Virtual Console and the Wiimote - recommended titles?

I really liek my Wii and the accompanying wagglewand. It's such a nice controller. I also like the virtual console, partiulary games for systems that can be played with just the wand.

I tried super mario world with a gamecube pad. It didn't work; the button placements were all wrong and none of the techniques needed could be executed like I was used to.

I refuse to buy the classic pad attachment. I don't see the point in having to hook it up to the wand; why isn't it a proper pad in of itself?

So I only buy virtual console titles now that can be plaed with the wand. NES games I know, but most are quite simple and lack depth. Problem is, I never owned a PC Engine or any of the other non-nintendo systems so I don't know which games are good. Not counting the C64 of course. :)

I downloaded R-Type for PC-E and it was awesome of course and very close to the arcasde (which I knew). However that game is too shallow and too hard to provide much entertainment in the long run.

So what else is there? Which titles are any damn good?
(Still waiting for NES Wrestling, that game was freaking hilarious...)

Peace.

I am having a ton of VC fun (using only Wii mote) with:

SMB 2 (Lost Levels)
Zelda

I played, but never had beaten these games as a child and I'm back for revenge.
I did buy the classic controller for aesthetics only, but haven't taken it out the package yet.

I await MK Wii

Back