations/dirty thoughts of a ~40 YEAR OLD man with little girls who're not even pubescent. It's so disgusting... I was just watching the episode about Rudeus' birthday and the bedroom scene where he touches her vagina almost made me puke.

Seriously, I love anime and many "Japan things/extravaganza", but what's with this pedo stuff?! What's wrong with these people?

EDIT: also, no, being unfaithful to your woman is not funny. Paul was unfaithful to his wife and yes, it was depicted as something bad but it quickly transformed into a comical element. It looks like this series are created by minds from men who can't have a normal/healthy sexual life, so they retort to this dirty stuff to feed on stupid, disgusting sexual fantasies you'll only have if you're sick. I know I'm ranting way too much, and no, I'm not discovering just now the reality of anime, there's no lesson I have to learn, it's just that as much as I love many, many things from Japanese culture, I can't stand these flirtations with sexual misconduct. I like dirty stuff, but not if children are involved.

Last edited:
Watched the 2nd episode of Ranking of Kings (Ousama Ranking). Completely predictable so far, but so well executed and so well done that I still REALLY enjoyed it despite having an idea of what was going to happen.

Only thing I absolutely HATE about it? Only one episode a week, sigh. Worst way to release a series, IMO. But understandable unfortunately, since it's a televised series in Japan.

Regards,
SB

Ooooh, Ranking of Kings. Soooo good. I was hoping there would be something that would twist this away from being incredibly predictable but incredibly well done.

It's still incredibly well done, but now there's been at least one major twist, at least for me.

The Queen, who I'm afraid might not have long to live.

I still think the general way the story progresses will be predictable (hopefully, I'm wrong), but at least I now know that the writer appears to have deliberately manipulated the story to appear really really predictable in order to spring some surprises along the way. I like it.

It's REALLY hard not to go out and read the manga now.

Regards,
SB

Back