Trying to upgrade Blue a bit.

Thanks for any tips or tidbits you give, I'm still working on figuring it out because it's a skill I've never learned but wanted to and it seems so useful. Besides, always up for a bit of a challenge.

Got 7.1 uninstalled, had to reboot so I'm timing it.

29:13 to desktop from reboot. My PC is about 0:47.

Can't decide if I want to try Macrium 8 or Partition Magic first, probably Macrium since I got it all downloaded

I'm not panicking anymore. My anti-anxiety pill kicked in. Well the first one did, I think I might have goofed and taken another forgetting I took the first since I was stressed. Should know in about 40 minutes. If my typing goes to crap I took two by mistake. (No biggy, I can handle up to 5 without risk but I never ever do that. I'd be out like a light bulb!)

If you are okay with someone else fiddling with your computer, I can remote to it via Chrome remote desktop, if you want.

Just make sure the ssd also has been plugged in.

Although with the crc error. I doubt the mirror to ssd process can be completed.

If you are okay with someone else fiddling with your computer, I can remote to it via Chrome remote desktop, if you want.

Just make sure the ssd also has been plugged in.
Appreciate, but I used Partition Magic to get it down to 160GB then the latest Macrium to clone it to the SSD without the 700GB blank partition. It's doing it all now, got about 20% left and I'm really excited to see if I can boot to the SSD after this! :D

The clone worked! I used PM to expand the partition on the SSD to its full size!

Now her computer won't boot, not even tone and no signal to monitor. F-word.

I'm thinking of resetting her BIOS, or does it take 30 minutes for a mobo to get to tone? <sigh>

Back