Untold Legends Vid!

rusty said:
you kind of took that out of context by missing the last bit off....
My response wasn't targetted at your post in particular, but the forum in general. What you wrote just happened to spark my comment. It seems in every game thread, someone has to start talking about the entire system versus another, X vs. Y. Why aren't games just viewed as the individual products they are, with maybe some thoughts about how they tax the system as a whole, without needing to bring in the other consoles for comparison? If someone posts a PS2 game or XB game, rare though those are, we don't get this stupid comparison nonsense. When SOTC was all the rage, idiots weren't appearing saying 'this shows why PS2 is so much better than XB' or other idiots saying 'XB could render this in far greater quality'.

The games forum is there to talk about games, not system comparisons. If people want to compare systems, take it to the console forum.

(again, not at you in particular rusty, just a general rant ;))

mckmas8808 said:
Well no that's just stupid. If someone isn't in the "know" then they need to do some light research. Hell sign onto a forum like this and read like 2 threads for about 1 hour. That person would learn that the difference between the PS3 and the Xbox 360 is not that big.

If they don't do this then screw 'em. Some people like being dumb about certain things in life. Some people today also think that the Holocaust never happened, so should we also give them the benefit of the doubt?:???:

The vast majority of gamers are not 'in the know.' For better or worse, Sony has created the expectations it will be more powerful. Among casual gamers this is almost accepted common knowledge. Ask any of your friends who aren't online, they'll tell you PS3 will be more powerful. To them, that means noticeably better graphics.

Obviously, there will be some level of dissapointment from these people when they realize the truth.

Shifty Geezer said:
My response wasn't targetted at your post in particular, but the forum in general. What you wrote just happened to spark my comment. It seems in every game thread, someone has to start talking about the entire system versus another, X vs. Y. Why aren't games just viewed as the individual products they are, with maybe some thoughts about how they tax the system as a whole, without needing to bring in the other consoles for comparison?

I think we're just at that point in this new console cycle. Youve a lot of people who have felt the need to take sides here and are lying in wait for PS3/X360 screens and videos.

Lets call it like it is, the MS contingent are simply dying to say "See i told you its no better!" and the Sony camp are longing to say "I knew it was more powerful!" However, once the truth becomes obvious, whatever that truth may be, this types of commentary becomes superflous.

As much as i'm looking forward to E3, the forums are probably going to be a mess next week. Every screenshot, video, demo, will be scrutinized to hell. Its going to be painful to sift through all that to get some decent conversation.

> "Ask any of your friends who aren't online, they'll tell you PS3 will be more powerful."

PS3 is more powerful.

Let's get back on topic and talk about this game. I don't think it looks that bad at all. I prefer simplier texturing without the overly glossy look or overkill bloom lighting, or bumpmap everything just because we can, without considering asthestics. It's like developers have all this power now, and making some really bad choices, but this developer looks to be making some good choices, but the sky looks like bloom.

I don't get bloom, as it hides what could be a nice looking sky with clouds, and all kinds of other detail. Bloom is great when you are deep in a cave or building, and the overhead window/hole, is staturated with light.

As much as i'm looking forward to E3, the forums are probably going to be a mess next week. Every screenshot, video, demo, will be scrutinized to hell. Its going to be painful to sift through all that to get some decent conversation.

It would be nice if people concentrated more on the positive, and talked about what they like (thus sharing their experience with us) instead of cutting down the competition. I'm a huge PS3 fan, but I see a lot of great stuff in the 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edge said:
PS3 is more powerful.

Did you read the next sentance: "To them, that means noticeably better graphics."

They don't think it's marginally more powerful, they think it will be a noticeable difference, that's the image PS3 has right now among the mainstream.

Aslo, not a single PS3 game has been released, again you're presenting your opinion as if it's fact.

Back on topic: The game looks like a completely generic hack n' slash, and after reading the very poor reviews of the PSP version, this game seems to have absolutely nothing going for it. Generic, mindless, repetitive hack n' slash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can almost guarantee you PS2/GC to XBOX difference between XBOX 360 and PS3. To me, that warrants waiting for a PS3, not to mention I think Sony has better exclusive IPs and a built in Blu-ray player for a comprable price.

That is the difference the common man will see and that is the difference I believe the common person has been waiting for: the big player being in synch with the better tech. When multi-platform titles perform better on a PS3 than an XBOX 360 (smoother, more consistent framerate), where is the common consumer going to go? This time he will figure he can get the added tech benefits, as well as the biggest name games all in one place: Sony. You have to give it to Sony that they will have the definitive package. MS can play the price game this time. We'll see what people want. But in a world where alot centers around a home console, I'm betting on Sony again.

scooby_dooby said:
Did you read the next sentance: "To them, that means noticeably better graphics."

They don't think it's marginally more powerful, they think it will be a noticeable difference, that's the image PS3 has right now among the mainstream.

Just fans wanting to feel comfortable in their choice that they are already made starting with PS1 or PS2. The same people who think the PS2 is equal, and yes surprisingly some think is better than the Xbox.

scooby_dooby said:
The game looks like a completely generic hack n' slash, and after reading the very poor reviews of the PSP version, this game seems to have absolutely nothing going for it. Generic, mindless, repetitive hack n' slash.

