Watch Dogs.

Regarding the driving: I don't want it to be a sim, but it should try for a certain level of sanity.
The cars in this game can sure take a lot of punishment. You can shred the posts/stands/etc off of 5 blocks of road and sidewalk before you'll dent the hood. You can do the same on bikes. Hehe. It's just status quo easy-action gameplay.

Someone should make an open world GTA style game like this with realistic vehicle and driver damage physics. Seriously it would be awesome. No more plowing through 12" diameter telephone polls like they are made of hollowed balsa wood :devilish:

Someone should make an open world GTA style game like this with realistic vehicle and driver damage physics. Seriously it would be awesome. No more plowing through 12" diameter telephone polls like they are made of hollowed balsa wood :devilish:

That break into identical length pieces very time.

There's no denying that Rockstar's ability to polish a game is much greater than Ubisoft Montreal's.

I got an email from Amazon today informing me of Watch Dogs key issues and that they have issued a new key. I wonder what happened over there that caused Ubisoft to ban Amazon keys.

Their support is unresponsive. I asked about my missing deluxe dlc and no response.
Yeah I have not heard anything from Ubisoft.

btw playing WD in GeForce 720M that goes below the Minimum Requirement.

Its mostly runs in 30-fps in 720p in low. But when the RAM is full (windows pop up "low memory warning"), the game stutter like mad. It seems this game have problem in the data streaming and swapping.

isYVIFkt6ZqYl.jpg

From the camp that thinks blur that hides = better graphics? Character clearly is nearsighted.

That image is what irritates the crap out of me with the "DOF" rendering that is going on. If a nearsighted human could see the red car that sharp at that distance everything out to infinity would have been sharp. That's exactly what is typically done for nearsighted people - adjust the glasses to three meters or so, and everything will look sharp, and you can be sure that the individual can relax their eyes (adjusted to "infinity" = no tension in the circular muscle that relaxes the lens). It works beautifully.

But, you might say, this is a third person perspective game, the blur is a lens effect! Then I would ask - OK, what lens has that field of view, is sharp at the distance of the red car, blurs like that to infinity, but keeps sharpness back to the character?
None.

And don't get me started on the flare.

Nice screens in that forum post. Now that looks like an actual nextgen game.

It's good to be a PC gamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
the funny thing is, there are 2 modders working in WD and they blame each other for copying their work.

now one of them is allegedly "in vacation".

i hope this conflict fuel even faster mod development :p

Sorry Malo my eyes must be going in my old age could you repeat your last sentence(beginning with It's) in a larger font ?

Sorry Malo my eyes must be going in my old age could you repeat your last sentence(beginning with It's) in a larger font ?

It's ok, I know many of us here are losing their eyesight. I've made that statement more pronounced for us hard of hearing/eyes.

First Official PC Patch Detailed
Ubisoft has revealed the changelog for the first official PC patch that will go live in the coming days. An overview of changes can be found right after the break.

- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

PC SPECIFIC FIXES
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed "Drinking Game" control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed "Chess Game" control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu

Back