Untold Legends Vid!

Clean as a whistle, and definitely more visually appealing than the shots, but I never really liked this type of game and I don't see yet how this'd be any different..

mckmas8808 said:
Well I like the jump from the PS2 to the PS3 that SOE has going on here.

From this
anyc02070r1c11ne.jpg

To this

ndvd0053hj.jpg
Yep they finally reached xbox graphics!!!

Looks good, im sure a news article on gamespot said this game is 7.1 suround aswel because that musical score will soud awsome.

Looks like Golden Axe of old aswel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not very impressive at all, but at least the image quality (not only AA but also AF - a pet peeve of mine) is finally what I expected from next-gen games in the first place.

Certainly a huge improvement from the original screenies. They need to improve key areas though. At the moment it looks like the same gameplay mechanics as Dark Alliance from 2001 with better scenery and worse framerate.

i think it's a bit unfair to say it looks no better than an xbox game - there are parts of it that are just way out of reach of xbox.

however, it certainly doesn't beat kameo in the visuals department.... doesn't look as good imo...

i think this e3 is going to be upsetting for the hardcore sony fans who have staked everything on the ps3 annihilating the xbox 360 graphically. Even assuming that the hardware does have significant advantages, it doesn't mean devs automatically have better looking games.

but, i personally will just enjoy looking at all the top titles for both ps3 and 360 - bound to be stunning for both systems

rusty said:
i think this e3 is going to be upsetting for the hardcore sony fans who have staked everything on the ps3 annihilating the xbox 360 graphically.
I find it quite shocking how many sweeping generalizations are made for entire platforms based on single titles or developer comments. If a developer says 'this machine is much better than that other one' some people take that as Gospel. Than a different dev sys 'there's much difference between the two' and others take that as conclusive proof. One game comes out for a platform that looks great and some people say 'see how much better this entire platform is than any other!' and then a less impressive title is released for the same platform and people say 'see, it proves that entire platform is no better than this other one'.

There's a good few people out there who need more balance. There will be good titles and bad titles for every platform. There will be good devs that showcase the hardware and not so good devs who might still produce an entertaining game but it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. Everyone who grabs hold of a specific title and starts making whole system-wide arguments based on it is being irrational. If there are any system-wide advantages, where a system can be considered overall better than another, it'll only be apparent after a statistically relevant number of titles have appeared for both platforms and a meaningful average result produced.

I don't think any "hardcore Sony fan" has ever really believed all PS3 titles would look better than the best xbox360 titles, just as no "hardcore Microsoft fan" has ever really believed all xbox360 titles will look better than any PS3 game.

There will be good games and there will be crappy games on both platforms, either visually or otherwise. It's the top titles that the performance can even be thought to be measured by, and even then it's pointless.

Back to the game...the big issue is how it plays. From what we have heard there are only three characters and probably very limited skill advancement. It might have been enough 10 years ago, but I don't know about today.

Shifty Geezer said:
I find it quite shocking how many sweeping generalizations are made for entire platforms based on single titles or developer comments. If a developer says 'this machine is much better than that other one' some people take that as Gospel. Than a different dev sys 'there's much difference between the two' and others take that as conclusive proof. One game comes out for a platform that looks great and some people say 'see how much better this entire platform is than any other!' and then a less impressive title is released for the same platform and people say 'see, it proves that entire platform is no better than this other one'.

you kind of took that out of context by missing the last bit off....

my point was that this game, whilst not the level to expect for all ps3 games, proves that the ps3 is not some magic machine that automatically spews out games that look stunning as some would seem to believe. Hence why some will be disappointed as there will be plenty of mediocre looking games for ps3 as there are/will be for 360 - it's down to the devs to exploit that hardware, and not all can/will do that.

i thought i made that fairly clear in my OP, but i apologise if it was not

rusty said:
you kind of took that out of context by missing the last bit off....

my point was that this game, whilst not the level to expect for all ps3 games, proves that the ps3 is not some magic machine that automatically spews out games that look stunning as some would seem to believe. Hence why some will be disappointed as there will be plenty of mediocre looking games for ps3 as there are/will be for 360 - it's down to the devs to exploit that hardware, and not all can/will do that.

i thought i made that fairly clear in my OP, but i apologise if it was not

What reasonable people actually thought that?:oops: Most will be PS3 owners know that there will be unimpressive PS3 games. It's happened on EVERY console known to man. Damn near every person that know anything about videogames knows that the PS3 doesn't have magic in it.

I think you need to stop talking on those crackhead videogame forums if you see people thinking that the PS3 does magic.

mckmas8808 said:
What reasonable people actually thought that?:oops:

I think you need to stop talking on those crackhead videogame forums if you see people thinking that the PS3 does magic.

there's the crux of the matter - reasonable.

and i don't actually post on any of the "notorius" forums - this is from my own experience with my own friends that are "casual gamers"; the mass market type of people. They seem to just buy into the hype that anyone comes up with, especially if that comes from sony for some reason. I don't pretend to understand their rationale, that's just the way they are.

just what i've experienced....

mckmas8808 said:
What reasonable people actually thought that?:oops: Most will be PS3 owners know that there will be unimpressive PS3 games. It's happened on EVERY console known to man. Damn near every person that know anything about videogames knows that the PS3 doesn't have magic in it.

While I agree with you here's the problem with that line of thinking or rather I should say I'll hapily play devils advocates, 360 came out last November for 299.99\399.99, PS3 is coming out this fall(Almost an entire year later) for ATLEAST 399.99\499.99. If you weren’t in the "know" wouldn't you expect it to be noticeably better than something more than a year old and a 100$ cheaper?

So I don't blame some Sony fans for having high expectations for the PS3(I have high expectations) and yea there probably will be some let downs for people.(ie full 1080p support no up scaling bs) welcome to hype Vs reality this is true for all players in the game but Sony just lieks to hype things more\better thanthe competition and generally poeple expect alo from them as a company because of their history.

In the technology world a year is an eternity, just look at the PC for an example, what I got last year this time for 1500.00$ will pale in comparison to what I can go out and get now for 1500.00$

PS....I think this game looks great(Xbox1 yea right) and fun so who cares

c0_re said:
Here the problem with that, 360 came out last November for 299.99\399.99, PS3 is coming out this fall(Almost an entire year later) for ATLEAST 399.99\499.99. If you weren’t in the "know" wouldn't you expect it to be noticeably better than some more than a year old and a 100$ cheaper?

So I don't blame some Sony fans for having high expectations for the PS3 and yea there probably will be some let downs for people.(ie full 1080p support no up scaling bs)

Well no that's just stupid. If someone isn't in the "know" then they need to do some light research. Hell sign onto a forum like this and read like 2 threads for about 1 hour. That person would learn that the difference between the PS3 and the Xbox 360 is not that big.

If they don't do this then screw 'em. Some people like being dumb about certain things in life. Some people today also think that the Holocaust never happened, so should we also give them the benefit of the doubt?:???:

Back