I agree, but every generation need a mindless hack n' slash. I just hope the environments are quite different from one another. Not sure if you ever played Phantasy Star Online, but it's a mindless hack n' slash, and one of my favorite games of all time. The online portion made a huge difference in adding to it's overall enjoyment, and this game will have an online option.

scooby_dooby said:
Back on topic: The game looks like a completely generic hack n' slash, and after reading the very poor reviews of the PSP version, this game seems to have absolutely nothing going for it. Generic, mindless, repetitive hack n' slash.

Then you must have really hated the Too Human leak because this gameplay looked better IMO.

ROG27 said:
I can almost guarantee you PS2/GC to XBOX difference between XBOX 360 and PS3. To me, that warrants waiting for a PS3, not to mention I think Sony has better exclusive IPs and a built in Blu-ray player for a comprable price.

That is the difference the common man will see and that is the difference I believe the common person has been waiting for: the big player being in synch with the better tech. When multi-platform titles perform better on a PS3 than an XBOX 360 (smoother, more consistent framerate), where is the common consumer going to go? This time he will figure he can get the added tech benefits, as well as the biggest name games all in one place: Sony. You have to give it to Sony that they will have the definitive package. MS can play the price game this time. We'll see what people want. But in a world where alot centers around a home console, I'm betting on Sony again.

im glad you're not making any games

scooby_dooby said:
The vast majority of gamers are not 'in the know.' For better or worse, Sony has created the expectations it will be more powerful. Among casual gamers this is almost accepted common knowledge. Ask any of your friends who aren't online, they'll tell you PS3 will be more powerful. To them, that means noticeably better graphics.

Obviously, there will be some level of dissapointment from these people when they realize the truth.
The majority of my casual gamer friends don't know anything about the PS3.

Ben-Nice said:
Then you must have really hated the Too Human leak because this gameplay looked better IMO.

He said Too Human looked cool, and even defended any negative comments against it, even though it looks to be a simple hack n' slash game also. :D

One thing I find humorous about Untold Legends/Too Human is that people trashtalking Too Human are told by the XBox ******s 'you can't trash it yet, there's 8 months of development time left!' who then go on to trashtalk Untold Legends and receive the exact same replies.

I think it's quite funny.

I realize that it is human nature to defend waiting for a year to invest in Next Gen and defend having made the investment already but these "power" statements are premature.

can we just all just stop the "my system can beat up your system" nonsense and wait for the games (and systems) to all be released?

this is starting to sound like IGN around here with all the degrading of "the other guy's" games, the bickering and the chest pounding.

predicate said:
One thing I find humorous about Untold Legends/Too Human is that people trashtalking Too Human are told by the XBox ******s 'you can't trash it yet, there's 8 months of development time left!' who then go on to trashtalk Untold Legends and receive the exact same replies.

I think it's quite funny.

I guess you fail to realize the difference between an in-game promotional video, and a beta demo that was never intended for release.

I guess you also fail to realize that these guys just released the same game franchise on PSP and it was totally lame.

scooby_dooby said:
I guess you fail to realize the difference between an in-game promotional video, and a beta demo that was never intended for release.

I guess you also fail to realize that these guys just released the same game franchise on PSP and it was totally lame.
I don't need to recognise either of these things to think it's funny.

[edit]What I mean is, I don't care about either. But reading people getting so worked up over them and defending them like criticising them is slurring their mother or something. It makes me giggle.

ROG27 said:
I can almost guarantee you PS2/GC to XBOX difference between XBOX 360 and PS3.
At the moment , people who work to next gen games for both consoles , have a diferent opinion than you.
IGN: What is it like to program and design the game for Xbox 360 versus the PlayStation 3? We're not looking to start a blood war here. We're more interested in what it's like to program for each, and what each one's strengths and weaknesses seem to be? Also, how do you foresee the two versions differing in the final product visually, gameplay-wise, sound wise?

Magnus Högdahl: The PS3 will have a content size advantage with blu-ray and a CPU advantage for titles that are able to utilize a lot of the SPUs. The Xbox360 has a slight GPU advantage and its general purpose triple-core CPU is relatively easy to utilize compared to SPUs. I expect that it will be near impossible to tell Xbox360 and PS3 screenshots apart.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/704/704421p2.html

scooby_dooby said:

Like Reggie from Nintendo would say "Not my problem". Sony is just doing what they have to do to sell consoles. If people can't understand that then ol' well. MS has also given the impression that their online componet will be unmatched, but I personally don't believe that. But I also understand that MS has to sell their product, I mean they will have billions of dollars riding on this Xbox 360 console.

scooby_dooby said:
What exactly does that mean? how;s about we actaully see what people had to say...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/untoldlegendsbrotherhoodoftheblade?q=untold%20legends

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/untoldlegendsthewarriorscode?q=untold%20legends

Reasonably high marks, which is what I'd expect for a 'nothing spectacular but solid genre game'. It's not breaking the world, but people who like the genre tend to like the game it seems. Reader review averages seem to be above 7/10. Maybe that's your definition of lame?

Honestly, the discussion and arguments of this place are really going down the pan at the moment.

mckmas8808 said:
L....MS has also given the impression that their online componet will be unmatched, but I personally don't believe that. ....

well I hear what you're saying but MS's online component is not an "impression"; it can be measured definitively because it is currently real and available.

I'm not saying that someone won't be able to eclipse it but the impression of it's use comes not from opinion but from experiencing it's execution.

Back