Updated *fake* Rev specs?

EndR

Regular
(taken from GAF)
http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=64188

Han Solo updated the specs nintendo will use.

Nintendo has modified the System 1 specs. They have deleted the System 2 specs as it is obviously expensive and really powerful.

System 1 Modified
CPU:
1 IBM Custom PowerPC 2.5 GHz with 256 KB L1 cache and 1 MB of L2 cache (an L3 cache is rumored). It’s Dual Threaded

13 billion dot product operations per second

Revolution GPU

ATI Custom based RN520 core. The "N" stands for Nintendo, and is because the ArtX team is with them, that is why it’s an "N".

GPU core at 600 MHz. Will support up to 2048x1268 resolution, HD support is still being decided. Will have 256 MB’s of 1T-SRAM (the RAM is much better due to some tweaking, compared to GC’s RAM. The latency and Cells are much more efficient and faster. Around 1.2 ns is the latency, on average).

32 parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines.

Polygon Performance: 500 million triangles per second theoretical, average in game would be around <100 Million/sec>

Shader Performance: ~50 billion shader operations per second

Revolution memory

512 MB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM

Other bits and pieces
Revolution will support a PPU chip (Physical Processing Chip). There will be 32 MB’s of its own RAM, which will link to the CPU and GPU and the Controller.

There will also be a separate sound card that will support only DD 5.1 – DTS 7.1, rumors has it will have 16 MB’s, like the Cube DSP
-----------

My biggest concern here is how in *hell* are they gonna put in all that in a casing as big as aprox 3 DVD cases (which will be the size according to NIntendo).

Just the RN520, which seems like a derivate of the R520, will require a nice cooling device.

Anyways, enjoy... ;)

Well if they're fake specs, then i'm not sure we should worry about "how the hell they're gonna pack all that in a case as big as 3 DVD cases" :LOL:

Not even worth posting! :LOL: By looking at it you get to see into the mind of a crazy person!

EndR said:
CPU: ...

13 billion dot product operations per second
And *what* single CPU is going to churn out 13B dot products? Oh yeah, the one from the land between Narnia and Middle Earth. While your there PLEASE get me some of that bread Frodo likes so much!

ATI Custom based RN520 core.
Yep, lets fit a moddified ATI flagship model into the DVD case hehehe

GPU core at 600 MHz. Will support up to 2048x1268 resolution, HD support is still being decided.
Yes, lets support a resolution beyond HDTVs but not do HD at all :mrgreen: I am sure RSX is capable of a lot of resolutions, but I doubt it *supports* them. 480i/p, 720p. 1080i/p and maybe a few others (and 4:3 and 16:9 variants of course). I am not sure how we can expect Rev to support resolutions that high if Nintendo wont even commit on HD anyhow! It is not like there is a ton of 2048x1268 TVs out there... wait, there are none!

Around 1.2 ns is the latency, on average).
Yep, gotta have the latency as fast as the best desktop GPU memory.

32 parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines.
Yeah, because the 16 fragment pipes R520 (X1800XT) has are NOT enough! We have to 1. keep the frequency up at 600MHz and 2. DOUBLE the die size to get all those extra pipelines in!

Yeah yeah, ATI just transitioned to 90nm, but they can get a couple million 65nm parts out in 12 months! No problem! Oh, and it will be sooo cool that we will be laughing at ATI's double slot cooling design for the R520. How silly of ATI!

Shader Performance: ~50 billion shader operations per second
Gotta beat out that 360! By a nose (48 to 50). Oh wait, ATI is now saying Xenos is 96? Well well, NR520 is 100! (As long as we are making them up why not, right?)

512 MB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM
Is this on top of the 256MB for the GPU?! :oops: Whoa dude! Tubular! If not, the 700MHz does not line up with the memory latency... hrmmm

Revolution will support a PPU chip (Physical Processing Chip).
Oh, why the heck not, right? While we are at it lets add flying pigs!

There will be 32 MB’s of its own RAM, which will link to the CPU and GPU and the Controller.
Someone has no imagination. You are going to toss 756MB of memory in and skimp on the PPU memory? Oh well, got to think about price at some point!

There will also be a separate sound card that will support only DD 5.1 – DTS 7.1, rumors has it will have 16 MB’s, like the Cube DSP
Oh yes, there is a ton of room for a separate *card* in the Rev case. We will just cram it in between the.... oh wait, it is a giant flaming fireball of transistors and cables now :(

Final price: $5,499.94
Available:
2012 or When Hell Freezes Over

Last edited by a moderator:
Will support up to 2048x1268 resolution, HD support is still being decided
Isn't that already well beyond HD resolution? Or does that mean they haven decided if they include HDMI or not.
Edit: Oh, Acert93 already beat me to it,.

rabidrabbit said:
Isn't that already well beyond HD resolution? Or does that mean they haven decided if they include HDMI or not.

