Weird Plasma blue shading

jimleyland

Newcomer
My 2 month old 42' samsung plasma has a blue shade on the sided when it is white. No one and bestbuy could tell me anything. It is very annoying, and also starting to become noticable in the middle. It look terrible when playing gears of war on the xbox 360. Right now it is just an annoying shade of blue when there is white on both sides, and faintly in the middle. I have spent the last hour looking it up and havent come up with anything when I stumbled here, so I am posting this hoping someone has some idea what is going on. I have the service plan from bestbuy so I can get it fixed, but I would like to know what it is before I send off my new tv. Thanks for any help.

Is it possible there is any kind of electronics interference? Electronic devices which create electro magnetic fields too close to the TV?

i dont think it is burn in. I dont have speakers on either side, just two metal dvd towers. It is more noticable when the screen is mainly darker, with light colors anywhere on the sides. It stoped doing it last night for a while, but started up again. This morning it wasnt doing it for a while, but just started again. I dont think it is the stands, but it could be. Is there anything else it could possibly be, such as a tunner malfunctioning or such? It does it both when watching cable, and when playing xbox360 using a HD composite cord. Maybe that can narrow it down since I have the problem when using both video sources. Thanks again for any help.

Magnetic fields should not affect PDPs.

I'm thinking it's a panel issue. Get it RMA'ed.

ive got the service plan with bestbuy and contacted them today so i will be having a repair company coming in the next few days. If it is a panel problem is that something repairable, or will they have to replace the tv?

ive got the service plan with bestbuy and contacted them today so i will be having a repair company coming in the next few days. If it is a panel problem is that something repairable, or will they have to replace the tv?

Sometimes they can swap out the electronics. If you have the choice, just get a whole new one.

Blue Shading Problem

Hi Jimleyland
What Was The Result Of Your Blue Shading Problem As I Am Experiencing The Same Problem With My Samsung. Waiting For The Tech Guys To Call For A Second Time As The Fault Did Not Appear When They First Came By.

Sounds like a power regulation issue on the plasmas, and something seemes to be funky with JOHN66's shift key as well.

Dont know what happened with the shift key or maybe my brain wasnt engaged. The power regulator theory sounds plausible as when I talked to the Tech Guys on the phone to arrange the service call they mentioned that to me. Only thing was the service engineer dismissed this as the fault was not visible at that time, sounds though it might be the problem. Thanks for the reply kyleb

Back