GPU Utilities for tweaking and overclocking

pharma

Legend
Useful GPU utilities for tweaking and overclocking.

GPU TWEAK III (asus.com)

2021-09-23
Latest Version v.1.3.1.1
We completely overhauled our VF Tuner, making this our biggest update yet! We also made a lot of polish tweaks across the software, particularly to fans, 0dB Mode, and our OSD.

v.1.3.1.1

Voltage-Frequency Tuner Changes:
Thanks to tons of user feedback, the VF Tuner has been overhauled, with two main goals: now multiple points can be adjusted at once, and users can adjust points with keyboard commands. Some of the most important changes are below.
  • Users can select multiple points by clicking and dragging to form a box. All points selected this way can be moved together by using keyboard or mouse controls.
  • Pressing the W or S key can raise or lower the clock frequency of all selected points by 1 MHz respectively. Holding Ctrl when pressing W or S changes the frequency by 10 MHz per press. Alternatively, the up and down arrows can be used the same way.
  • When multiple points are selected, pressing the A or D key can align all selected points to the topmost or bottomost point respectively. The left or right arrow keys can also perform the same function.
  • Holding Shift while pressing A or D instead rotates the curve of all selected points, using the leftmost point as its axis. Shift + A rotates counterclockwise, while Shift + D rotates clockwise. As above, holding Shift while pressing the left or right arrow keys also works.
  • When a single point is selected, press L or T to lock the GPU to that frequency and voltage. This is useful for testing the frequency and voltage for stability, before applying a curve. Press L or T again to unlock the voltage.
  • Additionally, while a single point is selected, press the Tab button to move one point to the right, or Shift + Tab to move one point to the left.
  • Right-clicking at any time deselects all points.
  • A sidebar of all commands has been attached to the VF Tuner, so users can see all commands easily. The sidebar can be collapsed by pressing the same button.
  • The VF Tuner screen can be resized by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner.
  • In addition to the Undo button at the bottom, Ctrl + Z may be used. The VF Tuner stores more than 100 operations to undo.

0dB Mode Changes:
Generally, 0dB Mode functions as it used to, with some bug fixes. However, the visual behavior of the mode has been changed to clarify when 0dB Mode is being applied.
  • When a custom profile is applied, the 0dB Mode setting is now disabled. This is only a visual change. The behavior was the same previously, but now this is more clear in the UI.
  • Similarly, 0dB Mode only affects Auto fan curves, not custom curves. When a custom curve is applied, the 0dB Mode setting is disabled. This is only a visual change; the behavior is the same as it used to be.
  • In multi-GPU setups, 0dB Mode is a global setting, so it affects all supported graphics cards. Some bugs were fixed to make this consistent, as 0dB Mode sometimes only affected the main graphics card, not secondary cards.
  • Fixed multiple issues with 0dB Mode, including fans turning on or off at unexpected times.
  • Adjusted the behavior of the fan sliders and arrows, particularly with regard 0dB mode. This fixed a number of issues where fan speeds and user settings did not seem to matc

OSD Changes:
  • Fixed issues where the OSD could not be displayed in some games. This primarily affected Vulkan and DirectX 12 games, with notable titles being PUBG and Horizon: Zero Dawn.
  • Fixed a separate issue where the OSD would freeze its data in some other Vulkan games.
  • The OSD now shows data for all cards, side-by-side, in multi-GPU setups.
  • Improved self-closing behavior for OSD processes, so when GPU Tweak III or its OSD is force-closed or crashes, other processes also close./li>
  • Improved the behavior of the Classic Style picture function, particularly involving frame sizes.
Other Changes:
  • The behavior of deleting profiles has been modified to fix a consistent crash. Now, if the user deletes the User Mode profile, another profile will be set as the default User Mode profile (but retain its name). The last custom profile cannot be deleted.
  • Fixed mulitiple issues that could cause high usage with AMD CPUs involving the external fan handling service and the implementation of CPU-Z.
  • Fixed an issue with the manual slider for adjusting external fans where the chosen value and the actual applied duty would be different.
  • Adjusted the fan curve for the ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 3080.
  • Fixed the clock speed for Nvidia GeForce GT 730 graphics cards.
  • Fixed visual bugs involving the sliders when "Sync GPUs" is enabled in a multi-GPU setup.
  • Added checks to prevent fans from switching between custom and auto fan curves erroneously. This could occur in a variety of instances, including when making user defined fan curves, or when switching between cards in multi-GPU setups.
  • Fixed an issue with profile importing that could prevent the user from being able to choose their settings from the graphics card drop-down
  • Adjusted the logic of Undo and Default buttons in the Settings screen to make it more clear when those buttons are relevant.
  • A popup dialog now appears if the user tries to close the Settings screen after adjusting hotkeys. Previously, all other screens' changes counted for that message, but the Hotkeys screen did not.
  • The hotkeys for "GPU boost clock up" and "GPU boost clock down" are now functional, and they increase or decrease the boost clock by 10 MHz each press.
  • Hardware monitoring is now paused briefly (usually less than 1 second) when Windows system events occur. This is to improve stability.
  • The Monitor now uses the "Log frequency" interval as chosen in Settings > Monitor > Log Settings.
  • File folder selection for log settings has now been implemented. The feature can be found in Settings > Monitor > Log Settings.
  • Fixed a rare bug where the Monitor could link to the VF Tuner screen.
  • Improved the visuals of the log viewer screen.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause duplication of the Default button on the Home screen after rearranging icons.
  • The controls in the OC Scanner > Advanced Settings screen have been tuned to have better step points and smoother sliding.

Download:
GPU TWEAK III (asus.com)

Last edited:
I should take a look at this. I'm pretty sure my gpu is supposed to support 0dB for the fans (RTX 3080 TUF OC), but since I'm using MSI afterburner I'm not sure it actually works that way. I don't have a custom fan curve set, so maybe it does. I pretty much undervolted my card within an hour of installing it.

I should take a look at this. I'm pretty sure my gpu is supposed to support 0dB for the fans (RTX 3080 TUF OC), but since I'm using MSI afterburner I'm not sure it actually works that way. I don't have a custom fan curve set, so maybe it does. I pretty much undervolted my card within an hour of installing it.
There's a good way to test. Don't run a game and look at your fans lol

Looks like it's out of beta.

ASUS launches GPU Tweak III tool for AMD and NVIDIA GPUs (also announces RTX 3090 Ti giveaway)
Although this application is designed for graphics cards made by ASUS, some functionality will be preserved for cards from other vendors. It’s a tool that allows GPU monitoring, overclocking and maintenance. For ASUS models, this obviously means support for built-in OC profiles and 0dB fan control.

ASUS-GPU-TWEAK-3.jpg

The 1.5.0.0 version which launched as GPU Tweak III adds a brand new user interface, translations to new languages, but also tooltips for select buttons and interface elements. Furthermore, new GPU Tweak will now have access to additional NVIDIA GPU metrics, such as FPS Metric or Render Present Latency. There are changes to the on-screen overlay (OSD) as well. It will now support multi-GPU configurations and allow users to modify the background.
GPU Tweak III (asus.com)

Back