Well, that's just a top supported resolution. I seem to remember PS2 supporting very high resolutions, but it didn't really matter, it was just the number stating the maximum resolution you *could* get out of it. Some 1900something*1200something.

Acert93 said:
Not even worth posting! :LOL: By looking at it you get to see into the mind of a crazy person!

And *what* single CPU is going to churn out 13B dot products? Oh yeah, the one from the land between Narnia and Middle Earth. While your there PLEASE get me some of that bread Frodo likes so much!

Yep, lets fit a moddified ATI flagship model into the DVD case hehehe

Yes, lets support a resolution beyond HDTVs but not do HD at all :mrgreen: I am sure RSX is capable of a lot of resolutions, but I doubt it *supports* them. 480i/p, 720p. 1080i/p and maybe a few others (and 4:3 and 16:9 variants of course). I am not sure how we can expect Rev to support resolutions that high if Nintendo wont even commit on HD anyhow! It is not like there is a ton of 2048x1268 TVs out there... wait, there are none!

Yep, gotta have the latency as fast as the best desktop GPU memory.

Yeah, because the 16 fragment pipes R520 (X1800XT) has are NOT enough! We have to 1. keep the frequency up at 600MHz and 2. DOUBLE the die size to get all those extra pipelines in!

Yeah yeah, ATI just transitioned to 90nm, but they can get a couple million 65nm parts out in 12 months! No problem! Oh, and it will be sooo cool that we will be laughing at ATI's double slot cooling design for the R520. How silly of ATI!

Gotta beat out that 360! By a nose (48 to 50). Oh wait, ATI is now saying Xenos is 96? Well well, NR520 is 100! (As long as we are making them up why not, right?)

Is this on top of the 256MB for the GPU?! :oops: Whoa dude! Tubular! If not, the 700MHz does not line up with the memory latency... hrmmm

Oh, why the heck not, right? While we are at it lets add flying pigs!

Someone has no imagination. You are going to toss 756MB of memory in and skimp on the PPU memory? Oh well, got to think about price at some point!

Oh yes, there is a ton of room for a separate *card* in the Rev case. We will just cram it in between the.... oh wait, it is a giant flaming fireball of transistors and cables now

Final price: $5,499.94
Available:
2012 or When Hell Freezes Over

Hahah... my point(s) exactly!:smile:

rabidrabbit said:
Interviewer: So, will you support HD eventually?
Nintendo Chap: Screw HD! HD is for whimps! We will only support NMR 2048x1268!
Interviewer: What's NMR?
Nintendo Chap: Nintendo Mega Resolution.
Interviewer: Wow. And who much will Revolution cost?
Nintendo Chap: Just 200 bucks.
Interviewer: And you can connect it to any monitor?
Nintendo Chap: No, you will need a genuine Nintendo NMR monitor.
Interviewer: And how much will that cost?
Nintendo Chap: You can have one for a meager 4,599.99 $. And an arm.

I smell a new business model!

N00b said:
Interviewer: So, will you support HD eventually?
Nintendo Chap: Screw HD! HD is for whimps! We will only support NMR 2048x1268!
Interviewer: What's NMR?
Nintendo Chap: Nintendo Mega Resolution.
Interviewer: Wow. And who much will Revolution cost?
Nintendo Chap: Just 200 bucks.
Interviewer: And you can connect it to any monitor?
Nintendo Chap: No, you will need a genuine Nintendo NMR monitor.
Interviewer: And how much will that cost?
Nintendo Chap: You can have one for a meager 4,599.99 $. And an arm.

I smell a new business model!

:LOL: That made me laugh HARD

My biggest concern here is how in *hell* are they gonna put in all that in a casing as big as aprox 3 DVD cases (which will be the size according to NIntendo).

The case is approximately the height of 3 DVD cases, but its wider and longer. I know Iwata keeps saying "Aproximately the size of 3 DVD cases" but he's hardly the best at English and I can see for myself how big the case is.

The specs themselves definitely weren't worth posting. The most obvious clue is the embedded ram, 256MB of embedded 1T-Sram?.... :)

Dang..>Revolution Smokes the hell out of the 360 and PS3....all HAIL nintendo!!!!

over 700+ MB of ram.....not just any ram...but Hi-speed IT RAM....And I thought XDR ram was expensive....

