Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
Details:

Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Now on Xbox One and PS4 too.

Release Date: October-November 2013. Launch title on the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One.

Engine: Frostbite 2.5 -repi!-

DirectX Version for PC: DX11.

Minimum System Requirements:

Unknown -any help from PC gamers appreciated-. A DirectX 11 capable PC.

Recommended System Requirements:

Unknown, a top of the line PC is always a good thing. Help from PC players welcome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with the release of BF4 only a later this year, who is going to be ordering it?

Who is going PS4, X1 or PC? Or PS3/360?

Today's impressive demo in the E3 was running on the Xbox One. :oops: It was confirmed by EA.

Amazing tessellation and water. Confirmed it runs at 60 fps... Resolution to be confirmed.

unbenannt9ou3o.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm, prompt for the Back button on every single Xbox 360 controller?

The Xbox One has different icons for it's equivalent Back / Start buttons.

gm_xboxc_blk_otherviews01.jpg

Holding_Xbox_One_Controller.jpg

They've tweeted to several people saying it was running on xbox one. Interesting. Using pc assets which lead to screenshot?

They've tweeted to several people saying it was running on xbox one. Interesting. Using pc assets which lead to screenshot?
Not exactly.

The game is running on the Xbox One. EA confirmed it already. The Battlelog icon is there the whole time, :) so nothing to hide there.

You can see it in the official video:

I won't be getting a PS4 for a while, so I'll pass on BF4. I enjoyed BF3 more or less, but the maps simply are not designed for 24 players. In cutting down the maps, DICE seemed to focus more on showing off their engine, awing people with the size of the landscapes than making the maps playable at the reduced headcount. Leaving five control points on many of the maps was absolutely inexcusable. Sacrificing gameplay for the sake of showing off is dumb. I also never found a good squad to play with regularly.

here's my post in the other thread about it

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1749100&postcount=427

sounds maybe like pc to "generic next gen" specs.

The tweets are more specific, Peter Moore probably isn't a tech guy in the loop exactly, and I'd like to believe, though.

if that's running on an xbo, it's mighty impressive for that "weakling" hardware tho. Closed box optimization plus targeting a higher baseline=pretty neato, huh?

It's not 24 player on console, is it? I thought it was at least 32? I mean BF4
There's going to be a current-gen version with 24 players. I assume, of course, that they will be doing the same thing as BF3 and leaving the maps insanely large and removing none of the flags so that they can brag again about what they accomplished on the PS3/360.

There's just no reason for it. I still get annoyed when I think about how you can run around for 2 hours on Alborz Mountains and never see anyone. It's a shame, as Bad Company 2 was an excellent game.

I watched that video, and something was bugging me all the way through it. I just couldn't work out what, until you posted that picture.

Uhm, prompt for the Back button on every single Xbox 360 controller?

The arrow is offset in the bottom-left corner of the icon, it's definitely a picture of the backspace button.

Thinking 'laterally' it may be that kinect is used for 'meta-commands' on XB1, and since kinect was "banned/unsuited to a theatre" they built a version with keyboard support? IMHO it's just a very amusing quirk.

But the game & engine looked suitably amazing in both demos.

Both BF4 showings were great as expected. During SP I said WTF how cool is that, but during MP I said OMG WTF how cool is that!

nice that DICE brings back lots of old BF features that were deleted on BF3. and improve that feature.
- fully destructible building
- deformable ground
- commander mode

nice that DICE brings back lots of old BF features that were deleted on BF3. and improve that feature.
- fully destructible building
- deformable ground
- commander mode

Pretty sure the building falling is a scripted (pre-computed) event. Still awesome to look at. Deformable ground? Not sure I saw that. The road collapsed in that one point, but I think it'll be very specific places. Can you dig holes in the ground by shooting it with a tank? Didn't seem like to me, but it would be cool.

Commander mode is a welcome addition. I really liked that aspect of BF2. Glad it's back. Using a tablet to play as commander seems fun as well. Is the commander an actual player like in BF2, or can I just play commander on my tablet without having to worry about my guy getting shot?

It's about time for Repi to spill the beans, isn't it?

BF2 was so friggin awesome in so many ways. I'm glad they're bringing more of that back.

Back