UT2007 misses PS3 launch

Bad_Boy said:
who said 2008? wouldnt that warrant a name change?

The PC version may not release until next June. The PS3 version doesn't even have that firm of a date. I'm not saying it will be 2008, or even that 2008 is likely, but the possibility certainly exists.

There is no way I would buy the PS3 version of UT over the PC version.

I guess there are console gamers who are looking forward to the UT series - but they would be fans from the xbox series of Unreal games.

inefficient said:
There is no way I would buy the PS3 version of UT over the PC version.

Do remember though that Mark Rein was hoping to support the PS3's HDD to make mods and such possible.

Powderkeg said:
The PC version may not release until next June. The PS3 version doesn't even have that firm of a date. I'm not saying it will be 2008, or even that 2008 is likely, but the possibility certainly exists.

Uhm, the link you posted doesn't state anywhere that the delay affects the console version, or am i blind?:cry: So it might also be possible that only the PC version gets a delay in favour for the PS3 version...

Powderkeg said:
AFAIK Epic has said the PC version will be released first and the PS3 version soon after. I don t think the number 2008 should even be mentioned in this situation. Just because there is no firm date, doesnt mean it gets pushed back 12+ months.

And as far as this thread goes, UT2k7 was never a PS3 launch title, just rumored to be.
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508027

Jesus2006 said:
So it might also be possible that only the PC version gets a delay in favour for the PS3 version...

Epic has said on a number of occassions that the PC version will ship first, followed by the PS3. Until they state otherwise there is no reason to believe this has changed. You can file this under the Gears of War PS3 bound rumors.

Acert93 said:
Epic has said on a number of occassions that the PC version will ship first, followed by the PS3.
I think he means something like pc version delayed so they(pc and ps3 versions) are released around the same time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But really, there are way to many possibilities to speculate on why they are even getting pushed back into 2007, only epic knows.

Last I heard Epic wanted to do a lot more polshing and gameplay tweaks which is the major cause of the delay...

Arwin said:
Do remember though that Mark Rein was hoping to support the PS3's HDD to make mods and such possible.

Yeah, people will be all over this, firing up their dev kits and creating cool mods for the PS3 version... oh, no, wait....

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
I think he means something like pc version delayed so they(pc and ps3 versions) are released around the same time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

How does that change the fact that Epic has repeated probably half a dozen times that the game will ship first on PC's, and then later on consoles?

Corrected:

PiNkY said:
Yeah, people will be all over this, firing up their PS3 Linux distro, plugging in their USB keyboards and mice and creating cool mods for the PS3 version, not to mention that they might even be compatible ...

(well hey, I can dream, can't I? and in theory, very possible)

PiNkY said:
Yeah, people will be all over this, firing up their dev kits and creating cool mods for the PS3 version... oh, no, wait....
Why wouldn't they be able to use the PC created mods? As long as Epic add a mods directory on the HDD it's a fair possibility.

Bad_Boy said:
AFAIK Epic has said the PC version will be released first and the PS3 version soon after. I don t think the number 2008 should even be mentioned in this situation. Just because there is no firm date, doesnt mean it gets pushed back 12+ months.

Who said anything about 12+ months? I'm talking about as little as 6 months after the PC version.

And the PC is Epic's bread and butter. No way will they delay the PC version for the PS3. The PS3 version is a port, and one they got started on much later than the PC version. It's only natural that it will come out later, and the fact that it doesn't have any kind of release date at all while the PC version does should be enough evidence of that.

Bad_Boy said:

Look up sales figures for Epic's PC games and compare them to the sales figures of Epic games that have gone to the Playstation platform.

Then tell me if your suggestion makes any sense at all.

But really, there are way to many possibilities to speculate on why they are even getting pushed back into 2007, only epic knows.

Oh, I doubt there is much speculation in saying the game is not complete enough for Epic to ship it. As for exactly what isn't complete, that would be speculation, but it's also somewhat irrelevent.

If the game was complete they would ship it and capitalize on sales as early as possible. Especially if they could hit the holiday season. The fact that it's now August and they are giving a time frame of as late as next June is a strong indication that there is a lot of work left to do.

jb said:
Last I heard Epic wanted to do a lot more polshing and gameplay tweaks which is the major cause of the delay...
They probably want to get CliffyB to put some time into the game, since he's busy right now doing GoW.

scooby_dooby said:
How does that change the fact that Epic has repeated probably half a dozen times that the game will ship first on PC's, and then later on consoles?
Maybe you didnt understand what I meant. I mean PC could be realtively done, PS3 version has a while to go. So delaying the PC version so that the PS3 version gets released relatively close to the PC version. I'm not saying PS3 before or same time as PC, hell I've already posted upon that in this thread why would I purposely contradict my own post.

Powderkeg said:
Look up sales figures for Epic's PC games and compare them to the sales figures of Epic games that have gone to the Playstation platform.

Then tell me if your suggestion makes any sense at all.
umm...IIRC UT only was ported once to the ps2. there was no games. and the PC version was clearly superior than that version, mainly due to the online. UT is pretty much an online oriented game. You said it yourself, PC is epic's bread and butter. It would be stupid of someone to say ut2k7 is not a bigger force on the console market than the orginal ut was for the ps2.

Powderkeg said:
Oh, I doubt there is much speculation in saying the game is not complete enough for Epic to ship it. As for exactly what isn't complete, that would be speculation, but it's also somewhat irrelevent.

If the game was complete they would ship it and capitalize on sales as early as possible. Especially if they could hit the holiday season. The fact that it's now August and they are giving a time frame of as late as next June is a strong indication that there is a lot of work left to do.
Sigh, did you even read the thread. How would epic benefit from releasing ut2k7 around the same time around gears of war. Basically competiting with their own title. GOW should be their holiday blockbuster. This is all speculation about the release of ut2k7, which makes it relevant although not very important as the game is delayed eitherway.

jb said:
ChaosUT for UT2007 on the PS3 lives :)
damn I would love that, chaos ut is one of my fav mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back