Updated *fake* Rev specs?

The boy is just a person that only wants attention to himself.

I have listened a lot of possible configurations for Revolution and the more pausible for me is this:

PowerPC "Broadway"
1.6Ghz
Based on the PowerPC970
Each FPU has been changed for a SIMD64 Gekko FPU
The rest of the CPU is equal to a normal G5/970.

Main RAM.
256MB DDR-SDRAM.

Hollywood LSI.
Based on the ATI R520 16pipes..
Embedded 1T-SRAM.
The GPU has an accumulation buffer like the T-Buffer of the Voodoo4 and Voodoo5 for the postprocessin effects (this is the why the name is Hollywood)

Graphics RAM
256MB 1T-SRAM.

I can put this specs everywhere, but I haven´t the official confirmation and I cannot to be a fake only for popularity.

But I believe that a lot of people on this forums knows the specs of Revolution and they cannot say anything because they are under an NDA.

Ohhhh, the sheer horror Nin will face once they reveal the real specs compared to these "leaked" specs! Talk about delivering massively short of the hype... :p I will never forgive Nin for allowing me to be mislead over such a great disparity!!! Ugh, such lying liars they are to me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It also acts like an digital lighter for a fire place. Unfortunately it is only good once and it smells like plastic. :/

I think the ideal setup in terms of performance and power consumption would be a single core CPU made by IBM + a mini PPU-like multithreading block made by Sun Microsystems. This configuration would give performance comparable to the triple core XeCPU as well as backwards compatibility with Gekko. As for the GPU, it would have to be heavily customized and not just a modified R520.

What would factor 5 know about revolution? A dev studio that probably hasn't touched any Nintendo hardware in 6+ months is going to have information about Rev (when most devs wanting to create rev games probably haven't even seen any information)?

Most developers might not have dev kits yet but that doesn't mean they don't have information like possible specs. Especially a company who's employee's will still have good friends working at Nintendo. Also while Factor 5 aren't exclusive to Nintendo now that doesn't mean they won't be making anymore games on a Nintendo system. To be honest I'd be suprised if people at companies like Factor 5 didn't know a decent amount about Revolution. But as I said, this guy is obviously lying just from looking at the specs he's given, I doubt he even works for Factor 5.

With a console around the size of a modem, you would need a customised GPU which is meant for notebooks.The R520 GPU at 600mhz will just run too hot without a heat vacuum imho.The dual core PowerPC sounds do able though.The main criteria that must be highly stressed in the design would have to its power saving features.

hugo said:
With a console around the size of a modem, you would need a customised GPU which is meant for notebooks.The R520 GPU at 600mhz will just run too hot without a heat vacuum imho.The dual core PowerPC sounds do able though.The main criteria that must be highly stressed in the design would have to its power saving features.

Whatever the GPU ends up being, it needs to have a reasonable die size, not some 300mm^2 monster. This is not because of heat restrictions but because of cost restrictions as the 7800GTX cards demonstrates.

So 256 MB for GPU T1, and 512 MB for the rest(Or is it 256 + 256? But if they are the same why not unified?) Who are we kidding? That is totally fake. + PPU with it's own 32 MB of Ram?

LOL

With a console around the size of a modem, you would need a customised GPU which is meant for notebooks.

You must have one hell of a big modem :)

I think Revolutuons small size is exagerated to be honest. From what I can see it looks only slightly smaller then GameCube (as far as internal space goes).

Teasy said:
You must have one hell of a big modem :)

I think Revolutuons small size is exagerated, from what I can see its only slightly smaller then GameCube.

My modem is an ADSL router/4port switch with wireless access point built-in.Can that give you an idea roughly how large the REV would be?

Revolution is approximately:

2"(H) x 6.5"(W) x 8.5"(D)

105.5 inches squared

I've never seen a modem that size so I was curious.

If you look at one of the presentation pics,there was one where they had a DVD/CD right beside the REV. console.It's just slightly larger..

What angle was the picture taken from? Could you see the front or the top? In fact to save time could you link me to this pic, thanks

Ugh. Ars Technica just linked to these fake specs on their front page. Of course, in their summary, they didn't mention the craziest parts (especially that the RAM is supposed to be 1T-SRAM). I don't have an account there, so if anybody would like to go set the record straight, be my guest.

I think that your all jealous that the Revolution will have better specs than your PC for a long time comming... :LOL:

Also, ******s are hurt from this too..... :p

At the end...Nintendo once again has surprised us all....with such a crazy *** controller and specs that would own any PC over $2000 in the near future....why do we even think twice about this.....

Nintendo for President 2008!!!!

-Josh378

Teasy said:
Revolution is approximately:

2"(H) x 6.5"(W) x 8.5"(D)

105.5 inches squared

I've never seen a modem that size so I was curious.

Just to be a pain in the ass, inches cubed :LOL:

Ah that image, from the original E3 showing, yeah I've seen that one. I thought you meant a new comparison of Revolution lying next to a DVD case from TGS or something.

That was one of the images I looked at when coming up with my guesstimate dimensions for the console (2"(H) x 6.5"(W) x 8.5"(D)). The slot itself is at least 5 inches wide (a DVD itself is 4.5 inches). Then you have around three quarters of an inch of case at each side of the slot. Which makes the system itself 6.5 inches wide. Nintendo said that the system is longer then a DVD case and a DVD case is 7.5 inches. So 8.5 inches seems like a good estimate for the length of the system (could be slightly less and could be more). For height, well we know that Nintendo have said the system is approximately the height of 3 DVD cases. Three DVD cases equals 1.7 inches in height. Considering they say its approximately the height I think that logically suggests that Revolution is slightly taller (otherwise they'd say the same or smaller). So I guessed 2 inches for height (could be 1.8 inches I suppose..). I think my guesstimate is reasonable and will turn out to be quite accurate though.

hupfinsgack

Yeah that's what I meant :)

Off topic but I didn't want to dredge up that old topic on 'How Revolution's Case size doesn't impact its performance'.

The liquid metal cooling on the Sapphire boards some were thinking could help out the Revolution has been dropped by Sapphire.

The Inquirer has more info on this:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26320

Which means that the hope for this to be used for the Revolution is likely doomed.

Back