Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

Thanks, I see, well that works for me as I prefer close-mid range combat over snipers taking potshots at you while running cross country to objective B.

And I did have the most fun in the smaller maps in BF3.

unfortunately the snipping area is much more available in BF4.
Fortunately you can wipe them out or "evade them" easily as long as your teammate know how to use the vehicles or at least press Q to spot. Basically it feels more balanced and have better small-scale play experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I see, well that works for me as I prefer close-mid range combat over snipers taking potshots at you while running cross country to objective B.

And I did have the most fun in the smaller maps in BF3.

BF3 maps, especially the DLC ones were more fun than BF4, generally. BF4 also has good maps, but BF3 ones were just more fun, better designed.
BTW, Naval strike maps are very very good for small scale battles in BF4. Play DOM on them for max fun !

I've played several hours of Final Stand now. These maps are huge. I haven't had a chance to learn them yet so I can't really comment if they are well made or not, but I've really liked Giants of Karelia and Operation Whiteout.

The Railgun seems cool, but now everyone is vying to try it out for it so it's kind of mess. It's pretty easy to shoot down a helicopter with it.

I am quite liking BF4 MP - even with just the vanilla maps.

I might get Second Assault (love Metro and Oman) and Dragon's Teeth a little down the road.

Does anyone know if there are specific ports you can open on your router to get a better connection on PS4?

I am quite liking BF4 MP - even with just the vanilla maps.

I might get Second Assault (love Metro and Oman) and Dragon's Teeth a little down the road.

Does anyone know if there are specific ports you can open on your router to get a better connection on PS4?

I would suggest buying Premium on a sale. Usually it goes as low as the price of a single map pack and it helps a LOT in mathcmaking. I bought Naval Strike separately but most of the naval strike servers have all the DLC maps in them, narrowing down my server choice to a very miniscule number. Most of the populated servers out there have all the premium maps on rotation. If you like the game, just buy premium, I am sure it will go on sale during December again.

Ok, yeah I think I'll do that, I didn't know Premium went on sale from time to time, thanks.

It'll be especially worthwhile as Battlefield 5 won't be released until 2016 now - I like how EA aren't going down the COD route of annual releases.

^Hardline releases soon. It just got delayed. BF is down the COD route already. but if u see DICE history, they always had some release every year, major or smaller.

As for Premium , it went on sale recently before COD launched as Hardline couldn't make it. The rpice was really really low. I am dead sure they will put it on sale in December again to get player's attention again. it happens every year. Since Hardline didn't make it, it will definitely go on sale again. Even BF4 vanilla had gone on sale in December last year, within a month of launching.

I'm not counting Hardline as a proper Battlefield release made by DICE, it's a spinoff title.
Yup....but majority ppl, especially newcomers, don't see that its not made by DICE. If the crowd moves on BF4 will die. I am also looking forward to buying Premium sometime it goes cheap and come back to BF. What I secretly wish is for BF3 on ps4 but I did play a few matches of BF4 yesterday and it seems to be closer to BF3 after the patch. The aiming and shooting part atleast.

Yup....but majority ppl, especially newcomers, don't see that its not made by DICE.

It's not? :confused:

I guess I'm one of those newcomers to the BF universe, so I wasn't aware of this. I was actually looking forward to Hardline, not because it's different, but because I've been looking for a good shooter to replace my BF4 online time (not too into CoD anymore, neither Destiny nor Farcry). BF4 is slowly dying, as the graph shows:

bf4_online_players_ngo_year.png

Hardline is made by Visceral guys who made Dead Space. and from what I have seen on YT, Hardline looks like as far away in theme from a BF game as possible. Its a pathetic excuse to use the BF brand. Use the engine, make a fun game, but call it what it is, not BF !
It might be fun, might not be, but please don't call it BF. It hurts when people on forums an FB say they can't wait for the new BF, not realising what the eff it is.....sniff.

I hope BF4 survives the release of Hardline and we still have a place to play a military themed BF game.

Actually, I think that Hardline has some potential and I further think that being not developed by DICE is a major plus. Looking at the available MPO gameplay clips, the gameplay is very BF-ish imo.

I hope DICE don't screw up Mirrors Edge 2 :mad:

A BF game not by DICE can not be a plus in any way possible. And criminal gangs v/s cops with flimsy cars and sports bikes zipping around is not Battlefield in any way, even if the shooting is lifted directly from a BF game. Next we will be saving trucks loaded with weed from cops and carrying out heists with 'joints' being used as power-ups !

It may be fun, maybe more than anything else before and ever after....but if it is, it will kill the BF we love and even if it is not, it still paves the way for the death of BF as we love it. Every BF game has been special in one way or the other, fantastic map design and mechanics design is the forte of DICE.
This is EA killing the brand which took a lot of sweat and toil to make.

Premium version i $30 on psn now. Premium itself alone is around $20 in our stoe ! Can't get cheaper than this. Bought it. Time to head back with new maps :cool: !

Last edited:
Back