-Josh378

These specs originated on the g4 forums. Apparently the guy who posted these specs also accurately predicted the Xbox360 specs. So he has a bit of credibility on G4.

Nightz said:
These specs originated on the g4 forums. Apparently the guy who posted these specs also accurately predicted the Xbox360 specs. So he has a bit of credibility on G4.

Did he predict them before the leak? But looking back at the leak everything is spot for the most part. The Memory was upgraded (256+ to 512) and the CPU clocks were dropped (3.5+ to 3.2) but even the memory was rumored a good 3 or 4 months before E3.

Also, a MS insider would not have much Nintendo insider news (unless he was a developer). But a 32 pipeline GPU, PPU, insanely powerful CPU, a ton of RAM (more than the PS3/Xbox 360), etc sounds way more advanced than what you would expect in a $300 box in 2006. No mention of the 512MB flash memory, HD support (even though Nintendo has said they wont do it, and now are "debating" etc). Basically this is the same rumor from E3ish.

Oh well, I would eat my hat if it were true.

Acert93, the person the rumour comes from does claim to be a developer (from Factor 5). Most people in that forum seem to believe him but I don't have any personal experience of his predictions in the past so I'm not sure how much of that is warranted. Either way I really can't believe that Revolutions GPU will have 256MB of embedded 1T-Sram.. :)

Teasy said:
Acert93, the person the rumour comes from claims to be a developer at Factor 5. Most people on those forums seem to believe him but I don't have any personal experience of his predictions in the past so I'm not sure wether he deserves that belief or not. Either way I really can't believe that Revolutions GPU will have 256MB of embedded 1T-Sram.. :)

Roger.

Also, Factor5 is working with Sony now, not Nintendo. So "Hmmm". Factor5 said they were going with Sony because of performance... but if the above specs are true then they are nuts! 512MB main memory, 13B dot product CPU (single core!), PPU, 256MB embedded 1T-Sram, DANG!

Your talking about a console that makes the PS3 and Xbox 360 whimper in pain!

If Revolution had that much power they'd be raving about it, instead of saying 'power isn't everything and we're more concerned about writing good games and we don't need no stickin' HD output anyway.'

Teasy said:
Acert93, the person the rumour comes from claims to be a developer at Factor 5. Most people on those forums seem to believe him but I don't have any personal experience of his predictions in the past so I'm not sure wether he deserves that belief or not. Either way I really can't believe that Revolutions GPU will have 256MB of embedded 1T-Sram.. :)

What would factor 5 know about revolution? A dev studio that probably hasn't touched any Nintendo hardware in 6+ months is going to have information about Rev (when most devs wanting to create rev games probably haven't even seen any information)? They might as well say they got the specs from Rare or Bungie or Naughty Dog (maybe not that extreme, but Factor 5 probably isn't in a position to be having Rev information)...

Seems a bit far fetched to me -- if somehow those are true specs (I can't believe I'm humoring the thought) then hurray for gamers everywhere!

Teasy said:
Acert93, the person the rumour comes from does claim to be a developer (from Factor 5). Most people in that forum seem to believe him but I don't have any personal experience of his predictions in the past so I'm not sure how much of that is warranted. Either way I really can't believe that Revolutions GPU will have 256MB of embedded 1T-Sram.. :)

Teasy, that guy has a record of posting nonsense. If I remember correctly, he is the guy that came up with multiprocessor REv spec( dedicated physics processor, etc.)...

EndR said:
Nintendo has modified the System 1 specs. They have deleted the System 2 specs as it is obviously expensive and really powerful.
S2 was too powerful and expensive, but the modified S1 is not? What was S2? 4 PS3's lashed together?

Inane_Dork said:
S2 was too powerful and expensive, but the modified S1 is not? What was S2? 4 PS3's lashed together?

Not far... the S2 system had 4 Cores @2.5Ghz or something whack like that...

Teasy said:
The specs themselves definitely weren't worth posting. The most obvious clue is the embedded ram, 256MB of embedded 1T-Sram?.... :)

Yeah, which should be going by Flippers specs (half of it's 50M transistors went to 3MB of eDRAM) what, 2+ billion transistors just for the eDRAM? :LOL: I already made fun of that in another forum, which posted the same stupid specs in three seperate threads in a 24 hour period!

Nintendo is gonna make the wait for the official specs unveiling excruciating for the likes of us by spawning all these rdiculous specs from it's absence.

Back